IBSDirect Datafeed Please
    The last modified date for the IBS feed is now 6/18/2008 when viewed via ftp but it is still without categories as described here . Does GoldenCan get a better feed with categories and do I just need to give up on using the feed the way I have been doing?

Yes indeed, bumpaw, it will be wonderful if IBS ever does indeed get their datafeed together.

On a related note, I created a GoldenCan store from that IBS feed -- and the GC code messes up in my WordPress install. So, no really good way to use the IBS datafeed. Oh, well, they have a 300+ item df in PopShops, with no categories. That's about the best we'll get from IBS, I'm starting to believe. Sorry if I sound cynical about this. I made some nice sales via the IBS df -- long, long ago. *sigh*
    Generate more fake news.

Gary, I know this feed has been your foe for a long time now but I'm just curious if the descriptions show up properly at PopShops. Without all the added characters?

Quote Originally Posted by bettylou
    Gary, I know this feed has been your foe for a long time now but I'm just curious if the descriptions show up properly at PopShops. Without all the added characters?
    Actually, they seem to have cleaned up the descriptions pretty well in the PopShops feed. I use a 3x3 PopShops display at the bottom of each blog post on one of my blogs, and the description limit is set to 200 characters. In the products displayed there, the descriptions look free of the strange characters. However, some of the product titles still have the words "in" and "quantities," or whatever run together, i.e., "Inquantities."
    Generate more fake news.

At least in PopShops you can edit titles and descriptions if you take the time to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    At least in PopShops you can edit titles and descriptions if you take the time to do that.
    Excellent point. I had actually forgotten about that feature.

I've repeatedly posted about the bad GoldenCAN code problem I'm having in WordPress -- with IBS and another GC datafeed, too -- and gotten no response from GoldenCAN's forum on that one, so maybe I'll deinstall the GC script on this particular blog and tack something together with PopShops.

Ah, such fun.

But -- if we could just get some decent IBS categories, it'd be really helpful.
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Excellent point. I had actually forgotten about that feature.

I've repeatedly posted about the bad GoldenCAN code problem I'm having in WordPress -- with IBS and another GC datafeed, too -- and gotten no response from GoldenCAN's forum on that one, so maybe I'll deinstall the GC script on this particular blog and tack something together with PopShops.

Ah, such fun.

But -- if we could just get some decent IBS categories, it'd be really helpful.
    Gary et all,

The IBS-STL merger has caused some difficulties creating the feed, IBS is going from several hundred items to well over 50K very soon. The transition has been rocky, lots to do but it is coming along. I will speak to Dennis again to see if we can add better defined categories to the feed.

We appreciate your patience as we grow the product base and morph the current IBS to the new IBS-STL affiliate program...

Thanks again,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

The last time I was able to use the feed to update my site was in May 2008. I just checked and it still needs categories. I feel like the patience of Job is required on this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    The last time I was able to use the feed to update my site was in May 2008. I just checked and it still needs categories. I feel like the patience of Job is required on this.
    John, I think you and I, AND Job sort of need to just give up.

The only good news I've seen about the IBS datafeed is that they seem to have cleaned up some of the descriptions from the oddballed characters and strange capitalization that used to be in it -- at least in Popshops.

The only way I've been able to use the IBS feed in the last year or more has been just random displays using Popshops in one of my blogs.

Shame we can't get a really good merchant for Bibles that also has a good df.
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    John/Gary,

Have you thought of writing your own script to create the categories? I feel the same as you about the feed but it only took a few hours to write a script that suited my sites' requirements...

Best of luck!
    Dave

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    John, Gary and Dave ...

I understand your frustration and trust me, IBS has been doing all that it can in working with the limitations it has faced.

The new site deployment has been delayed much longer than it was originally expected, the merging of the product database was affected as well, it's been a rough year for the IBS folks since the merger of the two companies.

We do have a tentative date for the new website, it should be rolled out on 12/22 and followong we should have a new database of all the skus, properly catagorized and ready for affiliate use.

I thank you for your patience on this issue, it's been a tough one for them to get their hands around.

Thanks,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread