ok so i got wordpress.. whats next
    i downloaded wordpress and started 2 websites... with dream host just to make them.. the thing is whats the next step.. let me tell you this... im at the point where i need to build my first bog, so i dont where to start.. do i start a wordpress blog from wordpress or do i use the 5 minutes download and go from there.. whats the difference.. secondly how do i get my adsense ads on my site.. do i have to code everything.. do i just copy and paste after a paragraph.. help me please.. someone please spell it out to me... step by step.. or as much help as you can possibly add.. i can get hot videos of phones before they come out.. i want to take advantage of this niche..

ABW Ambassador
    may I suggest "wordpress for dummies". It's the source I used and answers most of the questions you asked.

ok.. ill get that after work but.. as far as right now.. im in front of a computer... after im done helping customers... i can get started on my blog.. i wanna get started right away.. can any one help me..

don't forget to add me to your blog rolls

http://www.michaeljreyes.us (Im told I bring luck to those who ad me) lol

if you have free time now but aren't sure what to do next, you could always start by writing some blog posts. save them in Word and you will be ready to go when you get things set up.

good luck

You sound rushed so calm down. take a deeeeep breath.
    Try http://codex.wordpress.org/New_To_Wo...Where_to_Start
    you can ignore the install sections since your host probably have one click install. So don't worry about the 5 min install option.
    For Adsense, you need a plugin (some WP templates don't) but I suggest you start blogging first and worry about Adsense later. Supercool has a great suggestion about writing in a word doc first since you are in between customers and may need to double check spelling, etc. before you post.
    Remember, it doesn't happen overnight, so no need to rush

Lots and lot of info out there on getting your wordpress blog/site up and going.

Plug-ins are the sweet and easy way to get things "happening" on your blog/site.
    Nathan Rice wrote a nice piece on 7 must haves for wp.

http://www.nathanrice.net/blog/7-mus...ugins/#more-65

Good advice above too.
    You can write anytime and move it over later.
    No rush, take your time and learn how your template works.

*tip= when "hacking" your template be sure to keep track of what you do. if most is only graphics and adding plug-ins then not to worry , but if you get into deep code make notes in that code. You will be great full you did when it comes time to upgrade/update.

Best of luck.
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I've switched from using plugins for Adsense to just adding it directly to my template "theme" files.

instead of rushing into everything it would have been better to do some planning.

Everything you want to know is at Wordpress, but I find that area is better used for a specific question. I've read Wordpress for Dummies and found it really gives one the right path to follow to get where you want to go.

If you are asking WHAT to post, that's really entirely up to you.

Best of luck. I think you will find Wordpress quite simple and at times difficult, but very, very good.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > do i just copy and paste after a paragraph

No, go to the theme editor and under index.php add your adsense code after the comments it will show up

Start talking about anything phone related the rest of ideas will come later

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    I've switched from using plugins for Adsense to just adding it directly to my template "theme" files.
    Good tip
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

wow.. you guys have been so helpfull.. i really appreciate it... all im having trouble with now is getting my site set up.. i got a couple of questions..
    so its obvious i need to create a whole brand new website so i can add my adsense codes... i cant just use blogspot or any other major blog sites like that right..
    also.. how long does it take you to buile your blogs now.. and what about then.. like your firsts ones..

your blog should be part of your site and just link to the other parts of your site from your blog. If you already have two sites, why do you need a third?

How long does it take to build a site?

to infinity and beyond :-)

ok deviant.. remember i have a foggy idea about this here so bare with me... im asking can i use google ads with a blog that i can create at wordpress.com or blogspot or wherever do i have to create a whole new newsite and use wordpress.. also i have a mac.. any keyword programs you guys recommend for mac

Install WordPress on one of the 2 websites you said you had created. Perhaps you didn't yet create a site at all?

no i did.. hey do you have aim.. so i can bother you there.. you can answer all my little questions in about 5 minutes.. please please its DJMODE5dotCom

You'll find the answers to almost all of your questions right here at ABW just by reading through old threads. You'll find a lot of great info about wordpress at wordpress.org.

so what your saying is.. you cant get on aim.. im not complaing but what could take 5 mintutes with you.. would take 2 3 hours looking through threads.. im at work so i have to stop sometimes.. i wont bug you after today...

I had to spend many hours of research and trial and error. If you are looking for hand holding, you're in the wrong place. I've given you tips and places to go for info. I charge for consulting. FYI-Welcome to my ignore list.
    Last edited by lostdeviant; July 2nd, 2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: ungrateful newbie

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by tahjcarr7
    so what your saying is.. you cant get on aim.. im not complaing but what could take 5 mintutes with you.. would take 2 3 hours looking through threads.. im at work so i have to stop sometimes.. i wont bug you after today...
    Is that a promise?

thats cool.. i understand.. charging for this kinda stuff makes lots of sense.. ill just go in and see how far i can get.. thanks for you help guys

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    Is that a promise?
    yeah auntlily.. if you want to help me on aim.. please do... i wont bug your for ever... after i build my first blog and stuff, ill be set.. i just need someone to give me a jumpstart.. id love that

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread