ABW Ambassador
    Real Time Reporting Launching End Of July?
    One of the main things I've been wanting, where Linkshare has fallen behind all the other networks. Then was reading Jangro's blog -

"If you listened carefully, Arun Bordoloi announced briefly that Linkshare will be launching real-time reporting at the end of July. It was so anti-climactic that he almost fell asleep as he was talking about it."

"Of course it requires that each Linkshare merchant re-implement tracking but Iím assured that itís a very simple change. I think merchants will need lots of encouragement to make this switch. Keep a close eye on this."

http://www.jangro.com/a/2008/06/26/b...are-symposium/

So I would encourage merchants to re-implement tracking so you can do this. I've actually stopped doing PPC for some merchants that went over to Linkshare because of this.

I agree this is long over do.

I just dropped a merchant because I don't trust Linkshare's reporting system and once I provided Linkshare with enough data that was hard to refute that the merchant wasn't reporting all sales all communication from them has dried up.

But you raise a good point, some merchant's will undoubtedly resist adopting the new system as it will be more difficult to shave sales.

Trust, you snipped the only part of my quote that showed my excitement about this.

I think I remembered the timeframe correctly, but the important thing is that that's only when the technology should be available, so it'll be a bit longer before many merchants are using it. Hopefully by Q4 there will be a lot.

I was commiserating with a few LS folks at the Symposium that merchants are always slow to adopt new stuff. Hopefully they'll see the benefit in getting search affiliates and will jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson78
    But you raise a good point, some merchant's will undoubtedly resist adopting the new system as it will be more difficult to shave sales.
    wow, cynical!

ABW Ambassador
    When Linkshare began offering hourly reporting several years ago, very few merchants participated. It would be great if it's different this time, but I would be surprised if it is.

ABW Ambassador
    "Hopefully they'll see the benefit in getting search affiliates and will jump on it."

That's a big one. Like I said, I stopped doing PPC myself for LS merchants and I've read the same from some other PPC affiliates (not all obviously) mentioning this being one of the reasons. Also, last year I had a lot of Black Friday traffic and it would have really helped to see what was working as soon as possible, so I could make adjustments. Hopefully the merchants see the benefit of this.

sjangro,

yeah, it is a bit cynical but if you have the experience I have had and data to back things up...well you can't help but be a bit cynical.

only time will tell...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread