Last October, I made a desperate move and spent $300.00 I didn't really have on a Yahoo listing.

I was overjoyed when I was accepted, thinking about all the traffic the listing would bring me; but alas, less than a week after I got in, Yahoo changed. The listing proved to be useless....every time I think back on how I wasn't warned about the change that was coming just a few days after I paid so much....I feel sick....

But there's no use crying over spilled milk. Renewal time is coming, and I don't want to renew! The acceptance email only says that they will automatically charge my CC every year. It doesn't say what to do if you don't want to renew. Like if that was imposible!!

Those arrogant $#%%^&!!! I DESPISE THEM!

What do I do now so I won't get charged? Does anyone know?

Please, help me

ABW Ambassador
    I hate Yahoo, too.
    If I were you, I wouldn't pay them one cent more.

netsu

I don't know as I've never cancelled anything I bought on a credit card, but if you telephone your credit card people and tell them I am certain they will refuse to pay yahoo, after all isn't that how some cj merchants get such high reversals?

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

I had a serious problem getting the darned credit card company to stop a charge.

So I called and said my card was stolen and I needed another one. Within 7 days I received my new card and no one could auto charge to that old number! LOL

Yes it’s a mean way to go about it but then Yahoo will call you and ask politely for your new card number, gives you a change to chew them out!

Retired Member
    I love yahoo's terms

Important note: Use of the Yahoo! Express program does not ensure that your submission will be accepted for inclusion in the Yahoo! Directory or that it will receive the site placement or description that you request.

Yahoo! Express service costs US$299 (nonrefundable) for each Directory listing that is submitted.

And then when you do a search on Yahoo the directory entries don't even show up by default. Google's listings do.

Retired Member

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Yahoo really needs to spell out what their plans are for the future. It would be nice to know if their directory listings are going to receive priority listings in the near future.

With everything up in the air like it is, you just know that Yahoo is going to want to increase the number of people paying out $299 at a time. That means they have gotta get their listings ranked decently in search results.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah thats been happening since last year. What's up is they were still taking the fees days before the switch to Google listing being first. Now from the survey i posted in the search engine forum they seem to be wanting to go the LookSmart route> If you pay for anything now, pay for INK since Yahoo will most likely be switching to INK early next year. Or you never know they might suprise and switch right before the upcoming holidays. They keep doing dumb stuff like this it will only be Google vs. MSN next year.

I agree with Sandra, the only convenient and effective way would be to cancel your existing credit card. Yes you could also call you cc company before or after the charge but that has a potential to cause headaches.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

Netsu, go here, sign in and click on Listing Management Center: https://ecom.yahoo.com/dir/reference/cost

BTW the email you received *should* have had a cancellation link in it.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

A couple of weeks before the due date, you should get an email from Yahoo warning you that your listing is up for renewal. Included in that email are instructions for cancelling your listing and avoiding the charge.

Or you can go to the directory now, click on a business category and try and submit a URL. Choose the express option and before you actually submit anything you should see the "my account" link appear at the top right. Click on it, sign in, click on the original order number, then click on the "how do I cancel this order?" link for a simple one-click cancel option.

(opps - posted same time as Akiva)

The real question here should be who has ever been charged the renewal fee? I have 3 sites in yahoo that are way past the yearly renewal and no attempt has been made to charge my cc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    The real question here should be who has ever been charged the renewal fee? I have 3 sites in yahoo that are way past the yearly renewal and no attempt has been made to charge my cc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really Heyder? That's interesting. But I don't want to take the risk. The listing has been totally usless.

I think the idea of reporting my CC as stolen is BRILLIANT, Sandra.

I will inform Yahoo I don't want to renew through the link provided by Akiva, but I will still report the CC as stolen. I don't trust those crooks not to go ahead and charge me anyway!

Last year they made the swtich less than five days after I paid them. Since they take about a week to list your site, that means I didn't even get ONE day of the listing I paid for!!!

That still gets my blood boiling!

OTOH, I'm so thankful to everyone who answered this plea for help. ABM is such a wonderful place, and you are all GREAT!!!

Thank you so much!

P.S. It's going to be so sweet to turn Yahoo down. So very, very sweet......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That's interesting. But I don't want to take the risk. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I wouldn't suggest you do that.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread