Royal Rummy is a CJ scam@!!!!
    I used the Royal Rummy link on my site and someone signed up using the link. They told me because after they used my link they clicked on the demo video they gave the credit to the demo video affiliate.

What a scam. I am being ripped of $100 because someone wanted to check out the site first. CJ and Royal Rummy after not done anything to fix this. I was told someone from Rummy Royal would call but never did.

I have also reported CJ to the BBB. I will let them handle it. Stick with linkshare they actully pay and dont steal money from affiliates

ABW Ambassador
    How are you being ripped off? The commission goes to the last affiliate link, not the first.
    They paid $100 to a different affiliate, so how is that a scam?

The demo is there to show you how to use the site and how the site works. It could be stupid to sign up and deposit money without checking it out. Now I am told the video on their site is an affiliate. You really thing that is an honest practice? How would you feel if you send some to a site and right before they buy an item there is a video showing them the Item. So they click on it to checkout the item them there goes your sale.

This is not another web site with a demo video it is their web site. If you think that is a fair practice then you should sign up with RummyRoyal and see what happens.

Darrick

Darrick I have to agree, at best this is a huge leak, worse case scenario is that it's theft of affiliate commissions.

My guess is that they have an affiliate account themselves that is linked to the video and is intentionally designed to overwrite affiliate cookies. I can't imagine that they would allow another affiliate to have space on their site.

You should report this to CJ and hopefully they will take action. Unfortunately since CJ will earn on the commission either way they may do absolutely nothing.

This is the type of practice that should be outlawed by the networks. Good catch.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    So you are saying that there is an affiliate link on the actual site? An affiliate of the merchant on the merchant site?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    So you are saying that there is an affiliate link on the actual site? An affiliate of the merchant on the merchant site?
    Unless I'm reading this wrong, that's what it sounds like to me. Either another affiliate or the merchant has an affiliate account that they're utilizing. Either way I wouldn't consider this an ethical practice.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by drock32873
    I have also reported CJ to the BBB. I will let them handle it. Stick with linkshare they actully pay and dont steal money from affiliates
    Darrick I'm not sure CJ is the culprit here. The merchant is the one with the leak, not CJ. Again I would suggest reporting the merchant to CJ and be very clear in your explanation of what is going on. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it and if in fact the merchant is cheating affiliates perhaps CJ will take some action.

-rematt

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Darrick I'm not sure CJ is the culprit here. The merchant is the one with the leak, not CJ. Again I would suggest reporting the merchant to CJ and be very clear in your explanation of what is going on. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it and if in fact the merchant is cheating affiliates perhaps CJ will take some action.

-rematt

If it is a case of the merchant deliberately ripping off their affiliates, then it makes no sense for cj.com to allow it to happen. They may get paid either way, but it is hardly a good busness practise that could ever be defended

You are 100% right they are doing nothing and seem to care less. So I reported it to the BBB and we will see if they can work with them.

Darrick

I find it highly unlikely the merchant is utilizing an affiliate's link on its own site. If it is diverting commissions from CJ affiliates altogether, CJ should be concerned as they'll be losing their share as well. In any case, BBB is a worthless pursuit.

ABW Ambassador
    If the merchant is also an affiliate of their own site, CJ loses nothing.

As far as it not making sense for CJ to allow this to happen, that's not how CJ works. They are condoning Staples using CJ servers to run their affiliate program and Staples is not paying affiliate commissions for sales this month and next month. Again, CJ is allowing this to happen. They cannot be trusted.

Talking
    I find it highly unlikely the merchant is utilizing an affiliate's link on its own site.
    maybe they are taking a page from ebays book...

anyway something seems fishy about their setup. They supposedly pay $100 on every signup who spends $15/25????

they might say 'most people spend over that'...but still.

I always like to take a look at the merchants "business model". lol

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    maybe they are taking a page from ebays book...

anyway something seems fishy about their setup. They supposedly pay $100 on every signup who spends $15/25????

they might say 'most people spend over that'...but still.

I always like to take a look at the merchants "business model". lol
    Actually, this is a great business model, if you're dishonest.

Think about it:

1. Affiliate see the opportunity for a large payout
    2. Affiliate signs up for program
    3. Affiliate promotes the hell out of the program in hopes of large payout
    4. Merchant puts affiliate links on site that divert commissions away from affiliate
    5. Affiliate sends copious amounts of traffic to merchants site
    6. Site visitors try the demo. (who's going to sign up without trying it first?)
    7. Demo overwrites referring affiliate's cookie
    8. Merchant pays CJ their fee
    9. Merchant receives commission from CJ on sale

Bottom line, lots of great affiliate traffic at a greatly reduced rate.

-rematt

Hi drock32873,

The user that you referred to saw the RummyRoyal Video on YouTube where another affiliate put up the video there. That user then clicked on the other affiliates "More info" link that used that other affiliates tracking code.

Looking forward to talking to you on the phone,

RummyRoyal Team

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread