Results 1 to 4 of 4
September 25th, 2003, 09:44 AM #1
Just got this email from Linda Woods.
This cracked me up ALL day.... hilarious.....enjoy!
Subject: New Words of the Day
The Washington Post's Style Invitational once again asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition. Here are the 2003 winners:
1. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
2. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly
3. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
4. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
5. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.
6. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
7. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
8. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
9. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
10. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido: All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a grub in the fruit you're eating.
And the pick of the literature:
18. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an ass.
I'm sure some of these new words will be helpful to many of you in your posts.
Let's see how many new and even better words the creative minds at ABW can come up with. (This should be fun!)
Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
<FONT size="1">ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage :: zZounds
DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: Roadloans :: More Programs Coming Soon!
September 25th, 2003, 09:50 AM #2
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- St Clair Shores MI.
ROLMAO ...I won't be the same today due to these tid-bits of wisdom. Pass these on to those you love or hate.
Mike & Charlie ...
If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..
September 25th, 2003, 09:53 AM #3
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
- Nunya, Business
Funny, was checking around and found this:
The Washington Post recently published a contest for readers in which they were asked to supply alternate meanings for various words.
The following are some of the winning entries:
Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
Balderdash (n.), a rapidly receding hairline.
Circumvent (n.), the opening in the front of boxer shorts.
Coffee (n.), a person who is coughed upon.
Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.
Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.
Flatulence (n.) the emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
Frisbatarianism (n.), The belief that, when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck there.
Gargoyle (n.), an olive-flavored mouthwash.
Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.
Negligent (adj.) , describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightie.
Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddish expressions.
Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified demeanor assumed by a proctologist immediately before he examines you.
Testicle (n.), a humorous question on an exam.
Willy-nilly (adj.), impotent.
"The successful man is the average man, focused."
September 25th, 2003, 10:44 AM #4
- Join Date
- January 17th, 2005
Some of those words are definately worth a good chuckle .
By Sarah Bundy in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 1Last Post: August 13th, 2009, 03:54 PM
By iloveshoes in forum PopShopsReplies: 2Last Post: May 2nd, 2009, 12:00 AM
By JeremyHFSykes in forum Virtual Family and Off-TopicReplies: 1Last Post: October 8th, 2008, 10:24 AM
By smesser in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 62Last Post: May 18th, 2005, 08:59 PM
By dnathan in forum Commission Junction - CJReplies: 9Last Post: May 13th, 2004, 07:37 AM