Does anyone know how much CJ, BeFree and Linkshare charge to "actively manage" an affiliate program? What's the going rate from them and what are consultants charging? I'm curious to find out what % of biz or $ figure is being charged for these services.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

tbas,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...104#3706097104

Consultants / OPMs usually charge / cost $2-5K a month plus a percentage of generated sales.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    welcome tbas

Could you define "actively manage" ?

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    I recently was quoted 2250 + 2000 deposit by CJ and BeFree.

When you talk to them or I should say if you talk to them BeFree knocks CJ about their operation.

But I'm told that CJ will give you affiliates contacts to promote your program. BeFree only will supply their premier partners about 170
    of those 40% are bad email address.

Your other option get a forum here start your own program.

Henry
    Affiliate Manager
    <font face=verdana size=1 >Migizzi Inc d/b/a</font> Pets-Warehouse.com

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>10%/90 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    </font>
    Henry@Pets-Warehouse.com<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>
    >< )))ยบ> 631.789.5400 / Pets-Warehouse.com
    </font>

I think tbas is looking more for actual program management... tbas it all depends on who and how good they are.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tbas:
    Does anyone know how much CJ, BeFree and Linkshare charge to "actively manage" an affiliate program? What's the going rate from them and what are consultants charging? I'm curious to find out what % of biz or $ figure is being charged for these services.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome tbas,

Welcome to our family. Haiko's post is right on the money, from 2K - 5K plus a % of sales increased.

The other thing you need to consider is their experience and their track record. You should lean towards someone with a proven track record of program management.

There are many of us here on this board that can help you..

Thanks,

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merchant_Consultant_Team:
    welcome tbas

Could you define "actively manage" ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well....I guess that's not the greatest choice of words, but if you sign up with a big 3 program and don't have an in-house affiliate manager, you pay the provider to do things like recruiting, etc. I'm wondering what they charge.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pet Dealer:
    But I'm told that CJ will give you affiliates contacts to promote your program.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I heard CJ recommend certain affiliates.

Download Site Map Creator Today

Haiko's thread shows the costs of starting a program, but I don't think those are the additional costs of actually managing that program. I have to assume that it's close to 2% of sales, but am unsure. How about you consultants....what do you charge?

ABW Ambassador
    >the greatest choice of words

That's exactly what I thought you were asking about. THAT is an extra charge, if they will actually do it.

>How about you consultants
    The cost will be based upon YOUR program & THEIR "track record"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Merchant_Consultant_Team:
    >the greatest choice of words

That's exactly what I thought you were asking about. THAT is an extra charge, if they will actually do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know BeFree offers the service and I think LinkShare does too. There are plenty of consultants out there that will manage programs. I'll bet Andy Rodriguez plays in that space. So how much Andy???

UH....Would you actually consider letting CJ manage your program? What are you thinking?

Good grief! Hire Andy or Linda, for pity sakes.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

ABW Ambassador
    >Good grief! Hire Andy or Linda, for pity sakes.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Just pick up the phone!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tbas:
    There are plenty of consultants out there that will manage programs. I'll bet Andy Rodriguez plays in that space. So how much Andy???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbas,

No disrespect meant.....

However, you need to know that many of us have been around the block a few times. There are NOT many consultants out there that will run programs....not properly anyways...

I do play in that space, and i play very well....well enough not to get baited into this thread..

You registered yesterday, this is your 4th post....c'mon...give us some credit...

If you are a real merchant, in need of professional program management, you are welcomed to contact any of us by e-mail and we will take it from there...

Again, no disrespect meant in my comments, however there are more flags here that in last Sunday night's Dolphin game !

AndyRodriguez.com
    and Consulting Services

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> UH....Would you actually consider letting CJ manage your program? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk about a conflict of interest!

So I could manage a program and sign them up for all the big parasites and collect $2k plus 2%?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Rodriguez:
    ...there are more flags here that in last Sunday night's Dolphin game ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I'm wondering what kind of commission the CJ sales reps get for landing a new merchant.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm wondering what kind of commission the CJ sales reps get for landing a new merchant.

NOT SURE ABOUT THAT
    but I'm sure it's a lot more for a parasite.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I too smell something fishy, but I'll bite!

I'm more than happy to share my fees with someone who seems to be sniffing out competitive rates before they launch. Those who know me, know I am always willing to share advice and help whenever I can.

My current fee for full service outsourced management is $10,000 a month plus 5% bonus on sales over $2,000.

Seriously though...
    I just heard from someone at CJU that CJ is pushing a new outsourced management service for $6,000 a month. I heard it from a very good source, but can't guarantee it.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage :: zZounds
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: Roadloans :: More Programs Coming Soon!
    </font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catalyst:
    My current fee for full service outsourced management is $10,000 a month plus 5% bonus on sales over $2,000. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damm Linda,

I guess i better lower my standard 15k per month consulting fee so i stay competitive ehh?

And i though getting paid $100.00 per affiliate sign up was cheap ....

I need to revise my fees....

AndyRodriguez.com
    and Consulting Services

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Andy,

It's Ok you can stay at 15K. Notice I stressed CURRENT fees? My fees are going up to 15K a month on Oct 1st, so we'll both be right in the ballpark.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    <FONT size="1">ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage :: zZounds
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: Roadloans :: More Programs Coming Soon!
    </font>

ABW Ambassador
    This thread has gone on long enough imo

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread