Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    More Time Spent With Online Videos - NY Times
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/23/bu...gy&oref=slogin

I know of a handful of people only doing this. Might be good to jump in before it gets too crowded. Not a big leap but still significant.

ABW Ambassador
    How would making YouTube videos make me money?

I upload my videos unto Youtube but have it embedded on my site too. You can make money with Adsense on your youtube video but I have not used it yet. You can embed your url unto your video or use a watermark to get people to visit your site. My petpeeve is that I see people scraping videos a lot and putting it on their site. So as long as I have my url as part of the video, I get my name out there. I guess you can always dissallow embedding. Any videos I do not want copied I place directly on my site using Flash. People like watching videos and it makes your site stickier.

I just started using blip.tv since I hate google
    http://hwg.blip.tv/

note the ad (only uploaded 1 vid to test)

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder if there is a list anywhere, where you have all of the video sites or applications with a breakdown of how you can monetize the videos. You mentioned Adsense, I know YouTube has a partner program, some other video places you can embed links to the side or even over the video itself. I know you can use them to bring traffic to your site and monetize it.

Well there is revver.com blip.tv

Those are the only two I personally know aside from youtube that let you make money off your vids.

Whats good about revver and blip.tv all your videos have an ad, i have noticed with youtube the video always doesn't get an ad.

And with Revver and Blip if people embed it on their site you still make money, although with Revver you share it with the person that embeded the video.

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    Video blogging is going to continue to grow in popularity. The new cameras that have come out make it so easy to upload video to the internet.
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Dina Riccobono[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR=Blue]MarketLeverage Marketing Manager
    Twitter: MarketLeverage / MLDina[/COLOR]

We've been loving the video blogging on our site. Not only using our videos but encouraging our members to make them. What we are hearing over and over is that it can become "addictive." I don't know if it is just the novelty of it or the new way to present your opinions. But for some of us, it is definitely become a big part of our sales.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread