I was wondering why people dont go into the chat room.. I would like to get to know members in there.
    I felt so lonely in there

ABW Ambassador
    Depends on the time of day.

Often there are 6 or 7 members present.

Everyone seems to converge at the same time and proceed to ignore each other as they have heads down building pages and tweeking sites

Mad Doctor Gfufy

Parasiteware™ Support The Fight

ABW Ambassador
    I used to go in there almost every day, wasn't getting any work done. I'm sure Em is holding the fort down.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

Never really done any chat rooms. Went in there once and felt like I didn't know a thing.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    I'm sure Em is holding the fort down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah--hardly ever go in there anymore. I usually stop in once or twice during the day, but there's usually nobody there. So I leave.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EmDub:
    Nah--hardly ever go in there anymore. I usually stop in once or twice during the day, but there's usually nobody there. So I leave.

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto for me.

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

And I have been a very poor bartender there lately. I think everyone is just busy getting their sites ready for the Christmas season.

[makes not to self...stock up on egg nog for the bar]

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I only went in once and for some reason, kind of felt like an outsider.

I hate chat, because I don't like typing back and forth and it's a tough way to communicate. I'd much rather talk and have a real conversation.

I have been thinking for a while now about having a weekly telephone conference call with affiliates, where we could really discuss issues and brainstorm. If I ever get around to doing this would anyone be up for it?

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage :: zZounds
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: Roadloans :: More Programs Coming Soon!
    </font>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I always loved conversing in my typo style in the Chat room. Just very busy lately and between me and Gordon we need to make sure we get some free drinks for entertaining the troops.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Everyone is going to the ABW chatroom, right? I try to check in once a day and I find one or two folks in there. Maybe if we would make scheduled chat times where specific topics would be delved into, more people would show up and Ron will open the bar

Seriously. Here's the agenda I'm thinking of:

Sunday: 10-11PM Happy Hour
    Discuss anything and everything and don't forget to leave a tip for the bartender.

Monday: 10PM-12AM Market Digest
    Summary of past week major events in the AM industry. New parasites, new programs, bad experiences etc

Tuesday: 8PM Newbie Questions
    Newbies can stop in and ask questions without getting blodgered. AM's should pop-in and answer questions - remember that many affiliates work during the evening hours.

Wednesday: 10PM Make Fun of Newbies
    Just kidding. But you get my drift... if we were to get together and create some sort of scheduled chat where we'll have 20 people participating, that'd be what it's all about.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good idea. Just need to specify timezone.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread