Angry Return Days Issue w/Linkshare
    I have a quick question for ya. If you looked at your account stats and saw $20,000 in non-commissionable sales vs $2,000 in sales, would you be concerned at all? I contact support and all I get from them is the definition of "return days". I already knew that! Now, this happened very suddenly in the middle of May, and my account has been doing this ever since. I am very frustrated with this and have effectively discontinued all linkshare ads until I can get it resolved. Are there any suggestions? I swear I think I'm going to have to call a code blue for linkshare support. All followup emails are unresponsive. I really and truely feel like I'm being shafted. At the same time, I feel like Linkshare is a reputable company and if the right person got my email, there would be some positive results to this issue. Anyway, just thought I would ask. Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    What exactly is your issue?
    if you had a sale after the return days expired, then it would show up as non-commissionable.

Try merchants that have longer return days

15 years and counting
    butterface - If you looked at your account stats and saw $20,000 in non-commissionable sales vs $2,000 in sales, would you be concerned at all?
    At least, with LinkShare and their non-commisionable sales report you know what kind of sales you're missing. I don't see a problem with linkShare. Blame the merchant for taking advantage of you.
    I quit working with WalMart because I had the same kind of ratio.

Zeus, I never had a problem with linkshare either and that's why I feel like something will happen. I have a hard time believing that 90% of my sales come from expired cookies, that's all. Yes, I have been in contact with the Merchant as well and they are looking into it, they say...Julian, - Your advice rocked, but, I've already heard that.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You need to contact the merchant and find out if you are getting reversals or a bunch of sales that came in after the cookie expired. If its the latter then you need to negotiate with them to give you a longer cookie.

You need to contact the merchant and find out if you are getting reversals or a bunch of sales that came in after the cookie expired.
    The information is already in the Linkshare reports, no need to contact the merchant. Reversals show up as negatives in sales reports. The non-commissionable sales report has a reason code. I have only ever seen (4) Return Days Exceeded as the reason but I suppose there could be others.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If the returns days are set too short as in 10 days then the affiliate needs to ask the AM to give a longer cookie. Otherwise, I would be looking elsewhere.

It simply means that the shoppers are taking longer to purchase and are doing so outside of the cookie length (return dyas are cookies at LinkShare).

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread