Money For Nothing ...
    CPA is a dead deal ... It's Pay Me Up Front Or Get A Real Job From Now On.

I can't believe I have been taking stupid pills for so long wasting time with this on the come garbage.

So here are the results for week number one in the return to those thrilling days of yesteryear when CPM and slotting fees were da kind.

$40K in the bank for 1 Million REAL people impressions. No BS content - just 3 offers and a leaderboard on a single screen page ...

More profit in one day than in two years goofing around with CJ merchants.

And what was the sales kicker of all kickers was this, when asked about return and ROI:

"Well if you can get more people to view your offer and more click thrus for less money please go pay Google or your whatever TV media you so desire."

Where upon they got my 'Do The Math' Chart comparison. And what to my wandering eyes did appear but a wire for $40K in my bank account.

I love it when a plan comes together. Guess, I had better get on the phone and start dialing for dollars.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    New York, USA
    Well you win my prize for most inscrutable post of 2008. WTG!

New York
    CPA *IS* money for nothing that's TRUE. But, affs accept it as long as it converts at X% Even though they know it should be X+20% - so either shut up and be complacent or do something about it.

Good to see ya back BTW.
    Continued Success,

The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Well, Sometimes It Pays To ...
    Be Lucky.

CPA has it's place ... but it's a hard row to hoe, when you have to battle the eBates types ... the networks and the like.

I am all for doing something about it ... but I have run out of doable ideas short of getting elected Attorney General of New York ...

And I couldn't get elected to much of anything.

On the other hand ... if we get a few more players in the slotting game,
    I will see what I can do to spread the wealth.

BTW, I have a lunch engagement with Zappos head guys tomorrow. You want me to pass on anything to them, let me know.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Los Angeles
    Getting paid advertisers is certainly sweet. I was on a mission to replace all affiliate links with paid ads a few years ago and then became a "born again affilliate marketer" (a phrase coined by another ABWer). I left a similar rant on ABW a year or more ago. :-)

Having both is the way to go, IMO. You can then be more selective with the affiliate programs you promote.

Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread