Latest Fraudulent Affiliates Reported

Oh my goodness, I just ran into this while chatting up Furniture Find, they have this on their site now!

Talk about an affiliates best or worst enemy. Thought I would share this with everyone here and get some input on the pros and cons of such a resource.

This is how the site starts:

Sick of Fraudulent Affiliates?
    Well we are! They are getting rich cheating hard working and honest people like us. We the affiliate program owners and managers are going to put a stop to it as a community. We are going to pool our list of fraudulent affiliates and stop them from joining our affiliate programs. Every time an affiliate is committing fraud on one of us they are also doing it to someone else. It is time to put a stop to it together.

ABW Ambassador
    Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Aluria Software, LLC All Rights Reserved.

Good way to promote Aluria since when i View Full Report they are mentioned on every report.
    I'm sure there are bigger affiliate frauds out there then some geocities sites. You do this kind of list you better make sure you have the facts and are right. But i don't see this list going anywhere.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on September 15, 2003 at 01:18 PM.]

The list should be posted publicly so that people can check to see that they are not erroneously on it!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

it is by our good friends Aluria Software, the same guys who remove our cookies and cheat us out of our comissions??????? who is cheating who?

I am not too pleased with these guys anyway, I lost my copy when my computer crashed so I emailed them and they said they could not find any trace of me having purchased their program I know I am not in the habit of trying to get programs by deceit I also know for certain I paid by visa. We will have to see what the outcome of this is.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Even if I was guilty, if I found my name on that list I would sue the pants off alluria as well as the poster. These people have not offered any proof, nor have they considered that the affiliate might not have been the one committing the fraud. They have also broken privacy considerations and have taken it upon themselves to play prosecution, judge and jury.

It's almost like you would have to get the list mailed to you every month to be sure you aren't being targeted. This is fishy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Please be advised that our database contains alleged allegations as well as proven criminals. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone else see a problem with this!!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Every AM who does have a bogus scumbag affiliate documented as a thief should add their names and URLs to the list. I just question the procedures to verify the perps. Complete transparancy as to the fraud reporting whistleblower needs to be part of the procedure to prevent hateful affiliate competitors trying to blackball their competitors.

If it is a clean trustworthy list then AM's need to check it often and add to it those not worthy of being part of this industry.......

"Sick of Fraudulent Affiliates?
    Well we are! They are getting rich cheating hard working and honest people like us. We the affiliate program owners and managers are going to put a stop to it as a community. We are going to pool our list of fraudulent affiliates and stop them from joining our affiliate programs. Every time an affiliate is committing fraud on one of us they are also doing it to someone else. It is time to put a stop to it together.

How about spammers? They join your program, then spam everyone and their dog hoping to get away with it. Who gets in trouble? We do. Sometimes they win and sometimes they don't, but we always lose. Credibility, order systems, hosting, and other vital systems can be shut down due to some individual that doesn't know how to market or the consequences of spam. We list the known spamming affiliates here.

What about stolen credit cards. Some affiliates have stolen credit cards and then they run up lots of sales on different systems and then attempt to collect commissions on them. They also test their stolen card list in your systems to see which cards still work. In Addition they order merchandise to be sent to them using stolen cards. You usually catch them when the chargebacks start flowing in. Not only do you lose the sale, you pay a commission to a thief, and then you pay a chargeback fee as well. So you end up losing LOTS of money to a thief. We list known thieves here too.

Are you paying CPC fees to people who are generating false clickthroughs? Some systems can catch this, some can not. Unless you staff people to check each affiliate and have tracking that you can see where their clicks are coming from, you can't catch them easily. We list those thieves here too.

The Internet Fraud Alliance is a FREE service for internet merchants with affiliate programs to report fraudulent affiliates as well as check their new and existing affiliates against the list of fraudulent affiliates. Our database contains lists of reported fraudulent affiliates as well as details of their report. The reports are investigated as thorough as possible. Please be advised that our database contains alleged allegations as well as proven criminals. The information in their file will reflect their status."

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I went ahead and joined to see whats up with this program.

Waiting for approval.

Did everyonenotice who else is a part of the program. Some merchants here at ABW.

ABW Ambassador
    Only see 1, this is more of a iamfa, iafma something kinda thing. Thats why i don't think it will go anywhere.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

I am not against the list but I think a burden of proof applies to the merchants and they would be fool to do this without it. The three samples of fraudulant affiliates do not impress me.

ABW Ambassador
    I think the idea of a list is fine but this one seems like a poor marketing ploy by Aluria.

It stikes me odd that each case reported is saying they are crooks because of fraudulent orders.

We have no control over people coming to our sites and buying so it would be easy for someone to target a site for high fraudulent usage which leaves us all at risk.

They better be able to tie the ip back to the user they are claiming is "bad" as the user who is inputting every order. If they cant, they have likely opened up a legal issue they probably don't want.

I'd like to see a merchant tie back this user and send them an email showing they have have been targeted as bad affiliates. My guess is this list "and the supporting data" will be withdrawn very quickly.

It's likely a short term "blip of thoughts" from one of the ifma folks who supports aluria (now who would that be???) for a shameful attempt to gain respect (not that they've lost any).

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

The only thing I can say about this is I hope the merchants investigate and document well before adding someone to this list, as this makes good grounds for a lawsuit.

As for attempting to clean up the affiliate marketing gene pool, I'm all for that. Perhaps they should be sure to include the parasites on this list as well...

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Smells alot like a revenge site. The three on the list probably beat the sponsoring merchant for some bucks and this is the recourse of choice. Like the corner store tacking up bounced checks by the checkout.

Signing up for this program seems like volunteering to be a libel case defendant.

Wayne

at first glance, this site looks like it's trying to be THE place to look for this kinda thing.

I don't think they spent any money for legal advice first.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

ABW Ambassador
    I like the fact that this site gives these allegedly fraudulent affiliates a nice PR4 link direct to their sites. If the Internet Fraud Alliance site gets a good PageRank - like a 7, then I'll report myself for a link

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I've though of doing something like this but after a little consideration I realised that it is really far to easy to just create a new identity on the net and start again

ABW Ambassador
    Considering how the heads of Aluria acted on this forum, I don't think they think before they act.

Also considering how they personally threatened me and threatened to expose my sites, I don't think they are ones to be talking about ethics.

Petty and vindictive with little planning - at least the site is about something they are familiar with.

Chet

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Concept is good, however as DarkBlue say and we have experienced, you get blocked, you create a new account (or 10) and do it again and again and again... Networks could deal with them by IP blocking, but that might also take out other affiliates too.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com : Netmagazines.com : Pierced Body : Irish Photo Shop : DateCam.com : Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

lol, i dont see what the big deal is...

i mean, we've been reporting criminal merchants for the longest.

hmmm, makes you realize how effective we really HAVE been!

not to worry guys, im not seeing this as a high traffic site or anything, but it IS a good place to see the REAL side of merchants!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    we've been sharing info for a long time with those networks whom i have personal contact with ... on the very obvious cases only ... helps to protect both the merchants and the affiliates alike.

i like the idea of a site that does this - but the implementation will be dodgy as everyone has pointed out... i hope it works though, could be a big help to a very large problem that nobody is as vocal about compared to merchant or network related fraud...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread