Serious Question ... Opinions Wanted Revisited.
    Okay ... here's the question.

How much would you be willing to pay CPM for 3 million impressions/month in which your 180x150 banner was one of only 4 merchant banner offers on single page with one text link ad and a leaderboard at the bottom of the page.

Traffic would all come from natural SERP, PPCSE and affiliate generated click thrus. Also, the page(s) would be 'category' specific - such as insurance, cellphone, coupons, etc, with some targetting built in.

You can break it down further into:

USA/Canada traffic
    Worldwide traffic

There will be no pop-unders or overs, no page view tricks. All the traffic would come direct from a REAL click thru or typle in.

The idea is basically for merchants, but I have some major affiliate types interested. So what do you think would be a fair price to start with?

3 million non unique impressions or unique?

Let Them Be Uniques
    Daily uniques ... no bots ... one view per 24 hours is the goal. Might have some slop but not much. We have some serious filters in place for most of
    the traffic.

I can't control people returning to view offers or to see if something offered is still available. The deal I have going now with a major player is 80% unique for each days impressions monthly average.

Basically, we are talking 100,000 impressions per day. SERPS are not a problem. But, PPCSE and affiliates are all monitored closely.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If it was CNN...well if I had to take all 3MM imps, they'd probably charge more than it'd cost me to buy acreage in FL!

But if it's the site I'm thinking of, $0.00; I do want some sales, and with all those other ads the branding effect is too diluted to go for that instead. And there probably isn't enough rank juice there for the links to give me a SERP bonus either, so...

If you are getting 3 million uniques a month you probably have people coming after you offering 10,000 a month for ad placement unless you hae so many ads it's not worth it.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread