Error 400: bad site code
    What's the deal here? Why is it that every link I click on (for testing purposes - this is a must) results in a "Error 400: bad site code" error?

Testing reveals that the following url data is causing this:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=[SiteID]&subid=1&offerid=63383.1&type=10&tmpid=469&RD_PARM1=[Merchant_Product_Url]

Now, if I were to use just the Merchant_Product_Url portion of the link, I go straight to the product as expected. But if I include everything before it, the error shows. To be sure that's the problem, I omitted the Merchant_Product_Url portion and sent the rest, and, still, the error shows.

Could someone tell me what's happening? Is LinkShare at fault with bad tracking or something, or is the merchant giving me bad links?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Is this happening for all of your Linkshare links or just for Linkshare product links? I don't have an product links, but all of my Linkshare links are working fine.

@Snowman

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, it's just for product links. I've contacted the merchant whose datafeed I'm using to see if the problem is on their end (they're giving me bad links). Unfortunately, they have yet to reply.

Hello? Is there a LinkShare program manager available to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Dastic
    What's the deal here? Why is it that every link I click on (for testing purposes - this is a must) results in a "Error 400: bad site code" error?

Testing reveals that the following url data is causing this:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=[SiteID]&subid=1&offerid=63383.1&type=10&tmpid=469&RD_PARM1=[Merchant_Product_Url]

Now, if I were to use just the Merchant_Product_Url portion of the link, I go straight to the product as expected. But if I include everything before it, the error shows. To be sure that's the problem, I omitted the Merchant_Product_Url portion and sent the rest, and, still, the error shows.

Could someone tell me what's happening? Is LinkShare at fault with bad tracking or something, or is the merchant giving me bad links?

Thanks
    I had a similar problem a few months ago. Later I discovered that I had deactivated my site in the old interface.

I think the SiteID is the same between the old and the new interface ( I have not confirmed this) , but it is easy to verify.

Also some merchants don't allow the above.

The best way to reach out to LS is their contact page , once you get an email look for an address that begins with r2 in that email , and write to that address.

@25trees

Thanks for the tip.

Drats! Even after checking the links for the correct site ID, they still don't work

I think I've found the problem.

Over at this thread I learned that my LinkShare ID is to be encoded in the affiliate links. I'm not getting that at all.

So, after using LinkShare's Merchandiser Query Tool, I captured my coded affiliate ID and used that with one of the bad links. Voila! It work! Well... at least I go to the product's detail page and not get the "Error 400: Bad site code" message.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread