15 years and counting
    gDiapers, an unacceptable merchant practice
    gDiapers is going to STEAL our traffic for an undetermined period of time.

Brian, if this merchant can't pay their bills, put them on hold and redirect our traffic to our sites. To set our commission level to zero IS NOT acceptable.
    As of today, this merchant is already stealing our cookies, why should we give them free traffic and tracking?

"As an evaluative and cost cutting measure, we are temporarily pausing our ShareASale Affiliate program effective immediately. To enforce this pause we will be reducing your affiliate commission percentage to zero and voiding affiliate transactions generated from this point forward..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    gDiapers is going to STEAL our traffic for an undetermined period of time.

Brian, if this merchant can't pay their bills, put them on hold and redirect our traffic to our sites. To set our commission level to zero IS NOT acceptable.
    As of today, this merchant is already stealing our cookies, why should we give them free traffic and tracking?

"As an evaluative and cost cutting measure, we are temporarily pausing our ShareASale Affiliate program effective immediately. To enforce this pause we will be reducing your affiliate commission percentage to zero and voiding affiliate transactions generated from this point forward..."
    Un F* believable!

That merchant sound 100% worse than the one I had to delete an entire directory a couple of years ago, after I was getting too many reversals because that other merchant is on a dual network.

Good luck on this one Zeus, at least you can easily find another clean Diapers merchant to replace your links, because for the one I had to dump, I never found a replacement merchant, but I still feel good with my decision.

15 years and counting
    I did it already. Amazon is selling their stuff and it took me a few seconds to change my links but I feel sorry for Shareasale.
    I don't understand how Affiliate Markeking can be a cost for a merchant?

"As an evaluative and cost cutting measure..." What are they going to evaluate? How long their program will last? I have an answer for them.
    "We expect our pause to be brief..." So, it's fine to steal our traffic if it's brief...

Some merchants have no idea how an affiliate program works.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Zeus,

Did you receive an email from them stating this? I'm just curious because I haven't received it yet.

Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it. Links are coming down!

15 years and counting
    Yep, I received an email from ediapers yesterday (late Friday evening) and at the same time I saw my commission set to 0
    Personalized Commission Level: Per Sale 0.00%
    Personalized Commission Level: Per Lead $0.00
    Their agreement state: Tracking Cookie lasts for 30 Days after the initial clickthru.
    You can check if your commission level is set to 0 in the "Activity Summary" report.

That's odd.

I am still showing the same basic commission of 10%. I don't have very many sales with them, maybe that has something to do with it.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I would agree that if this is what is happening it will not be acceptable... I'll look into it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

15 years and counting
    You have several places to check the commission level. It can be confusing, if you look at the eDiapers agreement it shows 10% as and the other reports like "Activity Details" give you also the former commission level. Check the "Commission Summary" report. The email was not personalized and I don't think I'm the only affiliate to "cost" them money.

15 years and counting
    Thanks Brian.

Zeus,

I'm looking in the Activity Summary report and the commission is the same as always for gDiapers. Not sure why.

Although I owe you another thanks as I see that Magazine Discount Center is "Temporary Offline". Yeesh!

I will let you know if I get the same email. I'm curious if this is a selective process or if all affiliates in their program are out. Not sure what criteria would be grounds to do that though. It sounds as though the entire program is shut down.

And all clicks that produce sales within 30 days are down the tube!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    A "Dirty" Diaper merchant???

that's classic

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay

that's classic

That's Hilarious, Billy Kay!

that's classic [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    lol, lol

umm I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not. I'm affiliated with gdiapers, haven't received any email to my knowledge (but haven't checked thru all of em to be sure, but always look before they're put in their little files to be looked at later I have em in and don't remember receiving any from em)

My comm at SAS is showing 10% for them with per lead 0.25

Am a teeny bit confused tho. In your first post Zeus you referred to them as gDiapers. In third post tho you make reference to them as eDiapers. That could be just a teeny typing boo boo? ....or not sure if gDiapers also goes by the name eDiapers? ... or they're two differenct merchants?

And yeap, I just noticed when I went to check about the diapers that Magazine Discount Center is offline again. Pretty sure the last time Ryan had told me that they were on auto deposit, can't reamember reason for bein offline then. Guess, I'll email him now about it.

umm if there is any confusion about the diaper merchant the gDiapers ones are the ones that are eco-friendly cos they're flushable.

If some reason there was a teeny typing boo boo, don't feel bad Zeus....we all make boo boos.

15 years and counting
    I'm sorry purplebear, the correct name is gDiapers. The eco-friendly dirty diapers. Good for the planet, bad for the affiliates.
    I've sales and leads with them, last one was yesterday but I can't be the only one getting that email. It would not make sense.

Zeus...I've been wondering where you have been. Was just about to PM you asking and then this popped up. Sorry to hear about the situation. Geez...we need some good news from you. :-( Hopefully, you'll get some nice sales this summer to make you feel better.

It always disappoints me to see merchants acting in ways such as this. It seems as easy as flipping a switch to them. I guess we all need to have a backup merchant in mind while designing our layouts. Sure would nice to have a switch for that.

-sfcom

No apology necessary Zeus
    yeap, they're the same ones I'm affiliated with. I did go back and check my file of emails (have them in categories so was easy to check ) and nope, no emails from them to me. Unless it's late gettin to me and hasn't reached me yet.

Hate to think it would be true but guess it could be possible what bettylou mentioned could be correct after what the office merchant at LS did. She's only had a few sales and I haven't had any with them. Neither of us are showing the comm. as changed. I just went to SAS to double check. Looked under the different areas as you suggested and they're all showing the same for me.

They're showing sales as of today, too.....so if they're doin it to everybody, somebody won't be gettin the comm.

Agree that "but I can't be the only one getting that email. It would not make sense."

doesn't make sense either unless it could possibly be cos you're having sales with them. that definitely is wrong and am gonna remove my links for them til Brian finds out what's happening.

just as bad as the private md labs

15 years and counting
    I've been very, very busy lately but all is fine. I've never had problems with gDiapers before. I don't do PPC so it's not too bad for me but it's also why I want to inform other affiliates. Check your stats often, it's easy with Shareasale to see if something goes wrong.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Is this really happening?!! I didn't get an email - if I did they would have been off my site and replaced in a heartbeat.

Brian, any word on what's going on with this merchant?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

We recieved the same email, commissions set to 0. We did well with this merchant, I hope Brian can shed some light on this.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Sounds like the affiliates getting a lot of sales got "rewarded" with the new commission structure. A search for their affiliate program results in http://ww w.gdiapers.com/fair-dinkum/affiliate-program which has a notice that they are not accepting new affiliates. Also, could not find the program on SAS with a search.

Sounds like they have a big cash flow problem, and this is their answer. Pretty poor solution if you ask me.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread