Not paid as an affiliate for past 9 months, where do I report this?
    I have not been paid as an affiliate for the past 9 months from this affiliate program
    Aptimus - an Apollo Group, Inc. Company
    4025 Riverpoint Pkwy
    MS: CF-K801
    Phoenix, AZ 85040

We were an affiliate of theirs for about 4 years and they paid right along each month until 9 months ago when they stopped paying and I was told I had to submit an invoice to be paid, so I did. For the past 5 months I have submitted 6 different invoices and they never sent payment they just kept saying to submit another invoice. This is just giving us the run around and they don't have any plans of paying.

Since this has happened before where a company decides not to pay after years of paying on a regular basis, what can us affiliates do and where can we file a report to try to get paid?

Thanks
    Sue

Sue,

Have you spoken with Thomas McCarty (415) 896-2123 ?

If not, may I suggest that you do, making sure to note that you have posted here on ABW and that we are all awaiting news of payment. If he fails to complete please circle back and we'll point you in the right directions.

I always believe it's best to solve the issue of non-payment with the company directly, you'll be amazed at how responsive companies are once the right people know that there is an issue outstanding .
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Aptimus
    Hey SueSue,

There isn't much you can do to "force" a payment but many times it's easier to pay a pesky affiliate than let them linger on creating a nuisance. The question is, "how much do they owe you and is it worth your time collecting?"

Probably NOT what you wanted to hear but from someone who's been in the situation from both ends, I know what I'm talking about! I am guessing it isn't too much they owe you given because it doesn't seem you have a direct relationship with the affiliate manager, correct?

If you do, contact them first! Although he / she may not have the final say in your getting paid, they can share vital information with you. Remember, for the most part, affiliate managers are / were affiliates themselves and don't like being forced to screw affiliates...

I have had 11 email communications
    I have had 11 email communications with
    Ron Allen, Controller
    Aptimus, Inc.

In Feb. he told me to postal mail the invoice which I did.

Since I got no payment, I emailed him and asked what should I do now?

He told me to email the invoices to him and I did all he asked of how he wanted the invoices and sent them to him as he asked. I have emailed invoices over and over again, about every 2 weeks, with no payment ever being made to me.

In May he asked me to put a due date on the invoice so I put May 31st, plenty of time to pay since the invoice was mailed to him the first week in May. Then since no payment came I sent another invoice in June and asked for a payment due date of June 30th, well no payment again.

They are just giving the run around, no one should have to invoice the same bills to them over and over again to be paid. They used to pay without needing an invoice and now they just ignore the invoices.

I do not know who Thomas McCarty (415) 896-2123 is, can you tell me who this is?

Thanks
    Sue

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by SueSue
    I do not know who Thomas McCarty (415) 896-2123 is, can you tell me who this is?

Thanks
    Sue
    http://www. aptimus.com/management.shtml
    Last name on there
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; July 10th, 2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: No need to give a backlink to a co that alledgedly doesn't pay!

Based on what you've presented, there's no question that you should have been paid long ago but as we all know, there's always three sides to every story. Without Ron or Thomas' participation, we'll need to presume you're getting stiffed.

The invoicing, seems to me, a ploy to hold you off for a while. While there could be many logical reasons for requesting and invoice, your not getting paid after submission tells us you're getting the run-around.

I do not know who Thomas McCarty is aside from him being the senior VP of affiliate management. I've been around the block and seen quite a bit. Trying to get your money is taxing on your time and nerves. Moreover, it'll get nasty. More precisely, you'll need to do nasty little things because unfortunately, scammers tend to respond to getting hit hard and fast and repeatedly.

I do not recommend this unless they owe you money you cannot afford to lose. Could this be an expensive lesson?

Definitely call. But if you send another invoice, be sure to add a note that past due amounts will be charged a 1% per month interest fee. This is a very reasonable fee and is common on invoices. A late payment fee is often noted on all invoices - and also often ignored. Check any invoice you have from a doctor's office.

Affiliate payments are never penalized like that for being late, but he did ask you for an invoice...
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

Did you finally resolve this problem and if yes, how did you resolve it
    I think it is important for us affiliate marketers to know about this. There are a few threads in the forums about none payment of affiliate commissions due
    What does one do if the company does not respond, as in this case
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread