About the Merchandiser Program
    Just applied for LinkShare's Merchandiser Program. Hopefully, I'll be able to get datafeeds from the merchants I'm affiliated with via FTP.

However, I just learned about LinShare's Web Services (it was buried in their site). It seems I can get the datafeeds I want using their Merchandiser Query API tool. They also have other tools. That's cool as I'm an API kind of guy.

But there's just one question: do I have to be a member of the Merchandiser program in order to make use of their APIs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Dastic

But there's just one question: do I have to be a member of the Merchandiser program in order to make use of their APIs?
    No it's a free service, you can confirm here:

http://helpcenter.linkshare.com/publisher/contact.php

Wow! Thanks.

Just finished testing the Merchandiser Query API Tool. It's easy to use; it's similar to CJ's ProductSearchService and AvantLink's ProductSearch API (the latter is much better).

The only drawback to LinkShare's offering is that none of the products returned via the tool contain coded affiliate links. By that I mean the links don't have my affiliate ID in them for tracking purposes.

Bummer.

ABW Ambassador

The only drawback to LinkShare's offering is that none of the products returned via the tool contain coded affiliate links. By that I mean the links don't have my affiliate ID in them for tracking purposes.

Bummer.
    So what good is that.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    So what good is that.
    Not too good if you ask me. Maybe they'll fix it so that the tool outputs coded affiliate links.

Bummer.
    They do have an affiliate ID in them, I just tested it. It means the clicks can be tracked when a sale is made.

Quote Originally Posted by 25trees
    They do have an affiliate ID in them, I just tested it. It means the clicks can be tracked when a sale is made.
    Really? Where?

I haven't seen one link that contained my LinkShare affiliate ID in it. Is there some parameter that must be added to the Merchandiser Query Tool that I'm not aware of?

Really? Where?

I haven't seen one link that contained my LinkShare affiliate ID in it. Is there some parameter that must be added to the Merchandiser Query Tool that I'm not aware of?
    The links in the MQT look just like the links from the text links both have an affiliate id in them. http://linksynergy .merchant.com/fs-bin/click?id=XXXXXXXXXXX&offerid=XXXXXX.XXXXXXXX&type=XX&subid=X

whatever is after id= and before &offerid is your affiliate tracking id.

Quote Originally Posted by 25trees
    The links in the MQT look just like the links from the text links both have an affiliate id in them. http://linksynergy .merchant.com/fs-bin/click?id=XXXXXXXXXXX&offerid=XXXXXX.XXXXXXXX&type=XX&subid=X

whatever is after id= and before &offerid is your affiliate tracking id.
    Oh, now I see what you mean. I didn't expect my affiliate tracking id to be encoded; I expected it to be the id given to me by LinkShare. After all, another merchant that I'm affiliated with in LinkShare returns links with my id in them, which is probably why the "Error 400: Bad site code" thing keeps showing when the links are clicked.

Hi All,

I have extended the functionality of my site search with amazon aws, cj productsearch. I have also tested longtime ago, linkshare product search using Merchandiser Query API Tool. But i am not sure whether i can use linkshare Merchandiser or not, so left it disabled. Any idea, whether we can use Merchandiser Query API.

here is my site http://www.deals2fire.com

Thanks

@emailrk

If you are a member of the LinkShare network, I don't see why you couldn't use the Merchandiser Query Tool.

am I reading linkshare's policies for this correctly? The publisher pays $250 to set this up?

Hooray!!! I just got accepted into the LinkShare Merchandiser Program, and all merchants that I'm affiliated with automatically approved FTP access to their xml datafeeds. Soon I'll be able to house a database of products.

@shoelover
    Yes, the publisher (that means you) pays $250 to set up FTP access for datafeeds in the Merchandiser Program. See this page for more details.

Invalid websiteId on CJ productSearchServiceV2 API
    I am newly learning CJ API on php. Trying to use productSearchServiceV2 API but it says invalid websiteId. I am using localhost as my website like http://localhost/example.php
    What should be the websiteId ?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sat_moonstruck
    I am newly learning CJ API on php. Trying to use productSearchServiceV2 API but it says invalid websiteId. I am using localhost as my website like http://localhost/example.php
    What should be the websiteId ?
    This is the LS forum.

@sat moonstruck

To use the CJ API, you must first create an account with CJ and add a website under your account. CJ will in turn give each website added under your account a separate website ID. This is used in the API.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread