Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager WebHostingBuzz's Avatar
    Thumbs up A little about myself...
    Hi

My name is Saf (short and simple) and I would be your head affiliate manager for the WebHostingBuzz affiliate program. In a few days time other managers would be posting their intials so that you can get in touch with them whenever required.

My email is sm[at]webhostingbuzz.com. Kindly contact me for any queries you may have regarding this program or you can call 1.800.252.1887 if you feel like talking to someone in person though email communication is generally preferred as the lines can get quite busy during the day.

Just to make it brief...

We have teamed up with Commission Junction to provide our publishers with trusted third-party tracking, real-time reporting, and monthly commission checks. If you are already a Commission Junction Publisher, you can skip the form and sign up for the WebHostingBuzz.com Program directly through the Commission Junction Member's Area

Happy Earnings...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Why does WebHostingBuzz have a logo that begins with what looks to all the world to be a "U"? (UebHostingBuzz)

... and welcome to ABestWeb.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Hello AffiliateHound,

Thanks for the wishes. I am happy to be part of this community.

Regarding W bit, I do not think it looks completely like a U. It is just a font our designer chose to create.

I am not much of an artist but I can tell it is a W.

OK, by graphical standards it may be a "stylized" letter "W." However, it sure looks like a "U" to me. I just asked three people who walked past my computer (holiday weekend and I've got a laptop on the dining room table) and they all said your page logo is "UHB." I had covered the page and only showed them the logo.

Then I showed Mrs. Beachy your whole page and pointed to your Corporate Name. She asked, "If their name is Web Hosting Biz why are they using UHB in their logo?"

Your designer's attempt to be fancy may actually hurt your branding. Sorry, but IMHO that's the way it looks.

On another note: Welcome to ABW, Saf. Looks like you have a nice program.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

It does like a yuuuuuuu.

Personally, to me I couldn't care less how a logo for a web host looks like. I can't remember any of the hosts' logos I have used. Not that it is many because I found one from the beginning that was top notch so I have only tried 4 others to experiment and compare. The only thing that's impt to me is that within couple of minutes of sending a support ticket that I get a response from someone, not an autoresponder, 24/7. But I would change my avvy from Big Bird to match your logo so you can be taken seriously.

Nice site and welcome.

Here ya go. That'll be $137 please.

BTW, welcome to ABW!
    Attached Images Attached Images

X

added the compliment to Boomers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Here ya go. That'll be $137 please.

BTW, welcome to ABW!
    Much better.

Nicely done, Boomers.
    Last edited by Beachy; July 4th, 2008 at 03:34 PM.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Told ya so, Saf, but did you listen to me? Noooooooooooo.

Way to go, Boomers.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I agree with others that the logo absolutely looks like "UHB" to me, even when shown in context. No matter how many times I look at it, I still see a "U" and not a "W" -- I understand that it's intended to be a "W" in a stylized font, but it's still actually a "U" with a parallelogram inside.

Boomers' changed version of the logo seems an ideal solution to me (I might narrow the center-stroke to match the centerstroke in the H).

Other feedback: When I visited your site to seek information on dedicated servers, I see that they are "out of stock." When I look at "web hosting," I see that your "budget plans" deliver much more storage and bandwidth than your more expensive business or reseller plans -- which is likely to "turn off" more serious customers.

Another issue for me is that as an affiliate, if I refer to "WebHostingBuzz.com," my visitors are quite likely to think that the site is a review or forum site (like WebHostingTalk), not a merchant. Indeed, if I'd seen your program listed under 'new programs' in a network, I'd make the same assumption, and might not even join your program.

I also agree that the Big Bird avatar isn't ideal.

Welcome, and good luck.

Nice Boomers.

I think that logo looks much better since the "W" now matches the way the "H" looks.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I might narrow the center-stroke to match the centerstroke in the H.
    Ya, I thought the exact same thing, but then I figured, nah, the $137 wouldn't cover the additional work...

My username is red in this thread like Haiko's usually is. Wonder what's up with that. Anyone else seeing red?

X

Alright mates...I GIVE UP!. Our designer has gone for a vacation with his girl friend to Turkey and Germany but he should be back in about two to three days or so. I am going to direct him to this thread so that he can contact the corporate heads for a change!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    My username is red in this thread like Haiko's usually is. Wonder what's up with that. Anyone else seeing red?
    Yeah, you're red. Weird.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I agree with others that the logo absolutely looks like "UHB" to me, even when shown in context. No matter how many times I look at it, I still see a "U" and not a "W" -- I understand that it's intended to be a "W" in a stylized font, but it's still actually a "U" with a parallelogram inside.
    Hey Mark. As said earlier I am having a designer look into this but I doubt it would be changed soon enough though. We are happy with the way it looks at the moment. Slight alteration might be done with the logo but I cannot promise it would be done.

Boomers' changed version of the logo seems an ideal solution to me (I might narrow the center-stroke to match the centerstroke in the H).
    I have contacted the designer regarding this already but this has been our corporate identity for years now without many issues.

Other feedback: When I visited your site to seek information on dedicated servers, I see that they are "out of stock." When I look at "web hosting," I see that your "budget plans" deliver much more storage and bandwidth than your more expensive business or reseller plans -- which is likely to "turn off" more serious customers.
    We are out of the current stock at the moment but that does not mean we are not offering dedicated servers. Please note that WebHostingBuzz is not a small time hosting company. We have quite a few number of high profiled clients including the 4th largest email system on the internet and we power one of the largest domain registrars you see today. Our budget hosting plans are just like any other plan you would see around the net. We have a fair usage policy on these and this is pretty much normal with all shared/budget hosting companies now days. --- reseller plans are meant for online businesses that want to start their own hosting companies ---- business hosting plans are basically meant for high CPU intensive websites.

Even though we are not selling dedicated servers on the website at the moment, we are still completing lots of offline contracts with lots of companies out there just because we have a solid background.

Another issue for me is that as an affiliate, if I refer to "WebHostingBuzz.com," my visitors are quite likely to think that the site is a review or forum site (like WebHostingTalk), not a merchant. Indeed, if I'd seen your program listed under 'new programs' in a network, I'd make the same assumption, and might not even join your program.
    I wish I could give you a satisfactory answer on this one but seriously I cannot nor have we ever had any such issue with the webhostingbuzz brand name. The only I can promise you are the conversions for qualified visitors. I guarantee you, your money would not go to waste if you put your trust in this name. We power companies like www.com, namecheap.com, platformic.com (comcast use them) and various others.

I also agree that the Big Bird avatar isn't ideal.
    Haha. Thanks mate. I was trying to find suitable graphic. Just getting there..

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostingBuzz
    I have contacted the designer regarding this already but this has been our corporate identity for years now without many issues.
    hmmm.... you've had this corporate identity for years? But the logo is different as recently as just a year ago.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200707041...stingbuzz.com/

Even the last archived image in August 2007 shows a different logo.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200708282...stingbuzz.com/

Personally, I don't care what your logo looks like. But that statement has me confused.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

hmmm.... you've had this corporate identity for years? But the logo is different as recently as just a year ago.
    That was meant to be a broad and not a literal statement in terms of meaning and writing.

In regards to my previous response what I do fail to understand is the real issue or confusion in terms of me representing webhostingbuzz as an affiliate manager for which the thread was started for.

I truly appreciate your feedback and we would surely be looking into redefining the logo's infamous W however I would certainly be more interested in addressing your concern in regards to the program in question.

Affiliate Manager
    Hello All,

My first post here. I'm the Chief Operating Officer at WHB and oversee all of our operations. We have a full time designer who created our brand and site and I do agree the W could be emphasized a little more. Unfortunately, he's on a 3 week vacation (I guess designers who are top of their game can afford to do this!) and his wife wouldn't let him take a laptop with him, so it's something we can address when he's back.

I'd definitely be interested in affiliates thoughts on a revised logo as you guys above all else understand the power of the brand.

Get sending us some sales too. Reprinting company stationery and business cards for our entire team ain't cheap

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch

Mark,

I appreciate your input. Our dedicated server line is currently being revamped and we list servers as out of stock (in reality, we have a stock room full of servers) but do sell them to customers if they inquire.

The reason we haven't been mass selling them is that we're deploying a new automated provisioning system and control panel allowing much more user control of their server (cold reboots, automated bandwidth billing, etc.).

To be perfectly honest with you, we started as primarly a shared and reseller hosting company and we introduced dedicated to assess demand. As a company, we did not want to mass sell before we were ready and our new systems are the final piece of that jigsaw as we go head to head with HostGator and LiquidWeb on the dedicateds.

Next, onto the business hosting. Think of it like a business airline seat - more space, fewer people in the cabin and generally a "nicer" experience. Our budget hosting is one of the best out there but inevitably, a server can get overloaded due to a bad script, spammer, etc.
    Business hosting servers have far fewer users so a lower probability of an incident, as well as the business user generally being more server friendly. Our challenge, and yours as affiliates that work with us, is getting the end-user to see the value of this. We get a decent amount of business signups, so I think we're doing okay but we're a human company and always open to feedback.

We do have VPS launching before the end of the month too which will compliment our product lines.

Once again, thank you for your input. You guys have an excellent understanding of the power of branding and marketing and it's an educational experience for us reading these posts. I'm going to have all of our senior management team register on here and become involved too.

Matt

Hey all,

Just to let you know we are revising the W with the management and you should see a slight variation of it being marketed again in the near future hopefully.

Happy Earnings.
    Saf - WebHostingBuzz
    Commissions r us!

Saf and Matt,

It may be minutia and unrelated, but trust me, it's not.

The first impression is what another person’s impression of you [your company] is formed. Online it's via their logo first ... so, if the logo is confusing or just "not correct / askew" (as with the over stylized 'W') it could be a potential barrier as consumers (or in this case affiliates) translate that confusion to your brand, products, employees and company. I'm a strong believer in the "don't make me think" approach to logos, as such I also saw a "schism" with the W and felt a bit uneasy also.

This move [the design change] is a great demonstration of how an issue is escalated up the chain of command, prioritized, addressed and acted on within your company our seeing this as potential affiliates (and customers) is priceless ... it provides proof positive and edification of how strong of a company webhosting buzz actually is and how they handle things, even the most obscure ones.

Bravo

Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 13th, 2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added Join Now link.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Haiko,

Thanks for the followup. I am great believer in sharing ideas and opinions with a greater audience. A group of people collaborating is a lot more productive. We do this with our staff, we do this with our clients and now we look forward to doing it with our affiliates.

Matt

Thanks for the kind words Haiko.
    Though I am speaking from an inside opinion as a member of WHB, I always try and keep everything honest and open regardless. I can say that without a doubt, the WHB management team is exactly that, a team. Not only a closely knit internal team, but a group that as Matt said, is open to collaboration with partners from many areas of expertise.

But enough of that, my point was to also thank everyone here for their opinions and reviews, it does not go unnoticed.

Affiliate Manager
    New logo will go live next week with a revitalised W

Hi All,

Well, I am the first one here from the Ukrainian part of our WHB team and that is a pleasure to meet you all. Really wanted to thank you for taking interest in what we do and for all your comments and suggestions.
    I know you have been already told about what a good team we are so I can just add one more thing that will proove this fact. We all live in more than 4 countries in Europe, America and Asia and some of our team members have never seen each other before. However we managed to understand each other using just messengers and emails, we know each other by avatars and nicknames and that is what we all are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast