OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Found this on PMA and thought interesting....
    Noticed the Performance Marketing Alliance Q&A on the Boston summit agenda and the only speaker is Rebecca Madigan. She is also listed as a speaker on the first item on the agenda along with several others. Thought it was interesting!

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Rebecca and others have been very busy liaising with us and others over our side of the pond. The PMA will proceed. A meeting of minds between the PMA and the IAB will I am sure be quite positive.

The thoughts that there could eventually be a trans-atlantic marketing lobby is frankly quite exciting.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

The FAB elections should be final tonight (and announced sometime soon, I expect), so I would expect the list of panelists to grow between now and Affiliate Summit.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Michael,

I believe he's making reference that Rebbecca is an employee of Anik's and after the PMA FAB is formed, she would revert to her duties as an employee and the FAB would be speaking. I guess that's not the case as now she's apparently talking with Foreign entities .... interesting ... considering that she works for Anik. HMMM

The reference to the first group was:

Join Affiliate Classroom for a half-day workshop dedicated to Affiliate Managers. Packed with tips, advice and how-to information, this workshop will include Networking opportunities so you can meet one another and begin building relationships. Plus, Roundtable Discussions where you can meet with your peers and a topical expert to discuss affiliate marketing best practices and advanced affiliate management strategies.

Learn from and interact with industry professionals including Peter Figueredo, Trisha Lyn Fawver, Lee "The Lead Man" Gientke, Sam Harrelson, Rebecca Madigan, Heather Paulson, Lisa Riolo and Brad Waller.

For more information and to register, visit: AffiliateClassroomLIVE.com.
    That list looks very familiar to the list of nominees of the FAB, if not the original group (bold added by me). Obviously another incident of mere happenstance.

I guess we'll all be better people when we realize what they have decided ...
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Saw this at the eComXpo + eTailXpo Wednesday: http://image.exct.net/lib/ff34137071...%20eComXpo.pdf

Panel Discussion: Why Affiliate Marketing Needs An Association Now!
    Moderator: Linda Woods, President, PartnerCentric, Inc.,
    Panelists: Brad Waller, VP Business & Affiliate Development, EPage, Inc.,
    Brook Schaaf, Principal, Schaaf Consulting
    Rebecca Madigan, Consultant, Affiliate Classroom, Inc. and Performance Marketing Alliance
    Several prominent members of the affiliate marketing industry will discuss the latest efforts to form the Performance Marketing
    Alliance, an association that will be dedicated to improving and standardizing the industry for the benefit of affiliates, merchants,
    networks and agencies. Standardizing elements like datafeeds and banners, providing research and best practices for members

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Panelists: Brad Waller, VP Business & Affiliate Development, EPage, Inc., Brook Schaaf, Principal, Schaaf Consulting, Rebecca Madigan, Consultant, Affiliate Classroom, Inc. and Performance Marketing Alliance
    Interesting ...

Quote Originally Posted by brookschaaf
    The association .... because it does not exist yet
    Quote Originally Posted by brookschaaf
    I don't control an organization that doesn't exist yet. Neither does the non-existent board.
    Since Brook, Brad and Rebbecca will now answer questions on a panel does that mean that they are part of it even though they disclaimed any association when it "didn't exist" even though throughout the PMA site it said they were a part of it.

Another confusing part is that they are part of it even before the voting is done (midnight tonight) ... or results announced ... HMMM

Or is this another non-existent board or just more bucket loads of lies from them?

Please tell me that I am not the only one confused?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

We are all marketers. We market our good ideas and our bad ones. Time will tell which one this falls under.

-sfcom

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Please tell me that I am not the only one confused?
    You're not the only one confused. I'm extremely confused. I'd like to know how an organization that is so far down in the early planning stages can have representatives - unelected representatives, no less - at industry events.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

ABW Ambassador
    Nothing to be confused about. This was their idea, has been for years and past attempts. This is their puppy.

I WAS having a nice evening...

X

My "confusion" was more sarcasm than anything else. It's becoming quite clear who's running the show.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread