Average sales??
    I'm creating a business plan for a website that will rely heavily on affiliate marketing and I'm hoping you guys can provide some help in regards to some revenue #'s.

I'm looking for help with the following questions:
    1) What's the average linkshare click through rate?
    2) What's the average revenue to the affiliate per click? (I know this varies greatly depending on which affiliate program the user chooses however I was wondering if there's an average number out there).

Thanks for the help. If you have any other numbers that would be beneficial to my partner & I, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    -Goalie35

Quote Originally Posted by Goalie35
    I'm looking for help with the following questions:
    1) What's the average linkshare click through rate?
    2) What's the average revenue to the affiliate per click? (I know this varies greatly depending on which affiliate program the user chooses however I was wondering if there's an average number out there).
    Goalie35, no network (or affiliate program) will have such information publically available. After all, how useful is it to know these metrics? Say, you have 1,000 of affiliates, 70 of which make an average of $5 per sale (not even per "click"!). This means that the average revenue to the affiliate per sale is $0.35. Per click? Well.... I would guess you want to divide it by at least 50, which will make you arrive at $0.07 per click. Does this actually mean anything? Does this imply you can safely bid $0.06 per click in your PPC, comparison shopping and banner exchange campaigns, and make money? By no means! This can actually become very dangerous.

G.

The question completely leaves out link quality. A link pasted into a bannerfarm on a parked 'typo' domain and a well placed link in an informative presentation on a well constructed site may each generate clicks but which is more likely to generate a sale? An average would be very misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    The question completely leaves out link quality...
    It does. Like I said, such overall network's stats will not help anyone. Individual program's EPC calculations, average sale stats and conversion rates are much more useful.

Geno

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Goalie35, have you done a competitive analysis? Those are the numbers you are going to have to beat!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread