NY <--> Boston Bus service
    I'm on the new Bolt Bus service from boston to new york. So far so good - and would recommend for any NY'ers planning their trip to the summit.

The seats are comfortable, they don't recline, but the pitch is very comfortable, and recline is not necessary. Leg room is ample, I could use a bit more - but I am a tall guy, they do have drop down foot rests which makes it okay.

If booked well in advance, the seat can be had for as little as $1 - I paid $17.50 for a monday 9:30 am bus booked one day in advance.

There is WiFi on the bus, and is pretty decent - seems like they are using the sprint pcs network and have gotten about 800K dl and 256k ul - only one deadspot for a few moments so far.

Each aisle seat has 2 grounded outlets, so using your laptop/ipod/cell phone for the 4 hour journey is okay.

The overhead compartment can accommodate backpack's easily - and luggage is stored in the under-bus compartment.

There is a restroom in the back of the bus - haven't used it, but if the need arises, i'll let you know if it's clean

Joining their rewards program and booking online gets you A class boarding (you get to board before the B and C classes - just like southwest airlines). And I think after 8 rides, you get 1 ride free.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    New York, USA
    Wow, that's a great price. It costs almost $100 round trip from Albany to New York City on Amtrak.

Gotta see if these guys have an Albany-NYC route.

rhea, you can also check mega bus - they are a new discount bus company that is offering wifi on some routes aswell.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread