Good morning,
    I have a question. As a new program mngr, I am trying to determine if putting the links on our website "Click here to become an Affiliate" and the like are really worth it. Do you, as an affiliate, use these links to get more information about programs or do you use directories or networks? Thanks so much for your input

Charley's Greenhouse & Garden Supply
    www.charleysgreenhouse.com
    Over 25 Years in the Greenhouse Business

they are worth it, but you could just put in on your FAQ page. If somebody is serious about becoming an affiliate, they are looking for the information. Advertising it on the front page or the bottom of all pages is unnecessary.

IMHO it should be at the bottom of the homepage and perhaps a couple of obvious pages (contact or about us etc). If it isn't on the homepage, I seldom bother to look elsewhere

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>IMHO it should be at the bottom of the homepage and perhaps a couple of obvious pages (contact or about us etc). If it isn't on the homepage, I seldom bother to look elsewhere <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Same with me. Sometimes I will check an about us page if I know for sure they have a program.
    A small affiliates link on the bottom of the page, not needed to be taking up premier selling space higher up on your site is sufficient. If I can't find it easily I don't bother and look for another merchant

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

It should be small at the bottom of the home page.

When I am looking for a merchant, I search for "product type affiliate". You might write a page that comes up for that kind of a search.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

I use it all the time; it’s a place I also share with others.

I think your footer should carry the link. As your footer should be constant you should not have to worry about it once it’s placed.

If I do not see the link at the bottom, and I am interested selling the products I will call and invite the merchant into a program or assist with creating a program for them.

YES its important to have one there.

Just Lurking
    I think down the bottom of the home page is good. I don't like digging through FAQ to find out if you even have a program. Something on the contact page to contact your Affiliate Manager would be nice.

"YES its important to have one."

Agree with that. I think it also shows that you take your Affiliate Program serious. Your Affiliate Program should be considered no less important than your Sales Departments.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I do not include the affiliate link anywhere on my site yet. I just decided that, with the program so young, I'd rather develop it here with ABWers and through shareasale, rather than let my competitors know exactly what I am doing.

They'll figure it out soon enough, when they realize my affiliates are dominating the top 10 for crucial keywords, and I want to have a strong program in place before they can react.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

ABW Ambassador
    Ian, do you have an affiliate program live right now, or are planning to start one and where. Thanks.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

A small 'Affiliates' link at bottom of the home page would be good

This is what I do to find affiliate programs.

I search google for the category term example motorcycles and then enter affiliate in quotes

(motorcycles "affiliate")

If your page is one of the top three results I'll click the one that looks like a good result.

Currently we do have one in place, only a few years old, but I am new on the managing of it.

here is more info on it:

http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/af...affiliates.htm

Thanks for all the input everybody, keep it coming.

Ian Larsen
    Ian@CharleysGreenhouse.com
    Charley's Greenhouse & Garden Supply
    www.charleysgreenhouse.com
    Over 25 Years in the Greenhouse Business

We do have a small graphic near the top of our page, but since we have a two-tier commission schedule, none of our affiliates have complained

Having said that, most of our affiliates have found us by the google search phrase "body jewelry affiliates", as opposed to just stumbling across our program.

I have found that the products-based affiliate marketer is much more focused (i.e. searches for a product-specific niche) in the actual program they are looking for...

Erik

The AllPiercings.com Affiliate Program: 20% LIFETIME Commissions, 5% 2nd Tier Commissions, Affiliate Store Builder, Raw Datafeeds, and Advanced Tools.
    http://www.Allpiercings.com

When I come across a site that I like I always look on the bottom of the home page for a affiliate link.

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

hmmm, this is a very interesting thread, since i saw in another thread that affiliates dont like to see affiliate program links on their merchant websites because they feel that someone will join in order to "get a discount" thereby cheating them out of a commission.

what gives??

(btw, i always look at the bottom of the page or under contact info)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> i saw in another thread that affiliates dont like to see affiliate program links on their merchant websites because they feel that someone will join in order to "get a discount" thereby cheating them out of a commission. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

People that cheap are nothing anyone should worry about. They probably won't even buy from their own links. They will swipe a free paper when they use their McDonald coupon and shop the sales at the damaged freight store.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

ABW Ambassador
    We have NO links anywhere on our site!
    Our program is by invitation only and for the members of ABW.
    We don't need no stinking affiliate link.

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

Affiliate Manager
    We put the link for affiliates at the bottom of every page- but only if you don't have an affiliate cookie already. This means the cheap customer won't use it coming from an affilaite site- but the savvy affilaite marketer can find it- works well for us!

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

As an affiliate -

IMO - small link on homepage - if I come across an interesting site and want to know if they have an affiliate program I will Ctrl F the homepage. If not , I usually don't search further.

Second if I am looking for a program within a certain category , I do search google with a keyword and "affiliate"

Third I also use the networks.

As a AM - I have a small link only on the homepage. The sign-up page has basic information. After an affiliate signs up , there is a special page for affiliates with more program benefits. For example , we give our affiliates a 50% discount on personal purchases. This allows our affiliates to purchase the products and give personal testamonials when promoting. But I don't want people signing up just to get the discount. The special pricing is a "perk" not an incentive.

Toledo Swords - Collectible Heirloom Armory
    http://www.toledoswords.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    For example , we give our affiliates a 50% discount on personal purchases.
    - - - - -

Heh, visions of 50 sword weilding ABWers would probably scare the bejeezus outta any parasites thinking of moving in on our territory, lololol.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

I've gotten to the point where I rarely look past the first page for an affiliate link. I'm not digging.

Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans. http://www.IceIsHot.com

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread