Question Blogging vs Web Site Results
    I have had an affiliate web site for a few years now. As I am always expanding the content on the site and trying to improve my market, over the past couple of months I have started blogging.

What I have noticed is that my blog for some reason gets better results in affiliate sales than my web site. The links get picked up by google faster and I receive a great number of hits. The niche market is the same on the web site and blog.

No complaints just wondering if anyone has more sucess with their blog then their web site? Also since I am new to blogging is it okay to make several posts on your blog in one day or does this effect your site in any way?

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Have you noticed where your referring traffic is coming from on the blog?

My guess is that you're ranking favorably for product-specific searches on Google et al.

If you're getting traffic straight from product searches (for example from blog posts that feature product reviews) you're lovin' it. I've seen Affiliate sites in SERPs for product related searches consistently convert HUGE over the years, esp in Q4 (to the tune of 10-30% conversion rate!).

IMO the best converting traffic are the "shoppers in shopping mode" performing product searches in the SEs. So to get in front of those eyes in the SERPs is gold.

Congrats!

Oh, to answer your question about multiple posts in a day. I would say no problem, so long as you are making compelling posts with unique and thoughtful content. In other words, it's not a good idea to just cut and paste a merchant product description with an image 5 times a day in 5 diff posts..

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    My websites have blogs, so I have no blog vs. website issues.

You can make as many posts as you want everyday. I think the difference might be the RSS feed.

Does your "website" have an RSS feed?

Most of my referral traffic comes from google. A few from my web site.

The content is mainly about organizing or crafts with products added in (some reviews of products). I make sure to write content and not just throw in links.

I haven't done rss feeds yet but I will look into it.

Thanks for the input!!!

Blogs are generally pretty SEO friendly, and therefore might rank higher. Plus if you happened to be posting just as Google spiders stopped by, you might be getting them to index you to come back more often and index you faster.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Yep just the nature of a blog configuration alone attracts and holds the SE's interest. With WP categories that default as tags, time stamps, permalinks, regularly updated and focused content, etc..

Not only will your blog content rank well, but the overall blog/site itself with get natural links and gain authority quickly...if the content is compelling. As with any web publishing, you won't see as much success with re-published content, as opposed to unique, thorough and thought out posts.

Also, the link value of the links you add in the context of posts will hold a lot of weight. So don't forget to pass some link juice (anchoring with your target keywords) on to your other sites periodically (in posts) as well!

Finally the latest versions of Wordpress come with Ping-o-Matic installed. Ping-o-Matic syndicates your content to a lot of the blog directories out there. Including some of the biggies.. (Google Ping-o-Matic for more info)

So in essence with Ping-o-Matic, your content is being pushed out...rather than sitting there waiting for the spiders to come get it.

GBM

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread