LinkGenerator Service not working?
    First I thought there is an error with reporting starting July 1, but today I checked and it it looks like LinkGenerator Service is not working.

It just returns "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" on all merchants I tested with, all of them where fine before July 1. Anyone else seeing this?

Good the system has a backup plan and just falls back to direct links to products on merchant website otherwise I would end up with with about 40.000 plus dead links.

Quote Originally Posted by virap
    First I thought there is an error with reporting starting July 1, but today I checked and it it looks like LinkGenerator Service is not working.

It just returns "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable" on all merchants I tested with, all of them where fine before July 1. Anyone else seeing this?

Good the system has a backup plan and just falls back to direct links to products on merchant website otherwise I would end up with with about 40.000 plus dead links.
    I just tried it on my testing account, and it worked for me just fine. No errors at all.

Maybe it was a fleeting outage?

Thanks afrayer, good then the service is fine and something could be wrong on my end. Link syntax was not changed, it is relatively new site so could not do more than 1000 requests an hour. Not sure what happened, wrote to linkshare, will see what they say. I wish the error message was more specific.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread