Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PMA in Boston?
    Figured I'd post this here instead of in the Giganto-thread so it wouldn't get lost

Has there been any discussion about getting together to talk about the PMA issue while in Boston for Summit? If not, is anyone interested in setting aside an hour or two to talk in person about it? There's been so much round-and-round about stuff here, it might help to have people in a room to talk.

I'm not saying that the PMA organizers should or should not be invited to hang out - either way is fine with me at this point - but I do think it would be good to have a discussion in Boston.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I get in on Sat, i'd be more than happy to discuss it....plan on getting a big room though ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    It seems there is a meeting of PMA perhaps you could form a meeting at the same time for people who don't plan to attend that conversation?

I think there will be a PMA meeting in the same timeframe as the Boston Affiliate Summit. I'm not sure how organized they will be at that point. I suspect that it'll still be in the process of organizing itself.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Cool, cool. I wasn't aware of anything they'd already planned, so if there's something that's going to be happening that weekend - and if it's open to the "public", so to speak - then there won't be any need for us to organize our own discussion.

I don't suppose we need to finalize anything right this second - if they announce something, we can work off that, if not, we can pick a place to gather (I'm thinking on Sunday). Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Here's what I have on it (extracted from the nomination email):
    A FAB meeting will be held around Affiliate Summit East in August. Attendance is NOT a requirement for eligibility. If a member is not able to attend, minutes will be provided for review. Ratification of proposals will likely be held later via a virtual meeting, when there is time to review proposal and there is full participation by all FAB members.
    I'm not sure if that means it's only for board members, nominees, or what. I suspect that they'll still be organizing at that point.

If the organization is far enough along by then, I would certainly hope that they would have some sort of public presence (a session, a booth, meetings, etc.). I just suspect that it'll be too soon (to be organized) and it's too late (to book stuff at AS). It should definitely happen at the January Summit in Vegas, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Here's what I have on it (extracted from the nomination email):I'm not sure if that means it's only for board members, nominees, or what. I suspect that they'll still be organizing at that point.
    My take on this is that since the FAB will be elected in July, the meeting in Boston will be for the newly elected [11] FAB members and that the nominated FAB will have been disbanded. Of course this is contingent on adherence to the current timeline.

X

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    I am not sure about any other plans they have for getting together, but I was able to make a space for a session about the PMA in Boston.

It will be an open Q&A about the PMA at 1:30 pm on Monday, August 11.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Great, thanks for the info, Shawn. I'm sure there will be a... lively... discussion about it
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins
    Good idea, Shawn. Presumably it'll be better than the Q&moreQ here at ABW.
    --

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins
    Thank you for fitting this Q&A in Shawn!
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Shawn,

Will this be recorded?

Will only Rebbecca be on the panel? If not, then who else (I could assume but since they all have feigned any association I prefer to ask).
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Shawn,

Will this be recorded?

Will only Rebbecca be on the panel? If not, then who else (I could assume but since they all have feigned any association I prefer to ask).
    Hi Haiko -

Yes, we'll be recording all of the sessions.

The plan was to have Rebecca available for questions. Nobody else is scheduled to be up there with her, but I'd imagine there will be a bunch of PMA folks in the crowd.

Oh ok, so same of the same story ... not an org yet so no one but the "employee" will answer, Gotcha.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

The formation of the PMA is still pretty preliminary, so there's not a lot to say about it yet (and probably won't be by the Q&A either). The Working Groups are still forming their recommendations which they will present to the FAB a couple days before the Q&A session and probably won't be ratified until the end of the month. The board of directors, membership options, and actual work of the organization won't begin until after that.

I know that all of the FAB and Working Group members have been informed about the Q&A session and encouraged to be there, and I suspect that most (if not all) will be. At this point, the Working Group members will be able to provide the most answers, although people will need to realize that very little of it will be official yet.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

So what's the purpose of the session if there isnt' any news? Nor anyone willing to answer any questions? Can't they save the smoke and mirrors for Vegas?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I don't know what news or progress Rebecca will share next week, but this was set up a couple months ago when the PMA was first making noise, and I thought it would be a good opportunity for people to talk as the group was progressing.

Shawn that wasn't aimed at you, I know your were only trying to facilitate ... I guess I was just kvetching out loud in the hopes that some one who is on the working groups would have something to say.

PS. Is there a filibuster clause in the attendee TOS?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I think Shawn found space based on this thread asking if there was going to be anything in Boston about it, just like he found space for the NY Tax issue.

There will definitely be people there willing to provide answers. Just keep in mind that many of those answers aren't firm yet.

Even without having all of the answers, I can see many purposes for the Q&A session:

1. Getting more people aware that the organization is forming.
    2. Getting more people involved in the planning and creation of the organization.
    3. Hearing concerns while we're still in the planning stage so we can make sure the concerns are addressed.
    4. Gauging interest.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Rebecca is capable of responding here, why not send her the link?

Better yet, I will and am asking members to be civil if she responds. Maybe we can get some directions on the conversation. I plan to attend!

ABW Ambassador
    Can someone ask her what article she was talking about when she linked to the paulson management group blog and said it was a great resource for information on the NY tax issue?

Because I mean... I couldn't find it... and without one it just really seemed that was and still is a just a link back to someone who is promoting/working? for her boss at Affiliate Classroom.

Which I am guessing would be considered a rude question, since it points out a pattern of behavior that shows the true roots of the organization and its intent. Yep, rude, rude, rude.

WHY CAN'T I EVER BE PROFESSIONAL!?!?!!??!

Chet

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Shawn that wasn't aimed at you, I know your were only trying to facilitate ... I guess I was just kvetching out loud in the hopes that some one who is on the working groups would have something to say.

PS. Is there a filibuster clause in the attendee TOS?
    I'm on a working group and I've got something to say. I think your continual conspiratorial accusations and insults make most folks lose interest in trying to discuss much of anything with you.

I don't think that's a rude question, Chet, but I think it's out of place and only designed to take a shot at her. If she's going to come here and post about the panel at Summit, that's not a free pass for everyone to jump on her about other PMA issues - according to the rules of this forum, if you want to be technical about it. If she wants to post here about other issues in other threads, she will. Given the hostility she faced here last time around and the fast preemptive strike in this thread, I'm doubtful she'll bother.

I'm not a fan of how the PMA has done things so far, but the reactions by some people here have been just as poor.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I'm on a working group and I've got something to say.
    Well good, you going to sit on the panel so we can direct question to you? That's great. Finally someone besides the poor employee (God I feel sorry for her) is finally going to step forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I think your continual conspiratorial accusations and insults make most folks lose interest in trying to discuss much of anything with you.
    Umm, 1) not one of the theories, as you call them, have been refuted, actually they've all been proven thus far. 2) as for the loosing interest ... oh I'm sorry they want an alliance / association yet people can only ask the convenient or possibly scripted questions ... apparently any real concern doesn't get acknowledged.

The whole PMA crap started because of the NY tax issue - that's what they've been saying everywhere ... here's a question for you Mr. Working Group member who has something to say ... can you please tell me what initiatives they [PMA] have done in regards to the NY tax issue?

Is that too confrontational, will people loose interest in trying to discuss that? Or shall we save that for Boston? So they have some time to actually do something towards that end.

BTW, ChetF isn't rude, nor unprofessional he's real, just as real as the hidden agendas and favors being done. Don't agree with them, fine, but don't expect all to look away and accept it - I ain't nobody's yes man - not accusing anyone of it, but it's once again people are getting lost in how it's fought instead of the reason for the fight. That's even sadder than the crapola comming down the pike.

BTW, I got the same shit said about me in 2001-2002 when I complained about the parasites ... boy I guess I've got alot to learn.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Finally someone besides the poor employee (God I feel sorry for her) is finally going to step forth.
    Yep, we've all been cleverly hiding here at ABW and posting that we are members of the initial working groups.

By the way, there's no gag order, secrecy clause or secret handshake. I think people have been avoiding discussing these things with you because of your behavior towards them. Just my opinion.

Btw, I also hold the opinion that you should be a member, but that's up to you. If someone within the PMA snubbed you, that was wrong. Nobody sent me an engraved invitation - they published that others were nominating folks in a daisy chain fashion, so I asked someone to nominate me, and poof, I was in. Someone asked me to nominate them, and poof, they were in. What we're in for, is volunteer work to help form the structure to let people join - once they join, THEY will decide things - nothing I'm a part of today is set in stone. I think of it like building a tent, so others can have somewhere to come and fill out an application to help build and simultaneously occupy the building that is to come.

And just so it's clear where I stand, if you apply for membership once the application process is open, and they deny you for any reason other than non-payment, I'm done with the PMA.

Umm, 1) not one of the theories, as you call them, have been refuted, actually they've all been proven thus far. 2) as for the loosing interest ... oh I'm sorry they want an alliance / association yet people can only ask the convenient or possibly scripted questions ... apparently any real concern doesn't get acknowledged.
    Right, you have questions. They announce a Q&A session to address questions. And you bad mouth them. That makes sense.

The whole PMA crap started because of the NY tax issue - that's what they've been saying everywhere ... here's a question for you Mr. Working Group member who has something to say ... can you please tell me what initiatives they [PMA] have done in regards to the NY tax issue?
    As far as I know, they've done absolutely nothing at all so far on this issue. The plan is to be a member driven organization, and they haven't opened the doors for membership application yet. So how does a membership driven organization react to issues before they have members, they reasonably speed towards completion of their formation. As for me, I'm happy with their rate of progress, the parts I can see from my perspective anyhow.

Is that too confrontational, will people loose interest in trying to discuss that? Or shall we save that for Boston? So they have some time to actually do something towards that end.
    If you mean will the PMA announce NY Tax intiatives in Boston, I doubt they'll be ready for that, though they may have others working on things I'm not aware of, I'm doing my small part, and it is indeed small.

BTW, I got the same shit said about me in 2001-2002 when I complained about the parasites ... boy I guess I've got alot to learn.
    I hope you do learn that treating your long term supporters and fans, as you have been, does have limits. Each person has their own personal limits and reactions to it. Some shut up, some get a little quiet or skiddish, some leave, some call you on your behavior. If you see that happening around you, no matter who you are, it might be time to reorganize and reindex your good-guys / bad-guys filing system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast