Olympic Swim Trials (Here in Omaha!)
    Just got home from the first night of finals of the Olympic Swim Trials here in Omaha. What a RUSH! Got to see Michael Phelps beat a world record right off the bat! Katie Hoff also beat a world record. Both were swimming the 400 IM.

I've got two tickets for the entire event, but don't plan to go again until the finals as I'm letting my wife and daughter use them the rest of the week. But, hey, I can't imagine it could be any better than tonight.

One really cool thing they had there was a special sign behind the awards area made of water. Hard to explain, but it let water drip in a long line at a computerized rate and as it dripped you could actully see words, pictures etc. So they'd have the names of the champion swimmers, the olympic symbol, etc.

If you can't view it in person I recommend you follow it on tv. It's quite exciting. Okay, it may just be I find it exciting because I'm a swim dad.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I watched a good deal of it tonight Ron. Some exciting races, especially the 400 where Phelps edged out Lochte, both beating the record.

I think I saw the sign you're talking about, but it looked like a green wall of dripping water at the time.

That's cool that you get to see that in person. See if you can get yourself one of those laser swimsuits!

I don't think I could afford one of those. Just a skimpy racing suit for my daughter set me back $82.00 tonight!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I guess if it were not so late on a Sunday night I'd remember I'm the affiliate manager for a company that sells swimwear. Duh!

Now, I need to get my daughter to realize that as well and send her to one of the SwimLockers affiliate sites out there!!!!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    I am jealous Ron. I don't remember the last time I watched swimming but I was captivated last night.

Also watched the track trials where Tyson Gay broke the world record in the 100M but had too much wind behind him.

The swimming was amazing! Look forward to watching more.

Make sure to wave at us Ron!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    Also watched the track trials where Tyson Gay broke the world record in the 100M but had too much wind behind him.
    Wasn't that amazing? They ALL had the wind behind them, but how he could pull away like that within just 9 seconds and 100M was incredible.

ABW Ambassador
    Was watching them over the weekend. Those trials can be brutal. Was just thinking, putting all that work in, years of training and the way it's setup here in the U.S. one bad race or a hundreth of a second off and it's over. Speaking of Tyson Gay, cramping up, falling and he's out of the 200 for the Olympics, when he's the best at it. Or that one swimmer, forgot her name, last 2 Olympic trials, came in 3rd 4 times when the top 2 go to the Olympics. That has to eat at you. That's the way it goes I guess.

Seriously brutal. But I guess that's the life they choose (or that their parents chose for them.)

Just the same, we can pour heart and soul into a site for 2 years and then have google kick you in the nuts.

choices.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread