How does the New Post Button work?
    I'am having trouble understanding how the New Posts button is used in the search function.

For example, the New Posts button shows 324 new posts.
    But when I press it, I get two screens of 80 posts.

When I hit the Zero Replies button, I get 50 screens of 16,861 posts, all of which have never been replied to, but not all of which are new posts.

When I hit "Mark All As Read," the New Post button is reset to zero and I'm send back to the index.

How do I get the New Post button to show all of the 324 new posts? I feel like Iím missing a lot.

New posts displays post count but listings are shown as threads, not posts. Any number of new posts may exist in a lesser number of threads...

X

Oh. So, per my example, the count of 324 is the count of the number of posts, and the count of 80 is the number of threads and I am seeing all the new stuff when I push the "new posts" button. Thanks for clearing that up.

I tell you, sometimes I think twenty years of computer programming has left me stupider than some of the machines!

I use the New Posts link constantly to keep track of the latest additions. When the screen gets cluttered with threads I've read or am not interested in I hit the MARK ALL AS READ link to get rid of the clutter and start fresh. I virtually never browse the forums by category.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    I use the New Posts link constantly to keep track of the latest additions. When the screen gets cluttered with threads I've read or am not interested in I hit the MARK ALL AS READ link to get rid of the clutter and start fresh. I virtually never browse the forums by category.
    I have a similar strategy. I look through the threads just before I go to bed then "Mark all as read". In the morning I have a new list to look through.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread