Cool superCool goes fishing
    superCool took a break for some fishing today (4th of July) and came away with these crappie.

only 9 of them but a few were pretty decent. they are all cleaned up and waiting to be fried tomorrow night with some from the freezer.

some may think that fishing is not "cool", but they are oh so wrong. few things are cooler than a fish fry with friends, fried fish, freedom fries and beer....YUM

Meadowmufn loves the word "crappie". (Yes, Meadowmufn knows how it's pronounced.)

Have a great fish fry! If the lake wasn't so crowded this weekend, Mr. and Mrs. Meadowmufn would be trout fishing....
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Those look deelicious! Great way to spend the fourth - and the fifth

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    SuperCool is a little fishy killer!

J/K - enjoy the fish fry.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Nice catch! I always did like crappies. Caught enough of them. My Dad and I used to fish the river near home back when it was polluted and the fish had a sulfur taste - since virtually nobody harvested the fish, the river was just loaded with them. We would catch crappies by the stringers-full for our neighbor that smoked them (in a smokehouse). Now the river is cleaned up and guess what? Fishing stinks!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Ewwwww!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Super Cool beer with super cool fried Crappie is always a super cool way to spend cool quality time with super friends. Enjoy the high fat fish fry SC!!! LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Ooohhh, they look good.

Ofcourse I have never had crappie but ladidah likes fish and fishing.

Have fun supercool with your friends!

Nice catch, superCool. I went out fishing today and caught a few yellow perch, and a few roach [as here]. My mother-in-law's cats had a feast!

I'm always interested in recipes of fish dishes. I did try the fried crappie (but personally prefer fried bluegill much more). Cheesehead has mentioned smoked crappie. Is it good? I may need to try and smoke a few one day too.

Geno

superCool,

A question to you too: how did you get these? What kind of bait did you use?

G.

Geno, superCool has a small fishing boat and caught most of these crappie on bridge pilings in a local reservoir. crappie can also be caught around submerged trees. we call it standing timber here in Texas - trees that were growing when the river was dammed. crappie like minnows and jigs around here. superCool used a 1/8 ounce jig-head with this jig body. the crappie on superCool's lake like this color best - it probably has something to do with the dingy water color.

superCool fried these up in a deep fryer using Tony Chachere's Seasoned Fish Fry. it was SO GOOD...stomach is still so full. the two little semiCools ate until they couldn't eat another bite. superCool thinks crappie are best deep fried - pan frying or other methods don't work well because the meat gets soft. deep frying holds it all together very nicely.

superCool smoked some crappie once, but they were hard to roll and wouldn't stay lit. superCool's favorite way to cook fish is to blacken them. this doesn't work well with crappie because they are too flakey, but white bass are really good blackened. bluegills might be good too. so spicy and good......and buttery!

superCool might take the two semiCools out tomorrow to see if the fish are biting. they usually like to play and swim more than fish, but if the fish are biting you never know. they fed superCool breakfast in bed this morning as a bribe to take them to the museum. how can you turn that down? we went to 2 museums today so they should be ready for some outdoor fun.

As always you are SuperCool

You might want to sing When The Boat Comes In
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    superCool used a 1/8 ounce jig-head with this jig body. the crappie on superCool's lake like this color best - it probably has something to do with the dingy water color.
    Never tried one like this. Need to purchase a few and try 'em out inthe dingy Virginia waters too. So far my best jig body has been the attached one. It has worked wonders for me in the U.S., UK, Finland and Russia (on smaller lakes in while bank fishing -- for bass, panfish, perch, etc).

What age are your "two little semiCools"? :-)

G.

PS: BTW, a country where one can buy a 15-pack of jig bodies for $1.30 or even less should consider itself blessed. In Russia they sell them by piece, and each costs around 35 US cents. That's $5.25 for a 15-pack! Outrageous!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My hubby is out fishing, he fishes almost every day and would love to come home with what you caught We have his Bass mounted over our fireplace, he would kill for a white bass!!!!!....I'm a fishing widow He's the fisherman and I'm the mini mechanic
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes that could also be attributed to fish.

MEAT IS MURDER
    tasty, tasty, murder

Sheri

Or...

There is a place for all of Gods creatures,
    right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Very nice catch! I love to fish. I plan on going this afternoon.... I have got to get away from this computer for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri
    MEAT IS MURDER
    tasty, tasty, murder
    that sounds like Homer Simpson talking....one of America's greatest minds

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread