Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Google TV Ads Option
    Is this something that is really geared towards merchants and not affiliates? Has anyone tried out the new Google TV Ads? To me, this seems like a pretty high end advertising avenue for affiliates.

Minimum level
    Your campaign can deliver
    500,000 to 1 million weekly
    impressions for $150 per day.

Impression counts are based on total network audiences viewing your commercial, not limited to a specific demographic.
    These estimates are meant to provide you with an idea of the impact your campaign can have at different spend levels. When you create your campaign, you can see estimated impressions and cost based on the specific networks and dayparts you've selected.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    If you have a strong value proposition in your site's theme and construction, this can be decent.

If its theme matches a demographic TV audience well, it can be very good.

G has taught us to think about relevancy in search (both organic and ppc), do the same thing here. Pick time slots and stations that match your site's theme and offerings. Design an ad that offers a compelling message to that audience, regarding what you offer.

There's nothing inherently un-affiliate in this medium except that affiliates tend to have very low ad budgets and also don't often have easy access to the resources to make TV ads. If you're a medium to large affiliate and you find a particular niche is converting well for you, and you have your ppc and seo efforts maxed out, or nearly so, give this some serious thought.

I ran ads locally at first, more experimentation than anything else. Then I started meeting people who had seen my ads on TV, then local shoppers began writing to me, the local newspaper called me and interviewed me, a tv show called me and asked me to give them permission to highlight my site on their show and more. Nothing builds a brand like a good TV ad - it's an immersion experience, much more so that a static banner or non-visual text ads.

If your budget is tight (and it should always be tight), you might try experimenting with SpotRunner first - the advantage they have over G is their stock of templated, existing tv ads that they overlay with a simple audio track. So you can have an ad made, IF they happen to have a template that matches your site well, for about $1k.

There are other audio ad distribution channels you can also pursue first, besides tv, to cut your teeth on using video ads that aren't as rigidly spec'd as those on tv. I recommend that step first, it's cheaper and can be a proof of concept for future tv runs. If your Internet video ads work well, chances are higher that your TV ones will also pay off. You can use digital animation (versus live action filming) for non-tv ads and be fine, so the intial complexity and cost is also much, much lower as well.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    Minimum level
    Your campaign can deliver
    500,000 to 1 million weekly
    impressions for $150 per day.

Impression counts are based on total network audiences viewing your commercial, not limited to a specific demographic.
    These estimates are meant to provide you with an idea of the impact your campaign can have at different spend levels. When you create your campaign, you can see estimated impressions and cost based on the specific networks and dayparts you've selected.
    Hell, that's some serious eyeballs and in your face advertising for 150.00 a day. You can target your ideal audience by hour of the day plus lots of other demographics - I think this is dirt cheap for what it offers.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread