View Poll Results: What Would It Take To Clean Your Office?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, I keep it clean on a daily basis

4 8.16%
  • About a half hour to straighten up a bit

24 48.98%
  • Several hours to fill up several garbage bags and wash things down

7 14.29%
  • A day. A pitchfork and wheel barrow would help.

5 10.20%
  • It's a lost cause. I would need to rent some heavy equipment.

9 18.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Poll: How Clean Is Your Office?
    Kind of a silly poll which could generate some laughs, so I thought I would stick this in Daily Chuckle.

What would it take for you to clean out your office?

For me, right now, I would need several kitchen garbage bags, and a bucket of soapy water, and towels. The fact that I am even thinking about this means it is time to perhaps give this office it's semi-annual going over.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I voted for the half hour option. It would probably take a little longer but it isn't at the garbage bag stage...yet.

I had a boss years ago make a comment about my untidy desk at work. He said "A cluttered desk means a cluttered mind". I replied with "Then what does an empty desk mean?" I wasn't sure if the look on his face was "I should fire this smart a$$" or "Hmm, good question" so I said "I'm here to work not clean".

I usually clean the office on the weekend and sort the piles out so it tends to build up during the week. Trying to keep it clean every day seems like too much of a distraction
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Since my office is at home, it doesn't take much to clean it. I am a neat freak.

* About a half hour to straighten up a bit

I said several hours for the garbage bags, but I don't need to wash anything down, really. Maybe a bit of dusting. My office isn't currently my work area, though... since I've got a kid, I like to be where she is, so I'm set up in the living room with my laptop and necessary things. That area needs a good vacuuming and the stack of empty Diet Dr. Pepper cans needs to be cleared every other day
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Let's just say it is not to the point where I would want to take a picture of it right now. It probably would take me around 30-45 min. to get it in photo-ready status. Are you challenging us to clean our offices today, Cheesehead? I thought Friday was the day of fun. ;-(

-sfcom

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    Let's just say it is not to the point where I would want to take a picture of it right now. It probably would take me around 30-45 min. to get it in photo-ready status. Are you challenging us to clean our offices today, Cheesehead? I thought Friday was the day of fun. ;-(

-sfcom
    You're right. "Nah"
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    I *just* cleaned the cube.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    I had a boss years ago make a comment about my untidy desk at work. He said "A cluttered desk means a cluttered mind".
    You should see MY boss' desk!!!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    My computer tech guy is coming over today so my desk and surrounding area is especially "clean." Still, it took me a few hours to go through the paper piles, fill 2 trash bags with junk, move the "keeper" paper piles to another place and wipe down all the visible surfaces.

I don't let the cleaning lady touch my desk for fear of losing something vital. Meanwhile, if I had to find said "something vital" it would take me half a day.

I run 2 separate businesses out of my bedroom. Good thing I don't have a boyfriend - I'd have to remove half my "filing system" from the bed to make room. It's really insane. Clutter and disorganization just creates more disorganization which creates utter chaos.

Life was much easier and a lot less chaotic when I was on top of the organization and kept things relatively neat to accommodate a "guest," even with the added chaos of managing a relationship in the process. LMAO
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Fire

And I want to know who the 2 people are who maintain such a neat office that they keep it clean on a "daily" basis ... freaks! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I guess my home office falls in the "lost cause" option.
    I took some "Before" pictures, but I still haven't got around to cleaning it up for the "After" shots. Maybe one day....
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    You should see MY boss' desk!!!
    I have, it was in some video but forget where I saw it. He should be proud
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure about my office (it is wherever I am) but I did try to clean my bedroom the other day. It took me all day, with help from my 8 year old for 3 hours, 5 garbage bags and a lot of sweat. Still didn't finish though.

I guess I am not a neat freak. Amazing how much crap people allow to accumulate before they do anything about it.

Talking
    Well, I guess that for those that are still working on those cubicles 9-5, maybe a simple pink slip will do.

But, we the affiliate marketers , we have no time to clean our stinking office!

And as long as we can still have enough room to use our , and , we can use the rest of our office to pile our other things, around the empty space of our office, as it's written on the "Affiliate Marketer 102" ebook.

But...,

If my wife wants to keep it clean on a daily basis, just give me her #, so I can call her and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    And I want to know who the 2 people are who maintain such a neat office that they keep it clean on a "daily" basis ... freaks! LOL
    One of them is me. Everything on my desk has a home and I just can't concentrate when I see clutter.
    [B]Jeff DeBo[/B] | Sr. Marketing Manager - Affiliate
    [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K217424]ProFlowers[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K302833]Personal Creations[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K21765]RedEnvelope[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220460]Cherry Moon Farms[/URL] | [URL=http://www.connectcommerce.com/secure/partner_app_alt.html?ccmid=K220455]Shari's Berries[/URL]

P: (858) 909-4203 | E: jdebo(at)providecommerce(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by zooma230
    One of them is me. Everything on my desk has a home and I just can't concentrate when I see clutter.
    None of us can - we work around it. You are especially likely to prosper because you have room to breathe and manifest. Careful ... wish for only what you really want. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

My wife got the Governor to declare a disaster area for my office. She is lucky my door closes.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    It would take me half an hour and 1 garbage bag. Most of my papers are in my file cabinet, but I'd have to remove the clutter and file or hide this month's papers. I'd need to dust my squeezable penguin too.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Office?" You mean my desk here in the living room?

Put it like this, when I got this computer, I set the tower up on the floor, I said I'd put it up on the desk once I cleaned the desk and moved the old machine. That was 5 years ago.

This tower is still on the floor.

The last time I actually removed a lot of stuff from the desk, I had lost a check. So I guess "serious money!" is what it would take! (Once I found the check, so much for the "cleaning" nonsense!) In the absence of buried checks, as long as I can use the keyboard and mouse (like Sal said)...it's fine. I sometimes wash that little area that I actually come into contact with, along with the mouse pad and wrist rests.

A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind anyway

as long as I can use the keyboard and mouse (like Sal said)...it's fine. I sometimes wash that little area that I actually come into contact with, along with the mouse pad and wrist rests.
    At the risk of some NewYorkian (not Kevorkian7) reading this post, I have to ask you this question...

Would you marry me before September?

I think that the two of us can just get a longer table, and just put our and on the same pad!

Look at the bright side, with the money we can save on our office, we can hire some worker to clean our long desk , once in a while.

There is nothing wrong with my office that a good fire couldn't fix. Every six months or so, whenever there's a power outage I sift through my notes and dispose of those that don't ring a bell. I am a scribbler, with notes all over the place but I can find what I need in 3 minutes or less. There is no way a cluttered desk indicates a cluttered mind, it more accurately indicates an extremely organized mind that can focus on the task at hand while ignoring the avalanches that slick magazines can set off as they settle.

And I am happy to hear I am not the only one who has ever buried a stray check. It is such a welcome surprise to uncover one. Not the same feeling when it's an old half a sandwich. It is all a matter of priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    I had a boss years ago make a comment about my untidy desk at work. He said "A cluttered desk means a cluttered mind". I replied with "Then what does an empty desk mean?" I wasn't sure if the look on his face was "I should fire this smart a$$" or "Hmm, good question" so I said "I'm here to work not clean".
    LMAO - - I am still laughing - that was funny! I am fairly organized, but righ tnow I have papers everywhere......but I wish someone would come inot my office and say this now so I could use your line!!

You all are too funny. I enjoyed reading this post. Maybe we should start a 'post a pic of your desk' thread.... I voted half an hour. I call it creative cloaking (not that I would do that on my sites but if it comes to messiness and junk, I am the master black hatter). I have little stashes all over the house that I haven't touched in years. So if you spread out the junk, it doesn't look too bad. It helps if you have lots of closet space and hide them all. So actually people who come to my house and office think that I am pretty neat and organized.... little do they know... just don't open that closet door or look under the bed

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy

And I am happy to hear I am not the only one who has ever buried a stray check. It is such a welcome surprise to uncover one.
    And then panic over the expiration date. LOL

I've found buried checks more than once. I consider them bonuses.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast