ABW Ambassador
    Merchants Spamming
    I have been getting various emails lately from merchants using my email that I use at Performics. This is from merchants at Performics promoting their side businesses. This is not on and I'm getting very tired of it. I don't see why I have to unsubscribe for their spam lists. The only email I want from Performics is the Orange links & if I need anything else I will get the links online. Here is the latest one (formatting lost with copy & paste):

eAccountableOPM- Affiliate Growth without the Grind!

More and more companies are discovering how maximizing their online marketing through eAccountableOPM's affiliate based programs can increase sales. We understand affiliate marketing and we've got the clients to back it up! Here is our current list of the affiliate programs managed by eAccountableOPM on Performics.

ActiveForever.com
    10.90% CR, $128 AOS, 6% payout. Medical equipment, supplies. Junonia.com
    6.68% CR, $141 AOS, 8% payout. Plus size women's activewear.
    AnnasLinens.com
    1.6% CR, $81 AOS, 8% payout. 265 store chain selling everything for the house. LightingCatalog.com
    2.53% CR, $259 AOS, 7% payout. Brand name indoor/outdoor lighting fixtures.
    BigMansLand.com
    2.27% CR, $88 AOS, 8% payout. Big and Tall Men's Clothing Store. MyFraiche.com
    1.04% CR, $50 AOS, 8% payout. Handmade natural soap products.
    Blindsexpress.com
    6.38% CR, $722 AOS, 4% payout. Brand Name window coverings MyNursingUniforms
    5.8% CR, $74 AOS, 8% payout. Brand name nursing scrubs.
    CanvasOnDemand.com
    11.98% CR, $164 AOS, 10% payout. Digital images converted into canvas artwork. SnapTotes
    9.5% CR, $94 AOS, 12% payout. Image into a personalized handbags.
    eFaucets.com
    4.43% CR, $609 AOS, 5% payout. Brand name kitchen and bath faucets and fixtures. TheHipChick.com
    $316 AOS, 8% payout. Find the latest stylish designer fashions.
    ExecutiveGiftShoppe.com
    13% CR, $74 AOS, 12% payout. Gifts for men and groomsmen.
    greatBigcanvas.com
    3.26% CR, $307 AOS, 10% payout. Large scale images on canvas

Coming soon:

Watchco.com
    The Watch Experts Since 1993

Sizzix.com (Performics)
    Scrapbooking: Creative Keepsakes magazine Readers' Choice Awards winner 7th straight year.

For more information or to get exclusive coupons, contact:

Durk Price, durkp@eaccountable.com, 970-328-4260
    Stephanie Sorrels, stephanie@eaccountable.com, 512-288-2899

eAccountableOPM- Affiliate Growth without the Grind!
    info@eaccountableOPM.com, 972-743-1790

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe
    eAccountableOPM
    P. O. Box 3730
    Eagle, Colorado 81631

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

hmmmm..
    that's the same OPM I had to complain to AvantLink about. The first few I responded to and asked them not to send more spam but it continued. After a note to Gary they quit. Maybe Jamie can do the same for you?

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I got that email too and I was annoyed that I somehow ended up on their list that I never subscribed to as it wasn't sent through the Performics system. How'd they get my email?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If you are an affiliate of any of the programs that Durk manages on PFX then he can email you.

Yes Durk can email me, especially when I have a question about a program, but that doesn't mean I was expecting to be put on some sort of Vertical Response mailing list regarding other programs.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

When you are opted in to receive communications from non-joined advertisers, your email address will be made visible to non-joined Advertisers for recruitment purposes.

- Login>Setup>Communication Preferences>Non-Joined Advertiser Opportunities

In addition, you can also opt in/ opt out of promotional messages from your joined advertiser in the same setup area. Please ensure your communication settings are correct.

If you are approved in an OPM program for one advertiser, they can contact you regarding other programs they manage in the network. However, it is still your choice and we will contact them advising not to contact affiliates with recruitment messages who have not opted in and who do not want to be recruited for other programs.

Thank you,

Jamie

We will contact the OPM and remind them to

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    If you are an affiliate of any of the programs that Durk manages on PFX then he can email you.
    Actually Chuck, I also got one from you and replied back last week asking what the deal is on the spam and you never replied back.

Here is that email (without formatting) the links also linked to another website and not Performics like this: http://www.elabs7.com/c.html?rtr=on&...c0x6,7i3r,l73e

:

Dear Affiliate,

Offer your visitors the Lipozene Summer Slim Down Trial Offer where they can buy one and get the second bottle absolutely FREE! This is a limited time offer so get our highest converting links and banners on your site today!

CLICK HERE to apply to Lipozene and start earning commission today!

Your Customers Will Like:

Clinically Proven Results
    Reducing their Weight
    That It's Safe & Effective

You Will Like:

$10 commissions on EVERY qualified transaction
    High conversion rate of 10%
    Backed by a national infomercial media buy

CLICK HERE to apply to Lipozene and start earning commission today!

Regards,

Chuck Hamrick
    Affiliate Manager
    affiliateCREW, Inc.
    chamrick@affiliatecrew.com
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleClick Performics Moderator
    Hello,

ok thanks, will login now & unsubscribe....

Yes, it looks like you are in one of our PFX programs. We have a license with Email Labs that we use to email affiliates.

Would you like to be removed from all of our programs so you do not receive our emails and newsletters?

ABW Ambassador
    Hello,

When you are opted in to receive communications from non-joined advertisers, your email address will be made visible to non-joined Advertisers for recruitment purposes.

In addition, you can also opt in/ opt out of promotional messages from your joined advertiser in the same setup area. Please ensure your communication settings are correct.

If you are approved in an OPM program for one advertiser, they can contact you regarding other programs they manage in the network. However, it is still your choice and we will contact them advising not to contact affiliates with recruitment messages who have not opted in and who do not want to be recruited for other programs.

Thank you,

Jamie

We will contact the OPM and remind them to

I just logged into my account and this is what I found:

Performics Network Communications (Ticked as I want to get the Perfomics Monthly Newsletter)
    Examples include the DoubleClick Performics Monthly Newsletter, New Advertiser Alerts and other marketing communications intended to assist your growth in our network.

Non-Joined Advertiser Opportunities (Unticked)
    Invitations directly from Advertisers looking to establish new affiliate relationships. Your email address will be made visible to non-joined Advertisers.
    Note: This only relates to direct contact from non-joined Advertisers. Because of your membership in our network, DoubleClick Performics may still contact you with select Advertiser Opportunities.

Joined Advertiser Communications ( No Tick Box?)
    Examples include new affiliate/consumer promotions, weekly newsletters and exclusive offers from your joined Advertisers listed below.

So I'm only joined to the first one which means I should be only getting a monthly newsletter. I don't really want to know about "New Advertiser Alerts" and especially " other marketing communications" because that could be anything! Maybe the Montly Newsletter could be completly seperate so we don't have to get all the other stuff.

So the emails I got seem to be from the "Non-Joined Advertiser Opportunities" but that was not ticked?

Why does the "Joined Advertiser Communications" option not have a Tick Box?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, it looks like you are in one of our PFX programs. We have a license with email Labs that we use to email affiliates.

Would you like to be removed from all of our programs so you do not receive our emails and newsletters?
    So is that your solution, to dump me from your programs?

No one is dumping you from any programs. I am asking you as to why you are in my program(s) if you don't want to receive my emails?

One of the biggest frustrations of affiliate management is communication. We spend hours putting together information for affiliates, emailing affiliates. Most affiliate don't want to talk on the phone but I make the offer. I include at least 6 ways to contact me.

so I ask the question, why do you want to be in my programs if you do not want to be contacted?

ABW Ambassador
    so I ask the question, why do you want to be in my programs if you do not want to be contacted?
    Well for a start as far as comunications go then you should have replied to my email last week but you ingored that when I questioned you over how you got my email address and the reason for the email but you quickly came here to make a reply?.

No one is dumping you from any programs.
    you offered that as a solution when you said :

So to be in your programs I have to accept offers of spam? if that is the deal I don't want to be in your programs. If you want to send me links and information about your company that is fair enough but this is not what this is about.

I will just add that, no I really don't need emails form you. If I want links I will log into Performics and get the appropiate links I require for the site I'm working on and the specific link type I need. I don't just coply & paste links from emails because an affilate manager sent it to me. If they are promotions then they should be in the OrangeLinks. The only emails I personaly want are Orangelinks, Performics Monthly newsletters & to be notified if a merchant has been expired.

ABW Ambassador
    So I answered your question Chuck but I'm still waiting for your reply. Are you just going to ignore me now like you did with the email?

I didn't respond to your email as I did not get it. I do not have your email address which I need to search my AppRiver account to see if it got caught in my spam filter. If you want to remail your email to me my email address is chamrick@affiliatecrew.com.

If you consider my program emails as spam then you are better off leaving. We email 2-3 times per month to keep affiliates informed about coupons, promos, contests and new program launches. My job is to recruit and activate affiliates for the programs I promote.

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck, I have now turned off ALL emails at Performics which means I won't get their newsletters although I'm not too worried about that since I don't have time to read them lately. So I should not be receiving any emails from Performics merchants unless I have made arrangements with top converting merchants to get the emails like I do at other networks. I would suggest you stick with the Performics email format in the future instead of using a 3rd party software or company with strange links so I don't confuse it as spam and you should also have arrangements in place with the affiliate to regularly send them offers to join other programs etc.

glinted, I appreciate your follow through on this. We are on their AffiliateDirect platform which does not have the capability to email affiliates through the system. So we are left with emailing them directly. We use a 3rd party system which is CanSPAM compliant.

Based on the information you have provided I look into the system and see that there is information on Opt-in.

# Yes - The publisher has agreed (opted-in) to receive promotional emails from the advertiser.
    # No - The publisher does not agree (opt-out) to receive promotional emails from the advertiser. Advertisers can send administrative emails to all publishers.
    This is an over sight on our part and we will change the way we communicate with PFX affiliates to not send promotional emails to Opt-out affiliates. Sorry for the frustration and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

However, it is still your choice and we will contact them advising not to contact affiliates with recruitment messages who have not opted in and who do not want to be recruited for other programs.
    Thank you. That's all I want- a choice.

I have no problem with OPM's with separate newsletters when they first send an opt-in email. I've never had a problem with that. However eAccountableOPM did not ask me if I wanted to opt-in and just automatically put me on their "general" list.

ABW Ambassador
    ok I'm glad these email issues are now been sorted out, thanks!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I just logged into my account and this is what I found:

Joined Advertiser Communications ( No Tick Box?)
    Examples include new affiliate/consumer promotions, weekly newsletters and exclusive offers from your joined Advertisers listed below.

So I'm only joined to the first one which means I should be only getting a monthly newsletter. I don't really want to know about "New Advertiser Alerts" and especially " other marketing communications" because that could be anything! Maybe the Montly Newsletter could be completly seperate so we don't have to get all the other stuff.

So the emails I got seem to be from the "Non-Joined Advertiser Opportunities" but that was not ticked?

Why does the "Joined Advertiser Communications" option not have a Tick Box?
    You have to expand the list of advertisers and subscribe/unsubscribe to each individually. There should be a plus sign below the "Joined Advertiser Communications" that will expand to display the list of your joined advertisers.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread