New to popshops and have questions
    Ok, so Im setting up my first shop and I have a few questions.
    1.) When I set up my page I chose the auto feed. Normally, to set up my store I did not search my merchant but just drilled down to the category I wanted. I pick a number of products that I want to display and hope autofeed will pull the rest from the same category Im in. It does not, It seems to pull them from the whole merchant. Messing around I found it only works right if you enter a search term but it sill does not pull the whole category Im interested in due to key words. Is this working correctly?
    2.)When searching through my merchant under advanced what is the correct search commands to use. Can I use more then one keyword or negative keyword. Like this: withacks without:lumbar,hydration
    This does not seem to work. Can I only use one keyword or am I just entering it wrong?
    3.)Once I do pull my results into the store is there a way to alphabetize the results of the autofeed and the items i picked. Perhaps there is a bit of code someone knows that would alphabetize the listings.
    Ok, thanks, think thats it for now.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by gearupandplay
    Ok, so Im setting up my first shop and I have a few questions.
    1.) When I set up my page I chose the auto feed. Normally, to set up my store I did not search my merchant but just drilled down to the category I wanted. I pick a number of products that I want to display and hope autofeed will pull the rest from the same category Im in. It does not, It seems to pull them from the whole merchant.
    I can answer this for you. I noticed the same earlier this week and submitted a ticket to support. Jessie said she is looking into it. I have not gotten a response. Good to know that I was not the only one noticing this!

Thanks for the info, Im trying to work with it but it seems like something that should just take a few minutes is taking a lot longer because I can not get exactly what I want in the shop. Even when I do use a search with auto feed I can not seem to pull what I want. For example I search backpack and it pulls backpacks but I also get backpackers stove, backpacker edition sleeping bags, ect. I thought using "backpack" as a search term would stop this but not so lucky.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I don't know about #2 or #3, but I have been wanting PS to do #1 for ages, and you're right, it doesn't pull from the category. It pulls from keywords from the merchant, so you're likely to get products that don't belong in autofeed.
    For example: If you pull jeans from the men's section of a merchant feed to your "shop", you'll get women's jeans in the autofeed too as long as that merchant also sells clothing for women.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread