ABW Ambassador
    Macy's sales did not track for 5 days
    This is the third merchant in two months that I've had "upgrade" their site and lose tracking in the process.

Macy's did not track sales between June 10-15. I wonder does this have anything to do with the pathetic performace of LS reports overall. Is the same IT that's screwing up the general reports also "HELPING" merchants with their updates.

I just don't understand how a major company such as Macy's can't update a site without losing tracking for 5 days.

EOR (END OF RANT)

ABW Ambassador
    This is way too common and I think it's disgusting. The networks should absolutely mandate a compliance check any time a merchant's site is updated. As far as I know, none of them do.

This doesn't have anything to do with network performance.

While I don't promote Macy's, I am in their affiliate program and I didn't receive a notice of this. How did you find out, Aunt Lily?

ABW Ambassador
    They sent an email out -

"We are excited that the seasons are changing - and that we have so many new items for your customers! We hope that you saw a great lift from our recent promotions.

We would like to let you know that unfortunately macys.com experienced a sales tracking issue from June 10 through June 15, due to a site update. In order to prevent any negative impact on your commission and to compensate you for any inconvenience, we will be making an adjustment to your June commissions. Based on the earnings per click you received in May and your average conversion rate, we will estimate the sales for June 10-15, 2008.

We would like to reassure you that we truly value your partnership and look forward to continuing to work with you. Please feel free to contact us with any questions."

ABW Ambassador
    It didn't go to all of their affiliates because it didn't come to my email address or to my internal Linkshare email. The most recent email I received from Macy's was on 6/13 and it was Online Fashion Clearance Sale - Save 50-65% at Macy's! which was sent both to my internal Linkshare email and to the email address I have registered with Linkshare.

ABW Ambassador
    I received a email, via my email address. (Never check my internal LS notices, maybe I should)

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    We dropped Macy's nearly 6 months ago for excessive leaks and lousy reporting.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread