NY Affiliate Meeting July 28
    We are excited to announce that we have a date and venue for the NY affiliate meeting. The meeting will be held on Monday July 28 in the Albany area. The estimated start time is 9 or 10 am and it will conclude by 5 pm.

The purpose of the meeting is for NY affiliates to better understand the tax issue and to work together to keep our businesses alive, and finding alternatives.

We plan on having a NY tax attorney or knowledgeable tax accountant present for part of the meeting. Brian Littleton, of Share a Sale, has graciously donated the lawyer/accountant fee. (Thank you Brian!)

All NY affiliates are welcome to attend and there will be a low $15 registration fee to help cover costs of meeting. The fee is low because Andy Rodriquez has graciously made a generous contribution to fund the meeting. (Thank you Andy!)

It is necessary to register to attend. Registration is open to all NY affiliates. We will have a paypal function available shortly to take care of the small registration fee. We just want to get this information out now so you can make your plans to attend.

Lunch will be served, provided by hotel.

I will start a separate thread where all can post any questions they would like addressed at the meeting. There will be time for questions during the meeting but having an idea of some questions ahead of time facilitates planning. You can also contact us via pm. The people to contact are myself (Mellie), Kevin and Rhea.

General questions regarding the meeting can be addressed here. We are working on a more detailed agenda.

Please let us know you want to attend, attendance will be limited by size of room.

If you have child care problems please let me know asap.

Thank you to Brian and Andy for their generous support of the meeting.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

I'd also like to thank Brian and Andy for their assistance.

This has been a trying time for all NY based affiliates, and I've been critical of many people during the days the leading up to June 1st.

At the same time, it was also a difficult time for networks, merchants, and OPMs alike, and we saw a wide variety of responses, and non-responses. As it turns out, I don't think there were any right responses, or any wrong ones.

Simply decisions made on levels of understanding, none of which were 100% accurate.

As such, I'd like to encourage all NY affiliates to attend. This issue is not "put to bed". I've seen removal emails dated as late as the 13th of this month. I expect to see a handful more in the future.

While the volume of merchants removing NY affiliates wasn't overwhelming as a percentage, there were still some critical hits made to all of us, in the form of merchants we can't easily replace. And while most indicated the issue would be "revisited", I've only personally seen one merchant change course (and even they haven't re-approved my application at Avantlink).

So please join us. Space will be limited, and by no means should you expect an Affiliate Summit. The budget, although generously donated, is sparse. This meeting will be 100% business, and 100% valuable to all attendees.

We need, want, and appreciate your support. And we look forward to seeing you in person on the 28th of July.

Thanks in advance.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Yes by no means is it over, several merchants in garden category announced termination of NY affiliates on Fri June 20.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Hey guyz congratulations and thank you for putting together this meeting - no small task!

Ok, it's in Albany. That's a little vague. :-) What's the venue?

Also, it's hard to sift through and find information with so many threads on this subject.
    NY Affiliates RSVP for NY Meeting
    NY Affiliates to Meet
    Questions & Issues for NY Meeting

You may want to consider consolidating.

I don't know Bob, I thought separate thread for separate topics would be best.

NY Affiliates to Meet was the initial post to guage interest. Really no longer applicable since we have decided there is interest and we should meet.

NY Affiliate Meeting July 28 Announcement of meeting to attract attention. There to answer any general questions - who can attend, where is it, when...

Questions & Issues for NY Meeting - Brainstorming to help formalize an agenda

RSVP- We need a head count for obvious reasons.

Merging the threads would make for jumbled threads. Hopefully more will sign up and to have to sift thru suggestions and questions to find RSVP might lead to misunderstandings such as someone thinking that since they posted a question we know they will attend or that someone can't post a question because they are not attending.

The exact location in Albany will be identified when the papers are signed and deposit is made. I don't see a need to know the name of the location at this time. It's at a nice hotel in Albany near the airport. Only registered can attend.

BTW, are you going to attend. If so be sure to post in the RSVP thread

I'll check with the other organizers and see if they want the threads merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    Hey guyz congratulations and thank you for putting together this meeting - no small task!

Ok, it's in Albany. That's a little vague. :-) What's the venue?

Also, it's hard to sift through and find information with so many threads on this subject.
    NY Affiliates RSVP for NY Meeting
    NY Affiliates to Meet
    Questions & Issues for NY Meeting

You may want to consider consolidating.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

I believe I've identified the law firm that will be present for the afternoon session of the meeting. So far, only one firm in the area has had an idea what I was talking about
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

It should be a wonderful and productive meeting - a great opportunity to get some more clarity on this issue as well as find solutions.

Anyone with questions about the meeting can contact us. You do not have to be a NY affiliate. This issue affects more than just NY affiliates.

Anyone can post in this forum any suggestions, comments or questions; or contact us via pm or email.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

In addition to the lawyer we have other non affiliate guests. I am happy to announce that Brent of CSN will also attend.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Brian Littleton has expressed an interest in being there as well, should it work out with his schedule.

Shareasale has already funded the afternoon ( a few hours) with an attorney fmailiar with the Amazon tax, so they've gone above and beyond, as per usual.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Pardon me for busting in here, but I have a question. First, I'm not a NY resident but I want to contribute some money to help fund the fight to over-turn the legislation ... but I can't find any information about it. I probably just missed it. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I appreciate your help.

http and a telephoto
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you, Deb. Got it done.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    >kaching!<

Contribution sent!

(Thanks sagart for your contribution, too! Much appreciated!)

Thank you sagart for your generous contributions!

And Rhea too!
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread