ABW Ambassador
    Before it gets buried again. Can you explain more what you're finding when you said:

"One thing I've seen in testing PWare is that framing is the best"

Thats what i've suggested before, i think Poon has too, but it just gets buried a lot. I think the one thing you would have to check is to see if the cookie is being set, right? I've been doing this since i started and have no problems converting with anybody. Any more info you can supply from your testing?

From way back in January of this year:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...f=179600589&m=

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on September 16, 2003 at 06:02 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    You are correct regarding what poon has said.

The key to framing is to make sure the merchants cookies are IE6 compliant. If they aren't don't frame them, if they are and the merchant allows it - there is no reason to not do so!

I have seen where framed links respond normally but I've also seen where sometimes with certain parasites the framed link takes forever to open. In these cases, the customer will likely not stick around where I'll get a sale but "neither will the parasite". The consumer is going to associate the terrible response in these cases to either my site or could also reason that it may have something to do with the parasite and become annoyed at them.

By the way, I've got a little program I wrote that allows me to quickly and easily determine if a merchants cookies are IE 6 complient or not and to write the code for the framed link. Makes it pretty easy.

My take is the parasites will steal from you and you know it. Why leave the door unlocked with an open invitation. Lock the doors when you can! I've seen over a 50% difference on one merchants conversion rates when framed "or not". How much sales are you letting slip away that was already in your grasp and YOU "let it go to the parasites instead"?

There are some things you can control "for now".

The reason these threads never hang around is because many players don't want it advertised and hope the parasites stay away from dealing with it - which they may at some point. Not many things are guaranteed for life and framing links is no exception but it can currently provide relief.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Great response Poon! The key to what Poon said is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The key to framing is to make sure the merchants cookies are IE6 compliant. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the key. I think one reason it may get buried when brought up also is that it is usually in the context of a generalized statement "Frame your links" with no mention of those stipulations above. I can't say how many times I've seen affiliates who have framed their entire site and I've seen them blocking their own cookies. Many here aren't as technically knowledgable as Poon is on cookies and the full information isn't given and how best to use framing as protection.

Thumbs up Poon!

Oh and it can hang the browser when a para is active, but then they would be redirecting anyway. I do hate the fact though that all these extra coding methods are placed on our shoulders with little direction/instruction from the networks on proper implementation. We shouldn't have to be doing the extra coding to begin with, but that's utopia.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Trust -

Could you send that link again? It is cut off and doesn't work...I'd like to do a little research into this...

Thanks,

Dan

ABW Ambassador
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=7966090902

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...833#7836060833

There was some discussion about this is those threads.

Haiko still would like to know more from what you said in the CJ forum:
    "One thing I've seen in testing PWare is that framing is the best"

Thanks

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

What I've seen with SaHS and all topMoxie applications is that if the affiliate link is framed they do not pop nor overwrite.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Haiko. So now i just gotta see if the cookie is set and if so, then this is something affiliates can do so you're not popped off of or overwritten.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread