Exclamation Missing products and categories
    I was checking my site this morning and noticed that numerous products and categories appear to be missing with regard to Macy's (this is the only merchant I have checked, so I'm not sure whether others are affected). I logged into PopShops to see what the problem was and found that only a total of 626 products are listed for Macys! This is definitely not right, because they have a very large inventory. I have numerous pages devoted to their bedding collections, and some of these pages are now displaying only 1 or 2 products, while others are showing content which is completely irrelevant to what should be there. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The Macy's feed does not contain all items at Macy's. The way I understand it, there are brands that they can not promote via the affiliate channel for contractual reasons. There is a thread here somewhere that addresses this.

Also, sometimes merchants have a large feed and then for seasonal or other reasons remove products from their feed.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Hi Grumpy,
    After digging a bit, it looks like in addition to the typical issue with Macy's, there were a number of rejected/missing (invalid) products in the feed. We are looking into it now.

Thanks for letting us know.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

ABW Ambassador
    This has been an ongoing problem with Macys. I've emailed their affiliate manager numerous times.

If you compare the clothes available on their site, with what they make available in their feed, you will be very disappointed. There is a consistently huge gap, and it has NOTHING to do with the brands that affiliates aren't supposed to promote. When you question them on it, you land in this world of double speak. They tell you the items are in the feed (but they aren't) and then they tell you that you just can't work with the feed correctly (but you are), that Popshops just isn't updating daily. etc. etc. They are just avoiding the issue.

The conspiracy theorist in me believes that there must be a reason that they don't want affiliates to have the most up-to-date product line. I am on the verge of taking them off my site.

Thumbs up Seems OK now
    I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see that (thanks to PopShops) everything is back to normal with the Macy's feed . Guess it must have had EVERYTHING to do with the updating of their site. First they take away the ability to create direct individual product links making it even harder for us to promote them, and now this happened. Hope they settle down now and stop playing silly buggers with their affiliates.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread