Shareasale Minimum should be lowered
    They dont send you a check unless you have made over $50

Question is.. if your account is over $50 ( ie. what you see when you log in ) im gathering that is combination of the month your in and the previous month that has not been issued..

So do they work out whether to send you a check based off the total amount in your account or the amount for the month they are going to send a check for?

So for example lets say

May was $40
    June was $40

Does that mean that today June20th there not going to send me $40 even though the total i have made is $80?

Personally i think the whole $50 is a bit silly i mean its your money they shouldnt hold it back I can understand say $25 but not $50 like whats the deal with that?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    On the 20th of the month you are paid the amount owed for prior months, if that total has reached $50.00. In your example, you will not get paid until July 20, when both the $40.00 earned in May and the $40.00 earned in June become due.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    It wouldn't impact me either way but I remember starting up and wishing that the min was $25 instead of $50. Unless there is some obvious oversight on my part I don't see why it should be a problem.

I remember reading the explanation that went something like "if you can make $25 then it won't be that hard to make $50" but when you just put up your first site 3 months ago it's not always that cut and dry.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree that it should be lowered. We forget what it's like starting out with all new sites and how hard it is to make $$$.

I'm working on a new site and wanted to see how long it would take to make a sale without a link from one of my older sites. Have to admit I'm getting a little depressed. Getting so twitchy, I might add a link.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I understand how hard it is to wait for that $50 check to show up. I remember when I first started out how proud I was to get that first check, but -- cutting checks is probably an expensive proposition for SAS and every other network -- so I imagine they've calculated the minimum amount for a check in order for them to not be overly burdened by the cost of cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    I agree that it should be lowered.
    I think $25 is a good threshold.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

What about if checks from $25-$49.99 were available for a fee of $2, would everyone still be for the $25 threshold then? My guess is that it boils down to what Rhea said above in post #5. There is a cost involved and if they can consolidate payments then they do so.

When I first started out, I would laugh at some of the Linkshare checks that came my way. I couldn't even believe they sent them. Take into account the paper they were printed on, the resources to deliver them, etc. and they definitely weren't worth delivering. Showed me that they did care about the small guy though.

Although if they had a lot of affs with small balances, funds from those accounts could have easily been set aside into an interest bearing account until the funds reached their thresholds. Lots of businesses make additional money this way. I don't know if SAS does this, but I don't blame them if they do. If the funds are just sitting there that does nobody any good.

-sfcom

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    The last time this was brought it up it was in that thread that was basically started to bash shareasale.

I'm not directly quoting but the response as to why went something like- if you can make $25 then it won't be that hard to make $50 and this hasn't really been an issue so far. If more people feel that way then maybe we can think about it.

I am not quoting directly nor can I find the thread however the last time this was mentioned "it costs too much to cut checks" wasn't the reason given (the last time I viewed that thread).

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know how many people use Direct Deposit, but I haven't received a check from anyone in years.

Accounting costs shouldn't change that much going from $50 to $25.

It doesn't really matter to me. I just don't understand minimums, when direct deposit is involved. Do banks charge that much per transaction?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    I don't know how many people use Direct Deposit, but I haven't received a check from anyone in years.

Accounting costs shouldn't change that much going from $50 to $25.

It doesn't really matter to me. I just don't understand minimums, when direct deposit is involved. Do banks charge that much per transaction?
    I have no idea what banks make on DD, but I do know that a few years ago when I started receiving DDs, my bank lowered my monthly service charge so long as I received at least 2 DDs per month.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I think all networks can set a minimum, but issue a check once a year for whatever the balance is, regardless of how small

Quick example: There's a small network here on ABW that had a merchant that fit my niche. I put up links and made about $48.88.

The merchant then closed it's program and this network has NOTHING that fits my niche. I check regularly... no merchants I can use.

Been with this network 2 or 3 years, never got a check... and it sure as hec wasn't my fault.

What really stinks is Google Adsense making you wait for a $100.00 but Adwords hitting your credit card even for a single dollar. When you are strong you make the rules.

I think Performics has a $50 min payout like SAS.

They have to set a limit somewhere and $50 seems reasonable in my opinion.

Looking at my own program, for Shareasale to send a check for $50. I pay them $10. The cost of getting a check or ACH out the door is probably around $1.50 to $2.00 for US affiliates and probably higher for international, maybe even higher still depending if it's handled in-house or if a payroll service is used.

Now knock that back to $25. Shareasale's cut would be $5. After all the fees, they're dead close to break even. If I were Shareasale, I'd set the payout threshold to $50 too.

If you're putting money out of pocket though, say on PPC and other advertising, you may want to balance the longer network pay periods with some shorter term indies that pay weekly or bi-weekly. They tend to be in the more competitive markets, so can be tough, but if you can crack 'em they help cash flow stay on an even keel.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Outsourced Program Manager
    Just to put this all in prespective for all affiliates. I am also an affiliate for a few merchants that sell certain products. Their min payout is $700!! out of which they charge me an average of $40 for the wire transfer and then my bank charges another $10 for incoming wires. so $50 min is nothing for a check or direct deposit.

Instead of checks sign up for direct deposit and then dont worry about it, When u hit the min a deposit will be made.

SAS, CJ, Kowabunga, SR all roll over the commission so you never lose the commissions and as All networks pull the commission right away from the merchant's account so even if the merchant goes under you do not lose any of your hard earned commissions.

Patience grasshopper :-) all things come to those that wait.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread