Using GoldenCAN PHP in WordPress blog?
    I posted a detailed discussion of a GoldenCAN GetData problem in their forum a couple of days ago, but got no response. I'll try not to duplicate that thread here, but perhaps I should have come here to my fellow bloggers originally.

I'm using WordPress 2.5.1 with the Exec PHP plugin to display PHP scripts in posts and pages. I have NEVER had a problem getting PHP to display this way, and I have the latest update on the plugin.

When I created a GC store for one merchant and tried to put it into a WP page using GC's "GetData 2.0" PHP -- I keep seeing lines of code showing up in the page when viewed in Firefox 3 and IE 7.

Anyone else using GC in WordPress, and if so, are you having problems with some of the code displaying on the page/post?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Generate more fake news.

While not Wordpress savvy, I just encountered similar problem in Joomla (not GC, but inserting PHP code in a CMS).

My problem was solved switching to a plain-html editor (ie. non-wysiwyg) - the editor seemed to cause the problem, even though code appeared exactly the same.

I'm not sure this helps, but it's something to try. For me, it was a breakthrough yesterday, so worth sharing

Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    While not Wordpress savvy, I just encountered similar problem in Joomla (not GC, but inserting PHP code in a CMS).

My problem was solved switching to a plain-html editor (ie. non-wysiwyg) - the editor seemed to cause the problem, even though code appeared exactly the same.

I'm not sure this helps, but it's something to try. For me, it was a breakthrough yesterday, so worth sharing
    Thanks, teezone. I appreciate your sharing that. Glad it worked for you.

Unfortunately, that's not my problem. I never use the wysiwyg editor in WordPress, because I've heard it can cause problems with some coding.

I did go back to the blog, however, and use the GoldenCAN javascript instead of their GetData 2.0 code -- and the javascript works perfectly.

I can only conclude there's something wrong with using their GetData code in WP. Irritating. Just about everytime I try to use GC, there's one thing or another wrong with their code.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.
    Generate more fake news.

hi Writerguy and Teezone,

I read your entries here with great interest. I became a member of goldencan a while back but never actually implemented it. What is your overall experience with it in terms of subsequent revenue and SERPs or you have to promote exclusively with ppc?

Would appreciate your responses.

thanks.

Your sites will come up in search results. You don't have to use ppc.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

hello all,

thanks for reply Burgerboy.

I have one more questions. I searched this and another forum about user experience with Goldencan. I could not find any data. Most of them states that it is easier to implement store with goldencan however none of the reply stated about revenue after implementing goldencan.

I would like to know any success story regarding goldencan use. The only positive thing I found was in Asif's post where he has mentioned that few affiliates had close to 50k sales in few months after implementing goldencan however I do not find any user testimonials in forums. I did find user testimonials on goldencan site but not on independent forums.

I would like to know your experiences. Is it worth to go all along with goldencan or not?

I would appreciate all your input.

thanks..

domain7

I think you may be missing one key element of thought in your question. It it my understanding that it is not the tools themselves that will be directly related to the the revenue results but rather, the application of the tool.

To go a bit farther... I don't think any one way is right or wrong for any one person either. I believe applying the right combination of techniques and finding what works for you is the answer to achieving results.

These tools are out there, anyone can get them and yet very few have been able to create excessive success. There is a reason for that... if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Keep in mind, there is a difference between simple and easy.

I realize this is likely not the answer you wanted, but just my humble opinion.

hi Wildambitions,

I am not missing key element. I completely agree that any tool is worth lot more when it is rightly applied, however I would like to see some success story in this forum or another forum where with right applications people have found success with this tool. When I search for results regarding goldencan datafeed, all I see that people are finding it easier to integrate but I could not find any post where after integration and application people actually found a success.

So that is the main point, I am trying to find out. Even if it is tough to implement I would like to know if somebody had success after that tough implementation.

I hope you understand what I am trying to convey.

thanks

So you are just looking for ANYONE that has used this particular tool, either alone or combined with any other tools that has had some measurable success?

My guess is that you will find some success stories but they will unlikely be from using just any one tool. Maybe I am way off, I don't know. I have not been able to have any measurable success thus far either, hence the reason I am here searching for answers too.

Hope you find yours.

ABW Ambassador
    I have to check this out. Never used php before I started with wordpress but now looks like I can do more things.

Any updates by goldencan user in terms of how it is generating sales and commissions for you? So far no sale for me on one site.

GC has never generated any sales for me. I quit using it a long time ago.

thanks Burgerboy.

I think that GC probably is not helpful on its own, unless you add some spice to it. I have been searching the web about GC related success, everybody talks about how easier it is to implement but not too many speaks about actual increase in income.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    GC has never generated any sales for me. I quit using it a long time ago.
    Burger Boy, I'm a bit confused... in November 09 You said:

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Your sites will come up in search results. You don't have to use ppc.
    Can you clarify what you mean? The two statements seem contradictory to me. Maybe I'm misundertanding one or the other?

The GC pages were indexed by the SEs and would come up in search results but I never got a sale from them so I got rid of the GC pages and quit using CG.

My pages that didn't use GC produced sales.

What's hard to understand about that?

I didn't mean to offend. Thanks for the explanation. I just looked at your site and It's much different than my own. Clearly you have some other feed system in place that works for you. Thanks.

One is tapping the Amazon datafeed their site is build from.

The other one is the automatic dynamic web service from AvantLink and its free to use. You can produce one for each merchant that they have and they have a bunch of merchants. http://www.avantlink.com/

Do you get Search engine results with those feeds as well, Or, do you use them because they have better conversion rate. (of course conversion rate is more important.)

All my sales come from SE results from organic search.

The pages rank good in SEs because the sites automatically update every day and SEs like fresh and updated sites and pages.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; February 9th, 2010 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks for answering my questions!

domain7, you've completely derailed this thread begun by writerguy who had a problem displaying GC PHP code in his WP blog. Hopefully, a moderator will split it off.

You're new to this forum and I'm guessing, to forums in general. If you have a question that's not related to the main topic of a thread, it's considered polite to start your own thread/topic discussion.

Writerguy is still seeking an answer!!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Writerguy is still seeking an answer!!
    Hope he found since his OP was nearly 2 years ago.

Matter of fact, Writerguy decided GoldenCan wasn't that useful. So I no longer have it on my WP blogs.

The problem was, when I finally got the code to look right, clicking on any of the pagination links caused every click to go to the index.php of my WP install. In other words, people could click on the merchant links and they would go through as they were supposed to and take the "clickee" to the merchant's site.

But, due to something in the pagination code for GC, clicking on the pagination links at the bottom of the GC code would not go to the next page of products -- just go to the index.php of my WP site where the GC code was being displayed.

Anyway. John's right, this was an old thread that had been resurrected.
    Generate more fake news.

Ack! ! Hmmmm....must remember to do better analysis before I post, lol!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Talking
    That's ok. I've never made a misteak. I thought I did once but I was wrong.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread