ABW Ambassador
    Merchants all Greyed Out
    I have been trying to join some merchants (ones that offer RSS feeds) but many of them have the button to join greyed out, mostly ones from the UK. I also promote UK merchants, why do Linkshare continue to make it impossible to join up and make these merchants money?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Perhaps it is because these UK merchants have chosen, for whatever reason, to not accept applications from publishers in your country.

As a merchant, I almost made that mistake, thinking because I only shipped to US addresses, I'd only want US publishers. My rep convinced me to open my mind, and I'm glad I did.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by afrayer
    Perhaps it is because these UK merchants have chosen, for whatever reason, to not accept applications from publishers in your country.

As a merchant, I almost made that mistake, thinking because I only shipped to US addresses, I'd only want US publishers. My rep convinced me to open my mind, and I'm glad I did.
    Thanks for your reply. Yes It's a really stupid idea from Linkshare, CJ don't have this limitation and I can apply to any merchant there and it tells me quite clearly what currency and country the merchant is on. I'm sure many of the merchants are completly unaware of this flaw in the LS service.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Thanks for your reply. Yes It's a really stupid idea from Linkshare, CJ don't have this limitation and I can apply to any merchant there and it tells me quite clearly what currency and country the merchant is on. I'm sure many of the merchants are completly unaware of this flaw in the LS service.
    As a merchant, I look at it another way, however. I can't tell you how many publishers apparently apply for everything under the sun, expecting merchants to either spend an excessive amount of time weeding out the clearly unqualified or hoping the merchants set their accounts to accept all comers.

If the publishers would READ the requirements the merchants have for applicants, and only apply when they are truly qualified, there would be less need for the merchants to depend on automation to reduce the application load.

So, as a merchant, I don't look at the LS offering as a flaw, but more as a tool to help me manage my publisher load. Oh, and by the way, the tool defaults to letting all in AND my account rep gave fair warning of what might happen, so I'd be more inclined to lay blame on specific
    merchants than to lay blame on LS in this case.

ABW Ambassador
    I'd be more inclined to lay blame on specific
    merchants than to lay blame on LS in this case.
    ok that's good to know what really goes on on the other side and to make it fair that it is not really LS's fault although they could consider ways to improve this area.

not sure the new interface

but is it we have to be on Linkshare UK account section
    before we can see or apply to UK merchants ?

to me, auto blocking, auto screening, auto filter are all bad,
    even if i am standing on the merchant side.

Because i know these filters are no perfect and stupid that they will block legitimate affiliates as well

so in the end , it is better to have more not so productive affiliates in the team than lose out one or two good affiliates who look elsewhere just because they cannot apply to your program.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    ok that's good to know what really goes on on the other side and to make it fair that it is not really LS's fault although they could consider ways to improve this area.
    I've just checked my Linkshare a/c here in the UK. I have two domains registered with Linkshare. The first one I checked had all the US merchants greyed out including the one in afrayer's profile. On the other URL none of the merchants were greyed out. I can't remember what I did differently when I added the second domain in LS. But it appears to be a Linkshare policy rather than a merchant one.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread