Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I am in a bad mood today...
    you have all been warned.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Bad hair day? Feeling poopy? It's not too early for tequila, is it?!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Sorry.

Anything we can do for you?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Tax Paying Member
    ME TOO

I have a bucket of rocks that I will share with you.
    Lets go break some glass.........
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    that should have been tagged NSFW

Hey guys, thanks for making me laugh!

I am heartbroken and exhausted. I'm removing thousands of CafePress affiliate links from my web sites. It took me hundreds of hours to add them and now I have to replace them with whatever I can grab fast, most of which is pretty sucky. I figure CP dumping their NY affiliates is going to cost me close to $10K this year.

It sucks.

And I hate tequila, but at precisely 1 minute past noon I will be drinking a Heineken, or as I like to call it, Wheineken.

Sorry. If we were closer I would take a drive, we could hang out. I am having one of those days as well, maybe something's in the NY air.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

lol! Mellie, I could sure use a sob sister today! I wish you could get away for a visit, too.

I think the "thing" in the NY air is the humidity. If this keeps up my sinuses are gonna shut down completely and I'm gonna have to buy an afro pick to comb my hair!

I'm strongly considering an angry afternoon high speed kayaking session myself. I'm arguing with a snippet of code this morning, and losing.

New York is full of haters today
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    Take a hike!

No, seriously: Whenever I have a bad day I've found that even a brief walk in the summer sun will help smooth over the rest of my day.

Hope yours gets better.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    I'm strongly considering an angry afternoon high speed kayaking session myself. I'm arguing with a snippet of code this morning, and losing.

New York is full of haters today
    Is that code for me? lol

Feel like singing the "I Love NY" theme song?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

http and a telephoto
    Taking a walk may put things in perspective but it won't change the fact that a company that she put her heart and soul into made a drastic change without considering the impact it will have on *people*. Loss of that income, and the income she is losing by having to take the time to replace those links is significant.

She didn't deserve to be treated that way. By ANY company, let alone THAT one.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The giant risk of working with a print on demand company is that when they do something drastic, you can't just swap out your links to other vendors - the items you're linking to are unique and not available (generally) at the other print on demand outfits.

I'm very, very sorry you have to go through this, Rhea
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Nope, not that code Mellie. Some tougher stuff
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Loxly wrote:
    She didn't deserve to be treated that way. By ANY company, let alone THAT one.
    That's precisely it. Of all the companies I affiliate with (and I'm really picky about who I work with) CP was the last one I'd expect to throw me out because they wouldn't stand by their affiliates. I was completely caught by surprise and I'm still stunned that this happened.

I learned a hard lesson from this.

Even though I'm new at this am not at your level yet, I sympathize with you!!! Lots of hard work down the drain...but sometimes there is a silver lining, I know an old saying but one that I believe in. You WILL find something bigger and better to replace what you have lost.
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea

I am heartbroken and exhausted. I'm removing thousands of CafePress affiliate links from my web sites. It took me hundreds of hours to add them and now I have to replace them with whatever I can grab fast, most of which is pretty sucky. I figure CP dumping their NY affiliates is going to cost me close to $10K this year.

It sucks.

And I hate tequila, but at precisely 1 minute past noon I will be drinking a Heineken, or as I like to call it, Wheineken.
    Move to New Jersey

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea

It sucks.
    There is nothing I can write to make that pain go away. You've had a tough and nerve wrenching year and this just sucks. I can only hope that your new links are spidered fast and that they are very profitable.

The humidity and heat just adds to the missery and insult.

Move to New Jersey
    Are you trying to KILL me? lol!

I've been trying for five years to get back to Connecticut!

Thanks, Aunt Lily. It just tears me up to destroy so much hard work. I put an enormous amount of effort in choosing just the right products from CP and I had awesome results for my troubles. And then the state of NY gets greedy (so what else is new) and I expected to experience some hardship as a result, but not from one of my most trusted and lucrative merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    I used to be picky to about links and merchants. But then I too got screwed over once too often, and my pickiness disappeared. Quite frankly a merchant has to be pretty scummy not to be on my site. Every so often I rethink this, but I haven't taken any links down yet.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Dang Rhea, sorry - It's well past noon here on the west coast so I'm assuming you're plastered to the wall by now. Enjoy the bliss. :-)

I think Connie is the one who believes so strongly that when something bad happens, something really good always comes along to replace it and it's very true. Something even better will come along and make all this hardship go away.

Here's a positive s Consider that all the changes to your site will constitute updates. The SEs love updates!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Rhea - So sorry this has had such an impact on your sites. Yes, it does suck! Loxly is right, you didn't deserve this and shame on CP. Not the same situation as yours but I feel your pain. I got hit hard a while back because Fun to Collect closed their program. My main income came from them. I had built websites around their products and poof they were gone. Some of their products could be replaced but most can not. I have done what I can with those websites and am now moving on to new projects. My point here is, I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach but the FTC situation has made me stop and really rethink things and I honestly believe my business will be better for it in the long run. It may take a while but I'll get there and YOU WILL TOO. Replacing links and scrambling to find products really bites, I wish I was close by (live in GA) and could help you out. If I can help in any way (product ideas, finding new merchants), please let me know.

Your Hair will look better soon.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I am sorry, too, Rhea. As soon as I read that news (about cafe press dropping New York residents/Affiliates) I thought of you..

Hey guys, thanks for the boost!

Rexie, I am not plastered. It takes TWO beers to get me plastered and I only had one. I couldn't drink a 10 year old under the table. lol!

I had a long phone conversation with Loxly and she gave me lots of good ideas for how to patch the holes in my websites that removing CP links is leaving. It'll take some time to implement everything but at least it's not the holiday season -- I'm grateful for that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast