Cheep Keywords
    Our website statistics server is sophisticated enough that it produces reports of the SE keywords people have found our pages with. I pay close attention to those keywords. I find gems there many times that motivates me to edit meta tags and content. I'm beginning to realize that there is a standard common set of keywords (and misspellings) I should incorporate into every page.

Today's discovery was "cheap". Probably not a ligtning bolt to many here but was enough to get MY attention. Not only the word cheap, but CHEEP too. That reminded me of others I've noticed such as purchase(perchase), buy(bye by), find, and ebay(yes, ebay).

Without giving away secrets, what are some generic keywords [and misspellings] that you can theenk of?

X

ABW Ambassador

Still lists the pages found with the misspelled words though...

X

Tax Paying Member
    Don't sell the misspelled words short. They do work. Most folks comprehension of the English language spelling leaves something to be desired. Also, consider that most folks can't type worth a darn.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

search words are very interesting. it is also interesting to see who finds your site through image search and to see what they were searching for. some words are hard to rank well through web search but much easier through image search. although the image search is not nearly as valuable, it can still generate traffic. if you're tracking is good enough you can tell if that traffic is good traffic or not.

one thing that superCool has always been curious about are the words that are not on my google search list. are they not there because superCool did not optimize for them? or are they not there because people don't search for them? superCool thinks it's probably the fact that the pages have not been optimized for those words.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread