I want my freaking tomatoes BACK!
    I am tired of going to restaurants and not having any tomatoes. There are TONS of suppliers that don't have the outbreak and these folks are taking way to long to switchover.

GIVE ME MY FREAKING TOMATOES BACK!!!!

My plants aren't ready yet either......
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Imagine how much money restaurants are saving by using the excuse that they care about their customers health and will therefore not be offering tomatoes.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I am tired of going to restaurants and not having any tomatoes. There are TONS of suppliers that don't have the outbreak and these folks are taking way to long to switchover.

PM me your address and I'll ship you some if you want =0)
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Went to the Farmers Market this past weekend in Dallas and tomato sales were brisk. News story here said Texas grown tomatos are fine.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I'll mail you all the tomato slices they put on my burgers and sandwiches when I specifically order no tomatoes.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

LOL - tell me about it! My Whopper Jr just wasn't the same without it!

I also love Mexican restaurants, haven't been though because I assume there will be no salsa!

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I'll mail you all the tomato slices they put on my burgers and sandwiches when I specifically order no tomatoes.
    and I will add the ones they give me when I also order no tomatoes....YUCK!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    This tomato thing is ruining my breakfasts.

My favorite thing to eat for breakfast is a toasted half bagel with cream cheese (I use soy substitute), a big slice of red tomato, and a sprinkling of basil and salt. No tomatoes = no tomato sammich. :sulking:

It annoys hubby and I that they keep referring to tomatoes as vegetables on the news. They're fruits!

I'm picky. I will eat tomatoes if they're pureed in a sauce and I'll usually eat salsa if the tomato bits are fairly tiny, but I seem to have a "tomato piece size limit". If they are over a certain size, I will not eat them... especially if they're raw. LOL. I don't know why. And believe me, I've tried!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Affiliate Manager
    Lack of quality control for corporate food suppliers is driving resurgent interest in local farmers markets across the nation:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25249891/

Even in the heart of the urban jungle, Los Angeles, we have at least five farmers markets to choose from. The closest to us is just one stop away on the subway, and it's now become our regular Sunday morning ritual: do a little shopping, have brunch, and take good food home without ever even getting into a car.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

meadowmuffin - I am the same way - I love tomatoe products, but tomatoes no way - it is a texture thing for me, slimey.....have to be pureed or tiny tiny pieces

We're pretty fortunate that Wegman's, our big "local" supermarket (HQ'd here, but making it's way down the coast) buys much of their fruits and vegetables from local growers. And they have strict guidelines that these farmers must follow (including now the addition of portable toilets near fields with proper hand sanitizing stations).

So we have tomatoes. However, the fast food chains here are still affected.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    it is a texture thing for me, slimey.....
    Exactly! I love the taste, but I have problems with textures too. I find that for certain foods it's gotten worse as I've gotten older. I used to be able to eat green beans, but not anymore. I gag on them.

Has anybody tried those upside-down tomato "tree" growing kits? Hubby and I were curious about this. Hubby's a great cook and would love some homegrown fresh tomatoes to add to his recipes.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    and I will add the ones they give me when I also order no tomatoes....YUCK!!!
    I agree tomatoes are yucky. I'll send you mine as well.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Funny. I don't have a problem with slimy food (I like okra) but gritty food makes me bleccchhh. For instance, lima beans. Most beans actually although I love chickpeas.It's very easy to grow tomatoes in a big clay pot. You need a tomato cage to support them and they need a lot of water and direct sunlight. Tomato plants have a lovely smell, too.

I can buy tomatoes for my own use at home of course. Seems though that every restaurant (fast food or not) has to wait on slow suppliers to change over where they get THEIR tomatoes.

Now the crops in Iowa have been wiped out so corn, wheat and other commodities are going to eventually be in short supply as well again.

Planted my tomatoes a few weeks ago. Can't wait for them to come in. There is nothing like a fresh tomato sandwich on white bread with a little mayonnaise, salt and pepper.

Used to be able to buy good tasting tomatoes in the supermarket in the summer...but now they pick everything so early they have no taste. Looked at peaches today in the market. They were so hard you could break someone's windshield with them!

ABW Ambassador
    heheh, I hate tomatoes, so this whole thing doesn't bother me much... 'cept that my wife does like tomatoes & we haven't grilled up any burgers since this started.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Tomatoes were back at Taco Bell yesterday. Yay!

X

I'm with ya Nakedgamer. The salad I ordered sucked with out tomatoes.

My favorite summer food is Caprese Salad. An Italian dish of ripe red tomatoes, fresh basil and buffalo mozzerella. I'm starting to get the shakes without it.

Ok, just take cover , and duck !

Don't move!

I am a raw foods kinda of person. I love raw vegetables and fruits. I can eat an onion like an apple (makes me REAL popular with my wife afterwards and the general populace), and snack constantly on veggies and fruits.

Being a Type 2 at least I would prefer to get the sugars naturally.

I am a raw foods kinda of person. I love raw vegetables and fruits. I can eat an onion like an apple (makes me REAL popular with my wife afterwards and the general populace), and snack constantly on veggies and fruits.

Being a Type 2 at least I would prefer to get the sugars naturally.
    I love raw carrots. I could eat 'em all day long, especially baby carrots. However, I can't stand cooked carrots. LOL. And I prefer cooked tomatoes to raw ones....

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread