ABW Ambassador
    Little Things that Annoy You
    Feel welcome to post here any things on CJ that annoy you like user interface issues. (maybe CJ developers will read this and improve)

The first two I have are:

Default Link site
    Recently CJ changed the order of the sites when you go to get links. We should have options in our profile to select default websites so we don't have to keep selecting this in links etc.

Extra Clicking
    There seems to be a lot of pages that are obvioulsy not hard tested by developers as you always seem to have to make extra cicks to get to where you should be anyway like when you go to check a status of a support ticket you always land on the old tickets, why not start descending order to show us the latest ticket first? Linkshare are even worse at this.

There are many more but these will do to start it off.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Remembering defaults throughout CJ - would be a big plus. It is annoying to always have to be selecting the type of code for the links - the website,etc.

THE OTHER THING IS MORE SMART ZONE TYPES.

IT is absurd the limitations on the size of creatives for Smart Zones - Smart Zones should be available for any creative size / type. It is stupid it is just for buttons.

Pulling up and down creative is one of the worst parts of CPA - and smart zones are a big help to management.

just had this problem tonight - went into Product Links/Search for a merchant...clicked a link to see the details...finish up and want to go back to the products page...doh! no back button. had to close the window and then come back in from the Get Links page. kind of a pain when you're trying to grab several dozen product links

maybe superCool is just doing something wrong - looked hard for a way to get back to the products page..???

ABW Ambassador
    Hi kceleb9, actually it is possible to make a SmartZone for any size banner but I know it appears like it is limited with the way CJ have presented it with options of sizes. All you need to do is select "Banner Free" from the "type and size" drop down list when you go to create a new SZ. Just make sure all of your banners you use are of the same size.

On the subject of Smart Zones I would like to also complain that once a Merchant is no longer active then the smart zone links for that merchant should automatically be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by kceleb9
    Remembering defaults throughout CJ - would be a big plus. It is annoying to always have to be selecting the type of code for the links - the website,etc.

IT is absurd the limitations on the size of creatives for Smart Zones - Smart Zones should be available for any creative size / type. It is stupid it is just for buttons.

Pulling up and down creative is one of the worst parts of CPA - and smart zones are a big help to management.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by kceleb9

I hear your pain with the SmartZones - I'd never use them myself, as I tend to like running everything through a custom back-end for my actual content site, but they do seem really lacking. Have you given Google Ad Manager a try to manage your ad placements? That seems like a good alternative.

As for my #1 complaint at the moment... CJ really needs to fix their technical end, so I don't get kicked out so often. I was told 2 weeks ago that CJ was aware of the specific issue, but nothing has changed.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread