ABW Ambassador
    So, When Will We Ge Paid?
    It was nice of LS to finally tell us what is happening - after what 5 weeks.

Is this affecting our payments? The folks there still get paid regularly. I know this isn't a job, but these constant hardwar/software "failures" must be affecting my revenue stream. Reports are nice - getting paid is better.

Seeing all the problems that LS has is really good motivation. If a 'big' company like LS can make money, even after offering such lousy service, just about anyone can make money.

A couple years ago, after receiving horrible service from a company that I had to do business with, I started my own company. A few years later, I sold that little company for a nice chunk of money. I could have easily sat around and complained about the lousy service I, and everyone else, was receiving. Instead, I DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT by starting my own company and made a lot of money in the process.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I have a solution to the LS problems. Dump them.

ABW Ambassador
    I have LS merchants that do make quite a bit of $$$ for me, so dumping them isn't really an option. I also like the "Individual Product Report" and some of the other features.

There are some good things at LS. That's why I get frustrated because this company could be SOOO GOOD, and yet for some reason they keep screwing up. They either aren't hiring the right people, or they aren't investing in the right equipment...or both.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    ...for some reason they keep screwing up...
    You left one out -- screwing up is advantageous to their bottom line.

I look at it this way, they've been screwing up for years and they're not going to stop. I don't care what the reason is. I won't waste my time trying to figure that out. I had a few merchants who converted for me at CJ. When they moved to LS they stopped converting. Bye-bye. No more chances, Linkshare.

ABW Ambassador
    I know you're right Rhea. During the past few weeks, I've been investing my time in other networks. Eventually I'll probably just let them fade out.

ABW Ambassador
    I had a few merchants who converted for me at CJ. When they moved to LS they stopped converting. Bye-bye. No more chances, Linkshare.
    Similar experience. I had a mercahnt with LS which never converted.Then they moved to CJ and started converting.

So has anyone heard anything regarding when the next payment will be issued? Thus far, it's as if the day and amount of my LS payment is some sort of mysterious, enigmatic, logarithmic riddle. The few times I've tried to pin someone at LS down about when a payment is coming I was told they were awaiting compensation from one of the merchants...

It does seem a bit odd to me that LS keeps no reserves to account for this -and will delay my entire payment if a merchant delays their payment to LS. Perhaps I misunderstood...(and I don't deny this is a possibility.) Does anyone have any facts or concrete opinions regarding when I can expect to be paid this June? Or has everybody else already been gotten their LS payment this month except me???

P.S. I have noticed that SAS is a quite reliable about paying me what I expect on day I expect it. It kind of makes me wish all my merchants were with them...

Working Mom

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see how payments that were due for the past 5 weeks could be current, when they've screwed up the reports for the last 5 weeks.

It's typical of LS to make this big point of paying affiliates EVERY WEEK, then just happen to screw up reports for 5 weeks, without letting us know what's going on.

hmm. maybe I'm seeing the big picture....

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't seen any payment issues caused by Linkshare this month. Linkshare pays when the merchant pays Linkshare and issues one consolidated payment per week. It's been that way for quite a while with a few exceptions when Linkshare posted an erroneous payout date. That has not happened to me this month.

If a payment is delayed, contact the merchant, as chances are it's not a Linkshare issue.

ABW Ambassador
    Snowman, what would I do without you. You are my rock on these issues. I've had payments, but I just don't know what to believe any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    If a payment is delayed, contact the merchant, as chances are it's not a Linkshare issue.
    Thanks for that information. Based upon your statement, I decided to log in and use everyone's favorite option "Synergy Analytics." With it I was able to pull up the Merchant payment history and see that the payment from one of my busiest merchants was just made yesterday, therefore my own payment should be imminent.

You know what they say about pointing a finger at someone -there's three pointing back at you!

I'm so glad I didn't exactly flame LS for this -it clearly isn't their fault that my payments are delayed.

Working Mom

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I know you're right Rhea. During the past few weeks, I've been investing my time in other networks. Eventually I'll probably just let them fade out.
    Aunt Lilly, you've been doing this long enough to know it's not the Networks who make us money, it's the merchants.

Wherever our breadwinning merchants go, that's where we go... 'cause we need the tracking cookie the network provides.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep Billy, I spent an hour this morning reviewing my data for the past 3 years. Guess what, I make more $$$$ with my LS merchants than all the other network merchants put together. Hmmmm, do I only praise now, no, but I do know that MY LS merchants convert.

As I've said before I get so frustrated with LS because there are so many things I do Like. Maybe the new hardware will help. But I guess this network and I will be together for a while longer.
    Last edited by Aunt Lily; June 20th, 2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: bad grammar

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    I haven't seen any payment issues caused by Linkshare this month. Linkshare pays when the merchant pays Linkshare and issues one consolidated payment per week. It's been that way for quite a while with a few exceptions when Linkshare posted an erroneous payout date. That has not happened to me this month.

When I posted this last night, it was accurate but that appears to no longer be the case for June. Linkshare hasn't issued payment this week despite the fact that I have numerous merchants who have paid Linkshare since last week's payment was issued.

The normal course of action for me is for Linkshare to list a payment date of Wednesday but they don't actually issue my direct deposit until Thursday and received by my bank on Friday. That was not done this week. Linkshare is late and it's Linkshare's fault, not the merchants.

Reliability of Payments
    I am not a member yet of LinkShare but considering it.

Do you have any thoughts as to their reliability and the quality of the offers?

ABW Ambassador
    You really need to look at individual merchants. Right now LS has been very frustrating. I think these issues have been well vetted this week. You'll have to decided if it's worth it to you.

I tried Linkshare in the beginning but NONE of my clickthrus were converting. I had a lot of clickthrus. So I stopped putting up their banner and went with Shareasale. Had better luck with them. At least I got paid. I was highly suspicious that LS was not paying out the conversions. From this discussions... seems as if my suspicions are true

I personally like LS. At least, the "member ID" is always showen on my report.

For CJ, the member ID(SID in CJ) was not shown in my report sometimes, but it was there for other times, even for the same merchant, very frustrated.

Just hope LS service will be better.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread