Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GetData and WordPress
    Okay, this is related to a thread I started a couple of days ago.

Anybody from GoldenCAN reading and able to respond??

I just discovered that GetData PHP from GC won't work in WordPress 2.5.1. I have the exec PHP plugin for WordPress installed and every other PHP script I've ever tried will run just fine in a WP post or page using this plugin.

But I've tried to run GetData PHP code from GC in 3 different blogs, and it ALWAYS messes up, displaying parts of the code in the browser.

It does seem to work better if I do NOT include a search box, but with or without a search box, GetData PHP from GC won't display correctly.

If this has been addressed before, I've been unable to find it here using the ABW "search."

What in the world is "GetData" PHP code anyway, and why does it not work properly where other PHP code will??

I have multiple WP blogs running version 2.5.1 and the exec PHP plugin that will ALWAYS display PopShops code properly, but not GC GetData.

If I run the same GC store code as javascript it works just fine.

Any way to resolve this issue? I really do like a couple of the GC datafeeds, but would definitely prefer PHP that's spiderable to javascript.

Can anyone understand this issue and address it? Please?

I run all my sites on a VPS account and the webhost I have would be happy to help me modify my VPS installation by adding whatever I need to my PHP installation to run GetData, I'm sure, if there's a way to deal with this??

It has been my experience here that it's very, VERY difficult to get a response with any sort of resolution on this forum from GC, but I really hope this won't be the case this time.

Thanks for any response and/or assistance.
    Generate more fake news.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    It has been my experience here that it's very, VERY difficult to get a response with any sort of resolution on this forum from GC, but I really hope this won't be the case this time.
    We have a dedicated team monitoring the user tasks submitted on the GoldenCAN contact form and we also monitor the ABW forum regularly.

According to our records and monitoring system the GoldenCAN code is working fine. If you are having problem with GoldenCAN display on a certain version of the word press or any other blog and you want GoldenCAN team to look at the issue, please submit the URL of the webpage in question using the GoldenCAN contact form, someone will get back to you ASAP and work with you to resolve the issue you are having.

We need to know the URL of actual page so we can see the exact problem you are seeing.

http://www.goldencan.com/contact.aspx

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem, GetData PHP from GC won't work in WordPress, I tried it in WP 2.3.3 and WP 2.6

I emailed GoldenCan support a 1/2 dozen times and they said to use the WP plugin Exec-PHP so I did, now If I click on a link it goes to my home page.

GoldenCan dosen't know why and they said they will give it to there advanced support.

The javascript works perfect ..the GetData PHP when you click on a link it goes to my home page and I don't know why it does that...You can see it here:
    http://www.watchesknowledge.com/

If anyone knows if there is a fix for it I would really appreciate it,
    Thank You,
    Rick

Thumbs down
    I want to thank everybody for your wonderful help and of course GoldenCan support help

I found the problem I was having. On my WP site the code only works on the home page.

Rick

Rick, I feel your pain. I, too, found the javascript works, but GetData just won't work properly. For me it seems to show part of the code in the blog.

I, too, tried the exec-php plugin. In fact, I've run PHP code in posts and pages with that extension with no problem -- except when I try to use GoldenCan's GetData PHP Code.

In some post somewhere around here, GC even suggested a line of code to change near the end of the GetData PHP Code before putting it into WP. Tried that, made no difference whatsoever.

I almost never use GC anymore, because many of my sites run on WP. Don't know why GC can't get it figured out, as their GetData PHP (whatever that is??) seems to be the ONLY PHP that messes up in WP. So, I simply try to use as many PopShops merchants as I can -- though there are one or two cases where GC, if it would really work, would look better with my layout than PopShops.

Ah, well. Can't win 'em all.
    Generate more fake news.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Rick, I feel your pain. I, too, found the javascript works, but GetData just won't work properly. For me it seems to show part of the code in the blog.

I, too, tried the exec-php plugin. In fact, I've run PHP code in posts and pages with that extension with no problem -- except when I try to use GoldenCan's GetData PHP Code.

In some post somewhere around here, GC even suggested a line of code to change near the end of the GetData PHP Code before putting it into WP. Tried that, made no difference whatsoever.
    Witerguy,
    I have tested myself that solution works.

Code:
    remove_filter('the_content', 'wpautop');
    It it does not work for your particular version of word press blog, please give us some more detail about your environment and we can have our team find the solution for you.

We can only find the solution of any problem if we are able to duplicate the problem. when i made the post about the solution of remove_filter('the_content', 'wpautop'); you never replied after that so i thought it is working for you.

If you are only going to talk about the problems and not let us help you we will not be able to resolve any issue for you which you might be having with GoldenCAN.

We have thousands of users using the GetData PHP code on their blogs without problem and if we do recieve any emails from someone with a particular issue on their blog, our dedicated developement team works on the solution until it is resolved. Saying that GoldenCAN code will not work on a certain blog is not an option for us.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick150
    I want to thank everybody for your wonderful help and of course GoldenCan support help

I found the problem I was having. On my WP site the code only works on the home page.

Rick
    I am sorry that you feel about GoldenCAN support that way. according to my information the support team is still working with you on the issue and replying to your emails.

This is the last email I got from GoldenCan

-----Original Message----- From: GoldenCAN Support [mailto:support@goldencan.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 12:40 PM To: rickmiles@xxxxxxxx Subject: can't put PHP on WP [#ID 16911] Dear Richard, Thank you for using GoldenCAN. Our development team is looking into the issue. We will get back to you as soon as the issue is solved. Thank you, Ali GoldenCAN Support http://www.GoldenCAN.com ------- Original Message -------- Wednesday, July 16, 2008 Hi, I upgraded to WP 2.6 and the links still don't work on the php code...When I click on a link it goes to my home page.. The Javascript code links work like they are supposed to.. Go to my site ..I put the javascript code and the php code so you can see what I'm talking about. http://www.watchesknowledge.com//
    Still waiting after a week....that is no good
    Rick

Mr. GoldenCan
    This is the last email I got from GoldenCan
    Still waiting after a week....that is no good
    Rick
    Rick I can understand that you wanted to the solution to your problem right away but it can take some time to resolve the issue specially when we have to deal with something first time and we need to understand all the environment and tools u are using, we have to create the same environment and try to diplicate the problem before we can sugest some solution. If Ali did not want to help you resolve the issue you would not have gotten the response as

Our development team is looking into the issue. We will get back to you as soon as the issue is solved.
    Please be patient while we try to resolve the issue for you.

Hi writerguy,

I used GoldenCan for a couple of years and gave up about 2 years ago. I got tired of waiting for the pages to load and I didn't make a dime.

Now I know a little bit more of what I'm doing so I figure I'll give it another try since a lot of programs are free of the 4th click balony.

I have Discount Watches on the post page (home), I don't like that.

I also put Performance Bicycle on my bike WP blog this morning.

I'll probably stick to just Bans since that is where I'm making all my money.

I signed up for PopShops when they first started and I didn't like It, I'll give it another look.

Rick

Rick I can understand that you wanted to the solution to your problem right away but it can take some time to resolve the issue specially when we have to deal with something first time and we need to understand all the environment and tools u are using, we have to create the same environment and try to diplicate the problem before we can sugest some solution. If Ali did not want to help you resolve the issue you would not have gotten the response as
    Sure the tool is WP download WP and try and make a page with your PHP code on it. (not the Home page)

Then click on a link and it will take you to the Home page.

WP has been out there for a good while now.

And please don't tell me you need the version of WP I'm using ..I'll use any version that it works on.

I can't get your PHP code to work on any version.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem.

Thank You,
    Rick

Mr. GoldenCan
    Sure the tool is WP download WP and try and make a page with your PHP code on it. (not the Home page)

Then click on a link and it will take you to the Home page.

WP has been out there for a good while now.

And please don't tell me you need the version of WP I'm using ..I'll use any version that it works on.

I can't get your PHP code to work on any version.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem.

Thank You,
    Rick
    Rick,
    Yes, it depends on the setting you might have with the word press and the version you are using. Some settings are disabled and enabled by default in different versions of the word press. We are looking into the issue you are having. We will email you in response to your request if we need any particular information from you. As I mentioned earlier we have thousands of other users using the PHP in their word press blogs and don’t think I have heard this issue before.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Hi Rick,
    We have found an easy solution for your problem where your categories links is going back to the main page in the word press blog.

In your PHP code, Please replace the following line

Code:
    $PageURL=urlencode($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'].'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);
    With this line
    Code:
    $PageURL=urlencode($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
    We have tested it and it works. Please try it and let me know if this solves the problem for you.

Thumbs up
    Hi Asif,

Thank you for the fix. It's working now.
    I'm adding WP to some of my websites and I'll be using GoldenCan (free clicks) for some of them plus the new one I'll be building.

Thanks again'
    Rick

Thanks for making this work Asif.

very cool
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

What are the chances of a WordPress plugin for Golden Can? I would love something that works that easily. When the plugin is developed, then it can be modified for the new WP versions as they come out.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    What are the chances of a WordPress plugin for Golden Can? I would love something that works that easily. When the plugin is developed, then it can be modified for the new WP versions as they come out.
    Hi Judi,
    Thank you for the suggestion, we will look into it and see what can be done.

Goldencan vs Wordpress
    Anyone got an answer how to solved the problem with getdata php to work with wordpress

I'm using ver 2.51 of wordpress with plugin Exec-php and the plugin works fine for me too but when I Input the getdata php from goldencan all I get is the php cod showing up. I've tried the solution proposed below and nothing works

Sly

Is there a fix to get, GetData PHP to work in WP Version 2.6.2

When I click on a link nothing happens you can look at it Here:
    http://dontstopshopping.com/blog/onl...opping-stores/

Thanks,
    Rick

Thanks,
    Rick
    If I were a cynic, I would answer your question this way: "Yes. The fix is to use Pop****s instead of GetData php."

Of course, I'm not that cynical and wish no ill to the GoldenCAN folks -- just, it's frustrating that there are so many issues trying to use GetData in WordPress.

I actually found a WP plugin that works well using javascript in WP posts, but I don't know whether it'll work using GetData php. I haven't found it to download anywhere except in this thread where loxly posted a copy of it to the forums for download:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ess+javascript

You can find the plugin attached to post #9 of that thread.

As I said, it solved a javascript in WP posts problem that I had just recently, but I do not know whether it's of any value with GoldenCAN GetData.
    Generate more fake news.

Mr. GoldenCan

Thanks,
    Rick
    Hi Rick,
    I had given the solution in my previous post in the same thread. we have tested that solution and it works.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=13

Your categories links are going back to the main page because of URL re-Write in the word press blog. In your PHP code, Please replace the following line

Code:
    $PageURL=urlencode($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'].'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);
    Code:

Mr. GoldenCan
    just, it's frustrating that there are so many issues trying to use GetData in WordPress.
    You said that there are so many issues, may i ask what are those? You had one problem which were resolved and you never replied to my answer letting me know if the issue was resolved or not.

Dear GoldenCan,

Thank you for your swift reply.....
    BUT You should read my post ..hear it is again...
    Is there a fix to get, GetData PHP to work in WP Version 2.6.2 When I click on a link nothing happens you can look at it Here: http://dontstopshopping.com/blog/on...hopping-stores/ Thanks, Rick Reply With Quote
    Again here is the question:
    I did not say that the "categories links are going back to the main page"

Again here Is what I said:
    When I click on a link nothing happens
    Now have you found a fix for that...Why don't you look at my website ..that's why I gave you the address which i don't like to do...and just click on your link

Thank You,
    Rick

Mr. GoldenCan
    Hi Rick,
    I did visited your website and checked the links after clicking on them. If you move the mouse over the links you will see that the GoldenCAN category id was being added in the links but when you click on it nothing was happening. According to our test we found the solution which i had mentioned.

Can you please try to replace the line of code i have mentioned and let me know if i works. If that solution does not work we can try to find the one which works.

I did add those two lines of code about a month or so ago when you first gave them to me.

It was working perfectly yesterday. then last night I upgraded to WP v2.6.2

Now it doesn't work since the upgrade to WP v2.6.2....This is the code I'm using that was working yesterday:

<?php
    $SID="31d12993-aae2-4b3a-bc6b-f1d71eb1ca8d";
    $IPAddress = urlencode($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
    $UserAgent = urlencode($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
    $Host=urlencode($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);
    $URL="http://si.goldencan.com/GetData.aspx?ver=2.0&SID=".$SID;
    $URL=$URL.'&Host='.$Host;
    $URL = $URL.'&PageURL='.$PageURL;
    $URL = $URL.'&IPAddress='.$IPAddress;
    $URL = $URL.'&UserAgent='.$UserAgent;
    include($URL);