Hey Folks,

Victor here from BettyMills. Well, I just got back from the eye of Hurricane Marty in Cabo San Lucas. Got trapped on my last day as I was headed out. The storm built quickly and the airlines shut down last minute, so I found some shelter, sat through the storm and basically was trapped in a sweltering hot and humid hotel for an extra two days with no electricity, phones, air condition, lights and occasional shutdown of running water. Yuk.

If you've never been in a hurricane, and I don't think this one was classified as really all that bad, all I can tell you was that the storm doors in some of the rooms were popping out of their tracks and flying across the rooms and the hotel's heavy cement roof tiles were flying around in the outside winds like bats in the night.

There was a point during what appeared to be the storm's high peak, when all the proverbial 'needles were pinned' that I took cover inside the bathroom of my quickly flooding room so that the windows didn't shatter on top of me, and not a second later, in both the two rooms next to mine, the sliding glass doors both blew out, shattering and landing on the guests. It was mayhem- at least where I was situated.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it... but in any case I'm back in the hood.

I'm behind on a few of your emails but will have them all taken care of tomorrow.

Regards,

Victor Hanna
    The BettyMills Company
    http://www.BettyMills.com
    http://affiliates.bettymills.com/
    The BettyMills ABW Forum

Gads -- I hope you get a good night's sleep before diving back into work. You must be exhausted.

On the other hand, going to work may sound pretty relaxing, compared to that kind of a "vacation".

-- Mike

ABW Ambassador
    We got some winds from the last hurricane. We live in Vermont, and the wind was powerful enough to break a huge tree into two and land on our house.
    I have never experienced a hurricane itself, but I now know how powerful they can be if one can break a tree so far up from where it hit the USA.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com/treeonhouse.html

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hurricanes sux. Isabel took out my power near Philadelphia for two and a half days. In the darkness, as the storm raged on, the sky was lighting up with ghostly flashes all over the place, which I assume was tree limbs hitting the remaining live power lines.

Victor wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The storm built quickly and the airlines shut down last minute, so I found some shelter, sat through the storm and basically was trapped in a sweltering hot and humid hotel for an extra two days with no electricity, phones, air condition, lights and occasional shutdown of running water. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Sounds like a good beginning for a short story in the New Yorker.

Andy

Victor, did you remember to leave your business card with the hotel manager

ABW Ambassador
    I have my own Hurricane Marty at home that's probably tearing things up and making a mess while I'm here at my j*b... our little black cat's name is Marty & he's definitely as destructive as any real hurricane

CarSites.us - Free promotion for your automotive-related sites!

Die Parasites Die!!

With the exception of several guests sustaining some injuries, the Hurricane itself was actually quite a blast to experience.

The most incredible moments to witness are the final, most brutal minutes just before entering the eye of the storm. Your about thinking the world is coming to an end, and then all of a sudden, everything stops on a dime- no wind, no rain, no sound, nothing. Very eerie...

That's when you walk outside and survey the damage and while doing so, you can hear the second stage of the storm winding its way up toward you for Part II which is still to come.

I never knew a hotel could howl and whistle as loud as this one did. I concluded that they must not design hotels in wind tunnels for optimal wind acoustics

Victor Hanna
    The BettyMills Company
    http://www.BettyMills.com
    http://affiliates.bettymills.com/
    The BettyMills ABW Forum

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread