Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bad News
    So, I got word last night from my sister that my mother's cancer is now considered end stage. The initial chemo stopped working a while ago. The new chemo regimen is not working. They have reason to believe anything else will work any better. They believe it has spread but is just too small to see on the scans yet. Time is limited.

This sucks.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

http and a telephoto
    Yes it does suck. I just found out a former client also has end stage rare cancer... cancer is relentless.

Wishes and thoughts for a smooth passage and for you to enjoy her as much as you can while she is still here.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I hear you. My dad's situation is similar. It does, indeed, suck.

But I'm grateful for the time he has had. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in 1995 and we were told that if the treatment didn't work he had six months. Fortunately the treatment did work and he's had nearly 13 years, mostly good ones.

Still, it's hard. I keep telling him to pull another miracle out of his ass and he just laughs at me. I can be an awful stupe sometimes.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    John, I am very sorry for you and your family.. easier said than done, but try and stay strong.

That just took my breath away a little. I cannot imagine.

Just know that you have a community of people here that are sending good thoughts.

Sheri

I'm sorry to hear that. Enjoy as much time with her as you can.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Tax Paying Member
    My thoughts are with you all.

I have experience also.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Very sad news indeed. Make the time to do what you can with her while you can. It's something you will look back at fondly in the coming years.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I'll be thinking of you, John.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I'm terribly sorry for you and your family, you all will be in my prayers.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Online Marketing Consultant
    Sorry to hear that,,,,,you have your ABW family here if you need us.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Hey John. Sorry to hear the terrible news. I know it has to be a hard thing to handle. I hope you will have some good moments with her in her final days.

-sfcom

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    John, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Sending strong, positive vibes and big ol' HUGS
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I'm sorry to hear about your Mother's cancer.
    Your family will be in my prayers.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Very hard news to hear. I hope you will be able to have some good comforting time with her.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Thinking of and praying for you and your family.

Like Adam said, your ABW family is here for you.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    John, I lost my mother to cancer two springs ago. It came on quick and I trusted her saying not to rush out as I was several states away. I was able to be with her before she expired. Please spend as much time with your mother as you can. You and your mother are definitely in my prayers.

I'm so sorry. You're right, it sucks. My Mother died of cancer about 14 years ago. You'll be in our thoughts and we're sending good energy your way.

I read something about cancer just this morning. Elizabeth Edwards told a magazine interviewer that her cancer support group taught her to live each day so you could stop at the end of the day, say "Thank you" and ask for another one just like it again tomorrow.

Thoughts and prayers are with your mom, you and rest of family. Lots of experience with it so if you need to talk feel free.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I hope she'll get all the care and family time to make this stage as peaceful and comfortable as possible.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I guess the good thing is that it is too small to see right now on the scans so you and your family can spend time with her or at least say your goodbyes.

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    John, you and your mother are truly in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for the diagnosis and I hope that every moment you spend with her is full of smiles!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I am heading up to Boston on Monday to spend a few days with her.

The doctor just told me it could be a month, six weeks, two months, or maybe even a few more. My dad will be 80 in August. I hope she makes it to his birthday. He will be lost without her. They have been married almost 54 years.

-John.
    Last edited by jrrl; June 26th, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    My dad was killed in a car wreck earlier this year. It stinks losing a parent.

But I urge you to talk often and say the things you want to say to her while you have the chance.

We will be praying for you.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Really am very sorrry to hear about your Mom

"It stinks losing a parent.
    But I urge you to talk often and say the things you want to say to her while you have the chance."

Totally agree, it will be very good for your Mom and will make you feel better afterwards, too. Just talk to her about anything you think about and let her talk to you about anything she wants to. Some might sound kinda silly but if it's important to her to say it, it'll help her to be able to tell ya She's probably gonna be worrying about you since she's your Mom and will be worryin about your Dad and other family. Just you bein with her will mean a lot

I lost my Mom 8 years ago and my Dad's 81 now, so I know, yes it is gonna be very difficult for your Dad. Not only is he losing the love of his life...but when you've been together that long...it's really a way of life for him that is about to totally change. My Dad was totally lost, too. He's got his own health problems, but he's ok, your Dad will be, too. You're aware that he'll have problems, so just try to be there for him, give him support and just him knowing how much you love him will help It's scarey when you're that age to have such a drastic change happen, but he'll have your family so he'll be ok. Try to get that across to your Mom that you and the rest of your family will be ok and her mind will rest easier.

Have lost several family members to cancer too. Seems unfortunatley that most people have. If ever you need a hug, please ask for one There are plenty of people here to give you one or lots of em anytime you need them. Please talk to any of us too when you need to.

Will definitely be thinking of both you and your family.

oops, I forgot..
    Rhea, I'm very sorry about your Dad and what I said, please ask for hugs anytime....I've got lots and lots of em ready to give.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast