Free Product Data Feeds from CJ
    HI all,

I've not visited ABESTWEB in a while, but thought you might want to know (if you didn't already--didn't find it posted) that CJ is letting some of us little fish sign up for free data feed of product catalogs. Just signed up and got set up.

At first sign up, I get the standard letter that it costs $200. But, I copied the CJ Answer from the QA section that says that CJ is temporarily letting folks sign up for free and sent it. No reply. So I called and the CJ rep who answered the phone saw my messages, verified that the product catalog feed is free for now, and passed on a note attached to my account to CJ technical who did the rest.

Only thing, I have a username and password, but no URL. I signed up for the option to get my data instead of have it automatically download as I may be changing databases in the future and figured it was easier. But now, I'm scratching my head. Any advice?

Connie--who is jumping back into the affiliate .bz because I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie
    At first sign up, I get the standard letter that it costs $200. But, I copied the CJ Answer from the QA section that says that CJ is temporarily letting folks sign up for free and sent it. No reply. So I called and the CJ rep who answered the phone saw my messages, verified that the product catalog feed is free for now, and passed on a note attached to my account to CJ technical who did the rest.

Only thing, I have a username and password, but no URL. I signed up for the option to get my data instead of have it automatically download as I may be changing databases in the future and figured it was easier. But now, I'm scratching my head. Any advice?
    Hi Connie,

Thanks for that post, but you must either be on another country, or using another browser like FF, or been a lucky CJ affiliate, because I just wasted over two hours on my CJ account, and I don't see anything related to any free datafeed from CJ.

But that's ok, because after over 9 years on CJ, and after I have learned more than I need to know about datafeeds for the last five years, now I am close to reach the six months BS threat, so I really don't care any more.

If I don't have to pay for any datafeed on any parasite free network, there is no way in hell that I will pay 200 dollars for any datafeed anywhere else, I rather be dump, than be abused.

C'est la vie!

I am so sorry, Mr. Sal, that you spent so much time looking for the data feed.
    I got instructions in one of my CJ affiliate newsletters in early June.

If it's okay to post, I'll post the instructions here. Let me know if this doesn't violate any rules (there seem to be a lot of them!) and I'll be glad to share.

Connie

ABW Ambassador
    connie are you based in EU?

I'm in the US

Here's how to find it:
    Go to Contact Us
    Click on Check FAQs
    Under Category, pick Data Transfer (Publishers)
    Under Subcategory, pick Product Catalog (Publishers)
    In Keyword, I typed in 'cost'
    Scroll down a few QAs to 'Is there a cost.....'
    (I copied the QA and put it in my message-see below)

Then go through the steps under Ask A Question to request a data feed which includes sending a message.
    Remember, I got a standard rejection email and had to call and reference the above in my phone call.
    Hope that helps.

Connie

ABW Ambassador
    CJ offers free datafeeds to UK -and rest of europe- affiliates thats why i am asking...

probably they are starting considering doing that with US ones as well

Smile
    Thanks for the details Connie,

I owe you one!

I tried Connie's suggestions but only one result comes up in the query and is not related to a free feed.

Hey CJ. We know you lurk here from time to time, we've seen your new program announcements so we absolutely know you can find the place. How about jumping in here and giving us a little enlightenment?

What's the poop, free datafeeds or not? And if so, what do we need to do to get them (besides being able to login)?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread