Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Does anyone here use AvidHosting for there webhosting?? My site's been down for 5 hours and I can't raise them on the phone or connect to their site? They are in Illinois - I am climbing the wall.......

Abigail

oh boy.....

linda.....................

I use oneononeinternet.com and am down too.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Connie, where's your host located?

Abigail

im going to guess that all these sites are somehow connected to alabanza

i did mention this before and why is was NOT a good idea to be using them

connie, email me, i can get your sites back up ASAP if you have a back up copy. im assuming your domain email is down as well....

My host is out east. In Massachusetts.
    Thanks Anyways Big Top..
    We should be up with rackspace by tomorrow anyways.

Connie Berg

BigTop,

What, what - did these guys all take a hike or what's going on - do I have to move everything and right away - what do you mean?

Abigail

abigail, i PMd you

im not saying they took a hike, what im saying is that these two companies apparently are both attached to alabanza.com, who is down as well....

alabanza is a company that allows "hosts" to buy hosting accounts. alabanza does all the billing and "customer service" therefore the company that you think is your "host" in most cases is doing little more than signing you up to an alabanza account

I can't find a connection between alabanza and avidhosting - I signed through cinerhost.

Abigail

oh, there is definitely a connection.

ive already done quite a bit of investigating into that company.

at that time i found that avidhosting is buying their hosting accounts thru alabanza. several people here are aware of that.

i have PMd you, since i dont really want to get into the specifics here in this forum

AVIDHOSTING.COM

Website Title: : : : AVID Hosting : : :
    Server Type: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3 Reverse IP: Web server hosts 10 websites IP Address: 208.56.51.197 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: United States - Maryland - Baltimore - Alabanza Inc

then youve got the other guy....

ONEONONEINTERNET.COM

Website Title: One on One Internet Web Hosting
    Server Type: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.2.3
    Reverse IP: Web server hosts 66 websites IP Address: 64.176.49.48 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: United States - California - Redlands - Alabanza Inc

then there is connie

FLAMINGOWORLD.COM

FlamingoWorld.com
    Reverse IP: Web server hosts 6 websites

and then there is that cinerhost you mentioned

CINERHOST.COM

Website Title: CinerHost.com - Web Hosting Services
    Reverse IP: Web server hosts 2 websites
    IP Address: 208.56.185.251 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)

[This message was edited by BigTop on September 17, 2003 at 11:48 PM.]

I got your email - just started to read it and my computer started screaming - husband is breaking into it as I write this on my backup system - what a night!! I'll give it a good read and get back at you.

Abigail

I just want to say, before anyone makes any remarks about me also being a host, that this has nothing to do with that!

Its just that I do check out companies and when I have a gut feeling about someone, I usually end up being correct. In this case, it is very unfortunate.

five hours is an eternity!

Being without your website and your emails is about the worst feeling in the world. Especially when your income depends on it.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Alabanza is one of the top resellers and Avid Hosting, plus many of the other large hosting companies resell their services.

I saw this on another forum - BUT am not sure it's true:

"There was a small fire on the 3rd floor of the NOC and the FD wanted to shut everything down to be sure. I hear things should be back up shortly. No servers were affected. Fire was not in alabanza's space."

"I found out from sources inside the belly of the beast itself. Only thing I know so far is that there was some type of fire - described to me as "small". I asked about ups's, redundancies and all that and was only told that the FD wanted to make sure all electricity was off in the building and im sure that would affect all the incoming lines anyway which the ups's are not really designed to handle."

Again, I can't verify that what this guy said is correct.

http://www.resellerconnection.com/interviews/alabanza/ says:

"Alabanza is often referred to as "the web host's web host." An innovator in web hosting automation, and arguably the market leader in web hosting reseller solutions, Alabanza's 500+ clients host more than a quarter of a million websites using the company's powerful hosting automation software."

Alabanza is a BIG company that has been around for many years. I am not defending them and don't know them personally, I'm just saying that I doubt they went under and ANY host, even top companies can go down for short periods.

Try not to panic and just hang in for a little bit. I know it's scary when your site is down. I have been there too. But I have also tried jumping hosts which is no picnic either. Just hang in until tomorrow and then there should be news or it will be back up.

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    <FONT COLOR=red size="1">EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!
    </font>

5 hours is practically unheard of...

yes you are right, it is all about automation. not customer service. no one can reach anyone at any of these companies. why is that?

none of those companies are even in the same city so that does not account for their lack of cusomer service at a time like that.

and what about all those claims about their generators and UPS and stuff? nothing can bring those websites down. i do recall that avid claimed to have 100% uptime. absolutely RIDICULOUS! no one has 100% up time

time to take off those rose colored glasses and get some new specs

what alabanza does is take people who know absoluitely nothing about the business and automates everything for them. the hosts dont even deal with their clients. furthermore alabanza only sells accounts, not lease equipment.

i told you something like this would happen. but i had no idea it would be to this degree.

telling people to relax when their businesses are on the line is not quite a reasonable thing to expect at a time like this

and how would all this account for their servers in redlands california being down??

avids site says

Best Value for your money.
    - Try us for one month, cancel at any time, money back guaranteed.
    - 24/7/365 Technical Support.
    - Fastest possible internet connection speed.
    - Three redundant connections, Qwest, GTE, and GlobalCenter.
    - Highest reliability.
    - Over 99.9% uptime guaranteed.
    - Instant account activation.
    - Simple and convenient Control Panel.

OK - my bank site is down, too - that is interesting, to say the least. What is NOC?

Abigail

Hi my sites are down too they are hosted by oneworldhosting.com I am in Australia and at 9a.m. they went off, it is now 3p.m. and still off, and it hurts.

ONEWORLDHOSTING.COM

Website Title: One World Hosting
    Reverse IP: Web server hosts 9 websites IP Address: 216.147.106.230 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
    IP Location: United States - Alabanza Inc

The world seems much smaller tonight, and all of a sudden I don't feel so alone - comfort isn't exactly the word but the sharpness of the anxiety is starting to dull away just knowing there are so many of us together in this.

Abigail

It just sucks. I have never had a night off since starting this business and don't know what to do....

Connie Berg

WOO HOO - we're back in the land of the living!!

Abigail

Well that was short lived...but it must be coming, it must be coming.......it was there I sware to g*d!

Abigail

I hope you are right Abigail because around here we are at the verge of a nervous breakdown, today we were having a really good day in sales, (which usually doesn't happen), till 9a.m. now it will be to go back to the usual $40.00 for each site.

willie50

I know exacccctly what you mean willie. I was having the best day in months - already made the previous day's revenue by noon. All was looking rosy and then it was like the carpet was pulled from under my feet. I know its wasn't my imagination before, I knew I saw what I saw - but in a blink it was gone. I think I am feeling worser and worser, again.

Abigail

Funny how even though I know there is nothing I can do, I can't go to bed til I know it is up!
    Just sitting here constanly refreshing...

Connie Berg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast