Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Does anybody else think that some affiliate program managers, representatives are getting pretty annoying trying to recruit new affiliates? With red texts, loooooooonnggg sig lines, over posts, over-agressive attitude?

Maybe it's just me...

I think it's just you. I like being reminded.

I have noticed that a few of them do have too many sig lines, so they are technically violating the rules, although personally I'm not bothered by it.

I enjoy the interactivity, and I'm interested in what they have to say although some of their posts do set off the SPAM-O-METER a little bit.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I don't have a problem with it, if i was a merchant i'd hire them. Most of the ones with big sig lines are para-free/affiliate friendly so i don't mind it.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:
    Does anybody else think that some affiliate program managers, representatives are getting pretty annoying trying to recruit new affiliates? With red texts, loooooooonnggg sig lines, over posts, over-agressive attitude?

Maybe it's just me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually board members with spamming sigs annoy me more.

It's just you.

I "catalytic" AMs.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

I think its ABW was not working right for a tad and SamBay needed to mess with things

Humm wonder if my Sig is OK?

Simple Search Advancing Network
    http://www.ssan.com
    SSAN IM: SSanAssistance

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wish there were a hundred more like them here. Affiliates really don't give up many clues to success but AM's sure do. This place is supposed to be their recruiting ground if they pass the smell test.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I think we have a fine crop of AMs here.

If they wren't here getting affiliate input, those network spokesmen would have their way with them

(how many times have we heard the new AMs say that they didn't know the dark side of the Parasite problem because the networks told them how great they are)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Wish there were a hundred more like them here. Affiliates really don't give up many clues to success but AM's sure do. This place is supposed to be their recruiting ground if they pass the smell test.
    Mike & Charlie ...
    If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the way my hubby LOVES your Icon Signature!

ABW Ambassador
    Speaking of overactive attitudes I believe it's just you.

I would guess the merchants you're complaining about are paying to help support this board and have every right to recruit so long as they don't venture into comptitors forums to do so.

And since you hate red fonts so much - I changed mine just for you.

Take a chill pill please and if that doesn't work I'll have the Mrs send you a hormone pill.

[font color=red]===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================[/font]

ABW Ambassador
    Hopefully this will be better!

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

ABW Ambassador
    lol - will one of you ams with red fonts please tell me how to do it.

ABW Ambassador
    Ok Ok - You get your laugh too!

<font color="red">===============================

===============================</font>

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar

Rock on !!!

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

ABW Ambassador
    So, what you guys are saying, if I've read into the consensus correctly, is that merchants can spam freely if they pay?
    What if they don't pay?
    If they don't pay, should we PM Haiko?
    Haiko, do you check your PM's?

CarSites.us - Free promotion for your automotive-related sites!

Die Parasites Die!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Rodriguez:

Rock on !!!

AndyRodriguez.com
    and Consulting Services
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy you forgot to add your weight and height to your sig

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Celicaphile:
    So, what you guys are saying, if I've read into the consensus correctly, is that merchants can spam freely if they pay?
    What if they don't pay?
    Die Parasites Die!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point!

But why didn't anyone tell me about my crafts for Halloween wasn't showing up after the dbase change.

Fixing it now.

Yup go for it grab your crafts but do not add to your site until you get a written agreement with Dow.
    http://www.ssan.com/pages/Home_Garde...een/index.html
    ------------------

Simple Search Advancing Network
    http://www.ssan.com
    SSAN IM: SSanAssistance

[This message was edited by SandraR on September 18, 2003 at 06:42 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Celicaphile:
    What if they don't pay?

http://www.carsites.us - Free promotion for your automotive-related sites!

Die Parasites Die!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Affiliates learn about and join merchant programs via their sigs, I don't see any value in an affiliate posting their sig, hence thats why I never post mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Rodriguez:

Rock on !!!

AndyRodriguez.com
    and Consulting Services
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy you forgot to add your weight and height to your sig <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait till you see my site...

AndyRodriguez.com
    and Consulting Services

AM's who don't pay are also allowed to use extended sigs, they obviously incorporate such so that you can freely pick up the phone, email or instant message any questions or concerns an affiliate may have prior to or pursuant to joining their program. Would you rather that they, or the paying AM's posted as xyz.com and said email me at affiliates@xyz.com? Geez how 1999!

Open communication is a crucial key to a program and it's respective partner's success, thus the forums and sigs.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Ha Ha. I changed my to red when Akiva did, cuz I thought it looked cool and colorful. Teaches me for thinking!

Changed it back to blah black just until Nova's hormone pill starts working on Sammy. Then I'm changing to bright purple!

Just kidding SamBay!

According to the forum rules, when an AM spends $2,000 to open a forum here to support ABW they get to have a long sig and get to recruit.
    Most of my posts are trying to be helpful, not spammy.

OK, you win. I'll stop posting threads trying to help with parasites, the Norton issue, fight to get 800# commissions and finding new programs to help you guys make money.

I also will be sure NOT to post any thing about the the new Merchants Against Parasites Site and organization that some of the other affiliate-centered managers and I are trying to get started to get the networks and media attention.

I will post less and help less, like B and some of the OTHER positive AMs on this board! Have you noticed that some great AM's and other people that used to go out of their way to help affiliates are pretty quiet lately? Gee, wonder why?

Oh And BTW - LOOK OUT, because once Andy really gets going he'll probably have more companies in his sig than I do.
    Between us we can be the Bandwidth Hogging SIG King and Queen of ABW.

Whew, I feel better now that I got that off my chest and ranted. This threads been bothering me. I felt like just giving up like others have and going away...

But it feels better to just make a King and Queen joke and keep truckin. Andy let's make these guys some money!

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    <FONT size="1">EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!
    </font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:

Maybe it's just me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is most definitely annoying!!!!!!!!!! like im really going to sign up for a program out of a signature!

ABW Ambassador
    If you don't like the sigs just use the sig block feature. I think this feature is enabled when you hit 2000 posts or Elite Member status, i forget which one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catalyst:
    Andy let's make these guys some money! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You know it...that is my focus for the next year...

I have 3 signed contracts, working behind the scenes so far...but my goal is to help any affiliate partner that wants to make some serious money. I generated 1.6 MM per month while on a leash, watch my smoke now...

All I can say is, there will be some HUGE announcements coming soon

AndyRodriguez.com
    and Consulting Services

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast